Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

James Ibori The Criminal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori The Criminal. (6193 Views)

Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! / James Onanefe Ibori The Criminal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
Desperate, the established serial thief who was once governor of Delta State, James Ibori, is well underway in his character-laundering scheme, a project Saharareporters forewarned Nigerians about on September 23 2009.

One of Ibori’s main themes is also to smear the name of Saharareporters, as if that will make him appear to be innocent. Ibori told a TV Continental interviewer in Lagos last Saturday, for instance, that his multiple convictions for stealing and Ibori's stealing and dishonesty per AMEX Card
Desperate, the established serial thief who was once governor of Delta State, James Ibori, is well underway in his character-laundering scheme, a project Saharareporters forewarned Nigerians about on September 23 2009.

One of Ibori’s main themes is also to smear the name of Saharareporters, as if that will make him appear to be innocent. Ibori told a TV Continental interviewer in Lagos last Saturday, for instance, that his multiple convictions for stealing and dishonesty in London are only from the imagination of Saharareporters.

This is proof that the Ibori is also a serial liar. But by choosing this approach, he gives us an opportunity to remind Nigerians of how early his life of crime began, and remind Ibori himself that the court of public opinion is based not on conjecture, but on facts. If Ibori has become a symbol of greed and corruption in Nigeria, it is from the work of his own heart and his own hands.
Was Ibori ever convicted in London, England? Yes, and Yes! The documents here are proof of his crimes and convictions. He was convicted, first for theft in 1990, charged before the Uxbridge Magistrates on August 28 1990, Ibori and his current wife first wife, Theresa Nkoyo were convicted for the offence in January 1991 at the Isleworth Crown Court and again in 1991, he stole an American Express Gold Card belonging to Sean Burns. The Clerkenwell Magistrates Court in London convicted Ibori in 1992

Was he convicted in Nigeria? Yes, He Was! Following his graduation from his criminal activities in the UK and arrival into the embrace of the murderous Abacha regime, he was also convicted in Nigeria by the Bwari Upper Area Court in Abuja, according to the judge who tried and convicted Ibori for stealing building materials from a construction site in Abuja.

Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2009
Na today. . .
Ibori is a born criminal. . .
A leopard doesnt change colour, Ibori will steal all the way to his grave!
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
@ MrCra. not all of us know and believe he is a born criminal (Thief, Liar, Womanizer). This are the kind of people that are defacing Nigerians in the eyes of the world. A few people like him still exist among us and we need to stand tall and talk about it. Not only talk but act.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by redsun(m): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
Just like some jews did-doing in the hunt for nazi criminals and palistinian activists,why can't determine and principled nigerians,people that are ready to give their lives for justice set up some kind of death squad to kill off all the known bad elements in our public affairs.Instead of just kidnapping for cheap ransoms,we get rid of this mothrrfuckers for good and the ones that are lucky to live will turn  new leaves by force.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2009
[size=14pt]''Operation Umaru Dikko'': International Dragnet targets James Ibori[/size]

Former Delta State Governor, James Ibori has unwittingly found himself in the middle of efforts by an international coalition to arrest and bring him to justice for orchestrating one of the most brazen and monumental cases of embezzlement and theft of public funds by any Nigerian State Chief Executive.

Amid the persistent feet-dragging by the Yar’adua administration which has continued to shield Ibori from the long arms of the law, and in what seems like an intent to insult and mock the collective sensibilities of law-abiding citizens the world over, the coalition involving anti-graft campaigners in Britain and the United States has resolved to arrest Ibori and transfer him to any jurisdiction across the western hemisphere, most likely, Britain, where he will be tried for corruption and money laundering.

Huhuonline.com has learnt from sources in the coalition that special operations units are now combing the streets of Nigerian cities with instructions to kidnap Ibori and transfer him to Britain or the United States. The dragnet, sources told Huhuonline.com has also been widen to China; the only country where Ibori now travels since any attempt to step foot in the western hemisphere spells doom for the former governor, who, of late has launched a massive media campaign to rehabilitate his hugely tarnished image; taking Nuhu Ribadu head-on in a bruising tit-for-tat media spat.

The uncharacteristic enterprise dubbed; “Operation Umaru Dikko,” after the audacious attempt by Israeli agents to kidnap and smuggle Umaru Dikko; former Nigerian Transport Minister out of London, is said to be masterminded by some past and present barons of the ruling PDP who feel relegated to the background after losing out in the power struggle that heralded Yar’adua’s ascent to the Presidency.

Huhuonline.com understands that James Ibori has become the most powerful and influential men in Nigeria today, having generously oiled the wheels of Yar’adua’s 2007 presidential campaign machinery. “Ibori is the kingmaker; all the noise about the so-called Kaduna and Katsina mafia is now history…Ibori is the boss,” a presidential source told Huhuonline.com, adding: “his tentacles stretch from the corridors of Aso Rock to the creeks in the Niger Delta. He is Yar’adua’s political Godfather and no Nigerian government official dare cross his path. The man is an untouchable.”

Sources have told Huhuonline.com that as soon as Yar’adua came into office, James Ibori put pressure on the President to remove Ribadu as EFCC boss. Ibori’s strategy was to buy time from prosecution by orchestrating the removal of Ribadu. The story was that Ribadu had messed up and lost respect among Nigerians for allowing former President Obasanjo to use him for political battles. If Yar’adua had to be taken seriously about fighting corruption, then Ribadu would have to go, Ibori reportedly told the President. Ibori had his way and Ribadu was not only fired and humiliated, but is now on self-imposed exile.

Many believe Ibori has an ally in Michael Aondoakaa, the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice. Aondoakaa’s attitude towards the fight against corruption is, perhaps, better understood against the background of his battle with the EFCC as one of the Counsel to the Benue State government in its action against the EFCC. The state government asked the court to declare the EFCC illegal body and that it had no right to investigate corruption cases against any Benue state official. That case was decided in favour of the EFCC.

To secure a second term, President Yar’adua must persuade state governors to stick together and back the ruling PDP again. That may be harder in 2011 than it was in the last two elections and it thus will amount to political suicide for Yar’adua to turn against Ibori in the countdown to 2011.

Huhuonline.com has learnt from impeccable presidential sources that the international anti-graft coalition has been mounting pressure on Yar’adua to make good his rule of law mantra by ending his protection of Ibori. Another important test of Yar’adua’s reform commitment loom: his willingness to sack the widely reviled AG Michael Aondoakaa in the coming reshuffle. That would remove one of James Ibori’s greatest cheerleaders in the government. Last month, three of Ibori’s female associates faced trial in London for laundering of funds stolen from the Delta State treasury. The outcome of this case will shape the future of Yar’adua’s presidency.

The accusations against Ibori are, indeed, grave and it would be a waste of time to catalogue the many crimes of James Ibori; rather it would be comforting to note that the noose is tightening around his neck as pressure continues to mount on Yar’adua to bring the former Delta State Governor to justice. Ibori is facing 103 counts of money laundering and corruption but the case is unlikely to ever go to trial let alone be resolved. Similar charges against him in the England brought by the London Metropolitan Police were dismissed after the Nigerian Attorney General; Michael Aondoakaa filed a petition that they be dropped.

James Ibori wields enormous influence and epitomizes everything that is wrong with the Nigerian character. James Ibori is no doubt fighting the battle of his life. Depending on how his luck holds, the next few months will determine whether he will remain the main power broker in the Yar’adua government as his enemies and detractors close up on him. Ibori is having sleepless nights, not only with the ongoing fight with Nuhu Ribadu, but he can no longer step foot outside the shores of Nigeria(Europe & America). But beyond all this, Ibori continues to play a game of survival by using his understanding of Nigeria’s political system to escape the law. Will he survive, will he sink? This is the question agitating the minds of political observers in and outside the corridors of power.

http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=513:operation-umaru-dikko-international-dragnet-targets-james-ibori&catid=91:elibrary&Itemid=286
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2009
@ OP

Thx for starting this thread,we will continue to let the whole world know the real caharacter of the ex-convict,petty criminal,treasury looter and murderer called James Ibori
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2009
s4:

[b]Was he convicted in Nigeria? Yes, He Was! Following his graduation from his criminal activities in the UK and arrival into the embrace of the murderous Abacha regime, he was also convicted in Nigeria by the Bwari Upper Area Court in Abuja, according to the judge who tried and convicted Ibori for stealing building materials from a construction site in Abuja.[/
b]

Kai,see the type of petty thief that PDP gave the treasuries of my beloved state for "safe-keeping" for good eight years cry cry cry
Fellow Deltans;una doh
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by citizenY(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2009
Na resource control grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2009
I think we need mass education, spiritual cleansing, and proper revolution in this country.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by citizenY(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
Mass education when people of Oghara, Andoni and all villages where these crooks

have their origins do to them what their traditions do to thieves. It is hard O but

truth no get another name. This must apply to all our communities. Defy that odds and

say no. As i said in another post, it is not everyone in their village or even street that

is eating from a golden plate. They should start by telling their chief that the guy us giving

their community a bad name or ask him why he gave a title to a crook. YOUTHS, WHERE UNA DAY?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by 55gal(m): 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2009
It's in his blood! shocked
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2009
I know you all mean well and love the people of Delta State. We Thank you for your good will but please pursue others as well so your good will doesn't get mistaken for tribalism or hypocrisy.

What about these people:

1. Nicholas Ugbade and Ndudi Elumelu for the rural electrification project
2. Adenike Grange, former Minister of Health
3. Iyabo Obasanjo, a serving senator
4. Former governors Lucky Igbinedion, Joshua Dariye, Saminu Turaki, Ayo Fayose, Orji Uzor Kalu, Jolly Nyame and Rasheed Ladoja

Please feel free to add to the list.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2009
part of his loot was used to finance yaradua's campaign,so he's not a criminal per se, he only spend the money, but anyhow sha, I think he is a thief,
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2009
~Bluetooth:

part of his loot was used to finance yaradua's campaign,so he's not a criminal per se, he only spend the money, but anyhow sha, I think he is a thief,
How can you say he is not a criminal? shocked
Someone who was convicted of theft and fraud in the UK?
Someone who looted his state treasury on a monumental scale?
Should i go on?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by omamokta: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2009
Na wa for this guy who has been on the spot light for wrong thing for close to two decades, just like the igbo saying that any abomination that stays 4 more than a year becomes a culture, its part of him, is he a klept?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2009
Yes lots of this kind of people exist amongst us.
Recently i got a phone call from a company in the UK i was hoping to do geniue business with, At first they never know i was operating from Nigeria but immediately i mentioned i am operating from Nigeria, the lady calling just told me that the company does not do business with Nigeria and Nigerians. Me and many other business men in Nigeria would have experience such an embarrassing moment in the course of expanding their business scope.
Let ask ourselves, who are those defacing us in the eye of the cooperate world.

James Ibori is one of such people. He has been nailed, He has been shown and proven guilty. Let us all move with great agitation to oppose this corrupt leaders.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2009
I don't know quite what to make of all this. There were similar accusations against Bola Tinubu and drug trafficking and money laundering.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=782:bola-tinubu-heroin&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I don't know quite what to make of all this. There were similar accusations against Bola Tinubu and drug trafficking and money laundering.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=782:bola-tinubu-heroin&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
And your point is?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2009
@SapeleGuy What exactly is your point. Yes Tinubu was accussed, but not proved like this. Yes if we have prove about anybody let us bring it out. Everybody in Nigeria that is found guilty and proving so with right documentation should be talked about. Tinubu, Iyabo Obasanjo or anybody.

Tribalistic not here.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:

See how quite easily and soon you've contradicted your own self.You said people should concentrate mofre on happenings outside Delta State in order not to be seen to be tribalistic or hypocritical (I wonder how that can be),now you are fighting tooth and nail to shift the searchlight away from the subject of this thread and you're grabbing at the Tinubu,Grange and all other straws

See,the fact that unlike you,some of us don't have our nairaland usernames as OkparainlandGuy,or UghelliGuy,or KokoriGuy or EvwreniGuy or PataniGuy does not mean you're the only Deltan on this forum,so quit grieving more than the bereaved as you are not Ibori or come out and tell us what connects you to him,so we can address you appropriately
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

How can you say he is not a criminal? shocked
Someone who was convicted of theft and fraud in the UK?
Someone who looted his state treasury on a monumental scale?
Should i go on?

Be not surprised my friend,my countrymen are mostly very unbelieveable
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
A different court, sitting in London, and backed by the full resources of the Metropolitan Police will take very little time to verify such evidence. Which is why, in the ongoing London Crown Court case against his associates, their highly-paid defence counsel did not raise any objection in open court when these same allegations were placed on record by the prosecution.

Keep it up folks, this man is not sleeping well at night.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-333734.0.html
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by tarano: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
Nigerians we are stupid, how do people like this get into position of authority, before I use to think Nigerians encourage mediocrity, promoting failures to higher position of power and influence. Now Nigeria is fully practicing crimitocracy, the more criminally minded you are the higher you go in your chosen field.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:

You need to come back here and explain what your point is. . .
We are waiting! cool
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
rasputinn:

See how quite easily and soon you've contradicted your own self.You said people should concentrate mofre on happenings outside Delta State in order not to be seen to be tribalistic or hypocritical (I wonder how that can be),now you are fighting tooth and nail to shift the searchlight away from the subject of this thread and you're grabbing at the Tinubu, Grange and all other straws

Rasputinn -  Any and everybody is free to comment on any state in the country or nairaland usernames for that matter. LOL

I have to question your sincerity when you dismiss the charges against obasanjo, turaki, grange, kalu and others as 'clutching at straws'.  Why don't you go the whole hog and discharge and acquit them.

The essence of justice is innocent until proven guilty, we musn't be selective about this even when you so dislike or hate the person, Bring some objectivity and impartiality to the proceedings.

Let us go after all looters in all corners of the country. Nobody should be above the law, no sacred cows - including tinubu, ibori, turaki, kalu or obasanjo.

Mr Crackles - e be like say you don set wait me. My point is very simple -  equal rights and justice for all.  Is that something you can agree with?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:
Mr Crackles - e be like say you don set wait me. My point is very simple -  equal rights and justice for all.  Is that something you can agree with?
I can relate to that but it appears you are trying to justify Ibori's criminal and dirty activities or am i wrong
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

I can relate with that but it appears you are trying to justify Ibori's criminal and dirty activities or am i wrong

I'm afraid so my dear fellow.

Look at that this thread. In the interest of fairness, this is how it should be done.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259676.0.html
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by debosky(m): 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2009
I'm not surprised to hear such arguments from SapeleGuy.

Accusations indeed - Ibori was remanded in Kaduna Prisons given the seriousness of the charges against him IN COURT, not speculations on the pages of internet journals.

The case has virtually died now because Ibori's ex lawyer is now the AG of the country?  undecided

If someone has been investigated to the point of being charged to court, it is ludicrous to assemble a list of people who should be prosecuted instead. Ibori's crimes are so egregious, both within and outside Nigeria that he will not even travel out of fear of arrest.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by skfa1: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2009
Ibori u no do am well o
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I'm afraid so my dear fellow.
Look at that this thread. In the interest of fairness, this is how it should be done.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259676.0.html
You baffle me i swear. . . .
How can you justify Ibori's monumental criminal activities and the role he is playing in disentegrating Nigeria shocked
Did he pay your internet subscriptions or did you get a portion of the looted funds?
Ibori is a grand criminal, home and abroad and remains a major threat to Nigeria's stability. . . You should know better!
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by Beaf: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

I can relate to that but it appears you are trying to justify Ibori's criminal and dirty activities or am i wrong

No, I don't think that's his point. I understand SapeleGuy's position perfectly. We all know that Ibori is a criminal. But there is the more subtle game that Niger Delta people are aware of; it is the political traps the FG has been laying instead of being true to their word and resolving the ND issues once and for all. There are a lot of paid nagative propaganda mongers spreading deliberate falsehoods and hyping anything negative about the ND to the exclusion of all else.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2009
Beaf:

No, I don't think that's his point. I understand SapeleGuy's position perfectly. We all know that Ibori is a criminal. But there is the more subtle game that Niger Delta people are aware of; it is the political traps the FG has been laying instead of being true to their word and resolving the ND issues once and for all. There are a lot of paid nagative propaganda mongers spreading deliberate falsehoods and hyping anything negative about the ND to the exclusion of all else.
Tell me something i dont know. . . . shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Drops In World Economic Index / APC Denies Adopting Keyamo As Delta Central Senatorial Seat / Sen Ben Bruce Blocked Me On Twitter For Telling Him The Truth ( Screenshot )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.