Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading (6190 Views)

Gunmen Declare 10-Day Sit-At-Home In Enugu Communities, Order Markets To Shut / Fayemi Issues Seven-Day Ultimatum Against Roadside Trading, Indiscriminate Wast / COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by AngelGabbyShara(m): 4:59am On Jan 23, 2023
…as market women promise to utilise new facilities

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has said his administration would build more markets in strategic locations within the state in a bid to stop street trading and provide more facilities for commercial activities.

Governor Oyebanji disclosed this in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday when he led some state officials on inspection of road rehabilitation in some parts of the State capital.

The Governor who was inspecting the rehabilitation of the Agric Olope road and channelization project, addressed market women leaders at the new Shasha market. He told the market leaders of his administration’s plan to build more markets to accommodate the teeming number of traders involved in street trading with attendant discomfort to other road users.

“I am impressed by the spate of work on this market. I hope you will make use of the facilities, as our government is making plans to build more markets for you so that you will stop street trading. Are you assuring me that you will make use of the new markets, because we don’t want a situation where you will abandon the market and be hawking your goods on the roadside.

“This government is committed to your safety, welfare as well as growth of your business. When we provide facilities you must make sure they are put to proper use.” The governor told the traders.

“The spokesperson for the market women, Mrs Olabiran thanked the governor for the new market and assured that traders will make proper use of the market and other facilities being planned.

Governor Oyebanji who said he was satisfied with the level and quality of work done by the contractors on the roads being rehabilitated by his administration, adding that the road rehabilitation would soon be extended to all the 16 local government areas of the state.

Speaking with Journalists shortly after the exercise, the Governor said he had always embarked on projects inspection to ensure conformity with standard, adding that his administration will continue to serve the interest of all Ekiti people irrespective of political leaning.

The Governor, in an interaction with some residents who trooped out to see him, said one of his administration’s programmes aimed at empowering artisans, market women and small scale businesses would soon be unveiled to guarantee prosperity of the people.

Oyebanji urged all residents of Ekiti to vote for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu during the February 25 Presidential election, saying Ekiti would benefit more and enjoy more dividends of democracy when the APC Presidential Candidate becomes president of Nigeria.

“It is my mission to regularly check on ongoing projects in the state, this is not the first time I’m doing this and it’s going to be done regularly. I just went there today to see for myself how far they have gone and to ensure that they conform to standard and I’m extremely impressed about the quality of work done and the speed, because the rain will soon set in so we want to cover as much ground as we can before the rainy season.

“Politics ended with the governorship election and I took an oath in October to serve the people of Ekiti State irrespective of political affiliation, we are all one in the state and the government will serve the interest of everybody. So, there is no politics in government.

“I actually went to see the ongoing project and I saw the development in the market, I’m quite impressed and I’m happy with the commitment of the market women to move to that site when it is completed. We will assist them and we will clear Ado of roadside traders and that will give the state capital a very nice look and also ensures that we minimize traffic within the metropolis.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0xqw29ggPwFNWkvdsmMaTXw3Q3hf9fEbZi7baRneXBXyo8d7di8Y6w8GLDfBduFJ5l&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by Greenscientist: 5:04am On Jan 23, 2023
Impressive
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by WibusJaga: 5:04am On Jan 23, 2023

Good one.
Always an eyesore seeing traders block the road, aside the traffic jam.

3 Likes

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by bigdammyj: 5:05am On Jan 23, 2023
Better.
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:05am On Jan 23, 2023
hahahahahaha...

Develop the place first... Aleast do roads,make we see road go the market na..

The bridges linking Okemesi with Esa-Oke and Imesi-Ile don die pkatapkata....na good driving skills fit make man not to run enter ditch created by erosion and years of neglect

Ndi ala and audio promises

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by oyin44: 5:10am On Jan 23, 2023
I like this governor thank you sir..

Don't cease to care for the people you are under oath to governor

1 Like

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by Lekan239(m): 5:16am On Jan 23, 2023
When will you guys start work on Odo-Ado Road where the Ado New Local Government area and New Immigration office is located.

You said it yourself that the rain is coming very soon and yet nothing is been done on that particular road

1 Like

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by fatboyslym007: 5:28am On Jan 23, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
hahahahahaha...

The bridges linking Okemesi with Esa-Oke and Imesi-Ile don die pkatapkata....na good driving skills fit make man not to run enter ditch created by erosion and years of neglect

Lol
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by seeyounow: 5:45am On Jan 23, 2023
lipsrsealed

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by Femich18(m): 5:58am On Jan 23, 2023
Ok
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by sonofthunder: 6:00am On Jan 23, 2023
I hope it's not a ploy to steal/waste money.

Better to discuss with most of these people and their union/market leaders so that you get most of them on board your plan.

Most places we have seen similar things done, the markets ended up a waste.

But it's a good initiative anyways.
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by chillychill(f): 6:07am On Jan 23, 2023
angry i hope those traders can afford it,as long as the government wont say they should pay a huge sum of money for d stalls den its a welcome idea....

if dem even develop d place small for dem probably they wont be need for hawking dere business .
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by everythinggirly(f): 6:14am On Jan 23, 2023
Good thinking.
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by ceaser: 6:25am On Jan 23, 2023
“Politics ended with the governorship election and I took an oath in October to serve the people of Ekiti State irrespective of political affiliation, we are all one in the state and the government will serve the interest of everybody. So, there is no politics in government.

But you still did the opposite few days ago when Atiku came to your state for campaign. In order to frustrate his supporters' commute to his campaign venue, public transport, kèké Napep and fuel stations were barred from operating for that day. Few bikers that worked were sanctioned when caught.

Atiku is indeed a thief, but even a thief has a right to air his own side of the story, but you almost denied him that opportunity.

That's politics you just played in governance. Peter Obi did something similar to Labour Party when he was governor of Anambra state and now it is here to haunt him as the opposition has brought our attention to it and proven it as truth.

Please try to walk your talk else you risk being painted with the same brush as the disappointing Fayemi, and it's just 3 months into your leadership.

1 Like

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by OlawaleBammie: 6:59am On Jan 23, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
hahahahahaha...

They despise forwardness, full of hatred grin grin

They despise good news, it always irritate them grin

But anyway, good things will never locate them, universe will cease to locate people like that, and they will never know peace just as usual grin grin
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by edogu(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2023
People go into street trading for two reasons:
1. When market shops are not affordable.
2. When the market is not sited in an environment not exposed to regular buyers.

However, it should be pointed out that not having a shop means you will always be at the mercy of "agberos".
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by phemmyfour: 7:09am On Jan 23, 2023
Greenscientist:
Impressive
Building market that masses won't be able to afford
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by FAIRALL(m): 7:12am On Jan 23, 2023
Building more markets is obviously not the solution to street trading
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by jamace(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2023
FAIRALL:
Building more markets is obviously not the solution to street trading
It is a solution.
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:18am On Jan 23, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

They despise forwardness, full of hatred grin grin

They despise good news, it always irritate them grin

But anyway, good things will never locate them, universe will cease to locate people like that, and they will never know peace just as usual grin grin

come back home...Benin republic is not home
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by OlawaleBammie: 8:40am On Jan 23, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

come back home...Benin republic is not home
Benin Republic is part if the Yoruba kingdom if u care to know grin grin

Just make sure u always put a call tru to Ur people at home before they are being sliced by ugm grin,

What a desolate dot nation grin
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by Tboymessiah(m): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2023
Ekiti state government don bribe nairaland to dey promote their post on the forum...we know as e dey go
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by premierlead: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2023
Tboymessiah:
Ekiti state government don bribe nairaland to dey promote their post on the forum...we know as e dey go

Just like ahnie
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
Benin Republic is part if the Yoruba kingdom if u care to know grin grin

Just make sure u always put a call tru to Ur people at home before they are being sliced by ugm grin,

What a desolate dot nation grin

come back home...

Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by techWriter3: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2023
So, Check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, statement of purpose, thesis, or personal statement.
Re: EKSG To Open More Markets To Stop Roadside Trading by drololaaof: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
AngelGabbyShara:

…as market women promise to utilise new facilities

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0xqw29ggPwFNWkvds
AnmMaTXw3Q3hf9fEbZi7baRneXBXyo8d7di8Y6w8GLDfBduFJ5l&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz
An exercise in futility,build markets on every street, trading & hawking will continue.
Who do you allocate the stalls to ? Are they not your political loyalists who are not even traders?

(1) (Reply)

Oyebanji Presents ₦‎25m To 23 Communities For Grassroots Development / Tinubu, 100 Days And The Burden Of Resetting Nigeria - Temitope Ajayi / James Ibori The Criminal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.