Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? (13435 Views)

5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) / Importance Of Mosquitoes In The Eco System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by chrisxxx(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2023
Check if your ceiling is PVC type. Sometimes they come from there this is a personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by ComeToJesus: 7:41am On Jan 23, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
Sleep under an insecticide treated mosquito net.
Use a mosquito repellant lotion before you sleep (The one I bought ended up attracting more mosquitoes though).
Get rid of wet dirt in your room and make sure you tap your door severally before opening, especially in the evenings and early mornings.

cheesy
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by omoadeleye(m): 7:43am On Jan 23, 2023
One time like that. I could not sleep due to the nuisances caused by mosquitoes in my room.

I had to face them head on by killing all of them with my hands, like crushing them literally. So i was able kill more than 20 mosquitoes in one night with my palm.

That night i slept so comfortably.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Robenna(m): 7:47am On Jan 23, 2023
Gift96:
Get a mosquito net. Also avoid opening your door down by 8

Normally in our area
Na mosquito net we de use
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by bossvitality(m): 7:47am On Jan 23, 2023
Go and get 'toprank' from any provision store, lock the doors and windows and spray it in the rooms before going to bed. Stay outside for a while after spraying. You can now open the window later
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by ibiso1986: 7:49am On Jan 23, 2023
Get a very good rechargeable fan that can last close to 8 hours... Direct it toward your body. Mosquitoes won't come near you cos of the breeze. Thank me later

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Nectarval8: 7:50am On Jan 23, 2023
Buy any electric Mosquito Zapper and sleep like a baby. I am using one in my house and it's cost only 12k for the small sized one. Instead of buying Insecticide that might even give you blocked nose. Thank me later

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by ITbomb(m): 7:50am On Jan 23, 2023
Sniper
The one with white container only

Use am and see instant death and 24 hour protection

The white container only o(ignore the crawling insect notice) , forget that yellow or black

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by MrBONE2(m): 7:50am On Jan 23, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
I won't comment what's on my mind because it's my fellow lady kiss kiss

I thought it's one of these mis*rable Redpillers grin grin

Meanwhile,,

Nigerian men are becoming useless by the day, all of them sad sad

grin
😂😁😂😁

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by frozen70(f): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:
[b][/b]I’ve tried spraying insecticide so many times, I even leave my windows shut in this hot weather to keep the insecticide in after days. I don’t know what to do, there’s no standing water anywhere near my windows, it’s becoming unbearable and i might not sleep this night because of them. Please help me with solutions

You can marry change the nets to a tinny net because mosquitoes can still penetrate through the regular net

You add bed net to your bed for sleeping

You stop going out or opening your net especially from 7am because they perch on the door, once you open the net they go in immediately
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by kaywhy09(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
simply empty the room..I mean keep the room clean and airy..no towels or clothes hanging or on bed/chair...everything in a locked cupboard...no single nylon or heap of nonsensical things around your room...once done, spray sniper once a week ..u will sleep well and the room will be airy kiss

This is your breakthrough.

Just avoid inhaling the sniper
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Ara21(f): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2023
Gift96:

With mosquito net, you can open your windows all day long, just drop your net whenever you want to sleep, you will just be watching them flying outside the net.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by djkaneo(m): 7:53am On Jan 23, 2023
Just buy and use "Super Kill Mosquito Coil"

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2023
Gift96:
8pm ke? Mummy dey Para if our door is opened at 6pm!
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by nedekid: 7:56am On Jan 23, 2023
Op, I use Rambo insecticide to spray the house.
One can can comfortably spray a 3 bedroom duplex.
Ofcourse I have Mosquito nets. The problem is that nets and flet is not effecting against sandflies. Flet might kill them, but I have actually seen those suckers fly through the pores of mosquito nets!
Here comes in the mosquitoes bats. I have this every room permanently on. I also have the bulbs. The bulbs show normal light, but at night you can switch them to the Mosquito killing function.
There is nothing satisfying as when you hear the crack at night if a mosquito of sandfly being roasted. (In my mind I say, I gat you sucker!)
Let me snap a pic of the bat for you too see. This one is by my bed side table.

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by adecz: 8:03am On Jan 23, 2023
What do you expect when you rent
cheap accommodation that has openings
in the ceiling, windows and under the
doors & not net covering❓

Mosquitoes can't pass through the walls.

The only solution for such cheap
accommodation is mosquito coils which
burn through the night and keeps mosquito
on the run so that they don't even think
of settling down to feed on your poor
man's blood .. 😁😁😁

Another option is to simply get
mosquito net. You go dey hear dem music
but they can't get at you.

Sleep 💤💤🛌well and thank me later.

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Sirchiboy: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:
[b][/b]I’ve tried spraying insecticide so many times, I even leave my windows shut in this hot weather to keep the insecticide in after days. I don’t know what to do, there’s no standing water anywhere near my windows, it’s becoming unbearable and i might not sleep this night because of them. Please help me with solutions

You live in ph
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by wehdone(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2023
ojun50:
Get sniper mix with kerosin and use and use it around yr environment

Mix it with water, you get better results. All those chemicals are meant to be mixed with water. You'll see Sniper written 1000EC, it means emulsifiable concentrate. You mix it with one part of sniper to a thousand part of water. But Naija insects and mosquitoes don't have respect for many chemicals so we use sniper as a 200-300EC😥😥😥.

Put 3-5 caps of snipper into a 75cl eva water bottle, and fill up with water. Shake well, and then perforate the cap of the mixture.... Use this as an improvised sprayer. Spray your room in the morning when going to work; by the timpe you return, all those morafockers should have died. Do it 2-3 times in a week, and you might not experience mosque-men bite you again.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by peacettw: 8:16am On Jan 23, 2023
Abizz:

Well, I won't totally write off your experience but I used mine at my former place for more than 2 years. No single tear all through, it all depends on the handling of it. Most people assume because it's not as thick as the traditional nets that it won't last but from my own experience, they aren't correct.

The issue isn't the net. Mine started from the zips. Then the rods before the nets wore down. It's painful particularly since they are so expensive
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:21am On Jan 23, 2023
Always close your dors and windows before 5pm daily....then peel some garlic boobs and put around you while you sleep.
Mosquitoes hates offensives odour too..so mix garlic, ginger and turmeric and sprinkle around your room...its helped me as i was not seeing any mosquitoes but i was being bitten by it especially on my head ooo
Thought it was witches n wizard attacking me until i went herbal.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Barims(m): 8:24am On Jan 23, 2023
I have been there it's hard I had to leave house for them rent another house grin grin I cannot come and die Lai Lai
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2023
Felixalex:
Check your environment, are there grasses around, close to your apartment? Do u have some rubbish packed at some spot close to your apartment? Like empty cans or bottles, buckets etc?

It's not about your room, it's your environment. You can as well fumigate your surroundings with a strong pesticide and you will be free for a while..

I remember when we were in NYSC camp, with all the grasses and some stagnant water around, i never experienced any mosquito bites. I was wondering why, until one day the camp director was angry at corpers damaging the was because they were trying to hit nails to hang mosquito nets, in her words "we have fumigated this place, u don't even need mosquito nets, I can tell u that for the next one month no single mosquito will survive in the whole of this camp"

Ogun camp?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by NwaliE01: 8:28am On Jan 23, 2023
One of the ways to get rid of mosquitoes is nautical birds. This is one of the reasons it's a crime to kill birds abroad apart from the fact that some are deployed for security purpose. This birds feeds on mosquitoes and others insects. It would be very helpful if you get some birds for this purpose. Train them to limit their movement within your house.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by cliqtips: 8:29am On Jan 23, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Nigerian men are becoming useless by the day, all of them sad sad

I guess you'll marry your fellow woman or stay single forever.

Or
Can you swear you are not in a relationship with at least one of them?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Padipadi(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:

Lol. Just keep trying
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by naijapikin2(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2023
Please bear is with them.

It was enoch that put them in the ark to torment us.

Please bear with them.

After all, bible says:

Love your neighbors and enemies and pray for them. grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Felixalex(m): 8:33am On Jan 23, 2023
oluwafreshkid:

Ogun camp?

Enugu
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by largeman4u(m): 8:35am On Jan 23, 2023
All the insecticides are not working. SON should lock up those company

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by mmsen: 8:40am On Jan 23, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Learn to ignore them when they are biting you shocked

You are wicked o.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2023
Modestanewsreel:
It depends on the mosquito repellent you're using. Seems its not effective. Go and get BNC mosquito repellent. For weeks they wont smell your house.. buy the big size. Again, buy the big size. E get why.

How does it look like?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2023
datola:
That issue of mosquito is a serious menace here. Those who have jappaed also escaped malaria fever from mosquito bite.

Bedbugs are worse!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JOHESU Stops Nationwide Strike, Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum / COVID-19: FG Receives $22 Million Supplies From UN, EU. / Couple And Their 3-Month-Old Baby Die In Kebbi Fire Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.