Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom (41722 Views)

Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Christopher Ohizu (Ideato North LG Chairman) / Court Orders Uzodinma To Reinstate Sacked Imo LG Chairmen / How APC NWC Foiled Attempt By Okorocha To Stop Imo LG Congresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by treesun: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
The abducted Sole Administrator of the Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State, Chris Ohizu, has been beheaded.

The council boss was butchered on Sunday after his abductors allegedly received N6 million as ransom.

Video of his beheading surfaced online on Sunday, where his killers insisted that there would be no election in the country.

A source from the LGA, who did not want to be named, disclosed that the killers of the sole administrator published videos of the beheading with the phone of their victim on his WhatsApp status.

The source said, The sole administrator has been beheaded. We saw videos of how he was being beheaded on Sunday. His killers posted it with his phone on his own WhatsApp status. That was how people got to know that he was beheaded.

“The videos were horrible. He was tied and half naked before he was beheaded. That was a painful way to die. They butchered him after collecting N6 million ransom.”

When contacted, the spokesperson for the police in the state, Henry Okoye, confirmed the incident and simply said “investigation is ongoing.”

The slain sole administrator was kidnapped on Friday alongside two others after burning his country home at Imoko community in the Arondizuogu area of the LGA.

He was shot before he was taken away.

https://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-behead-imo-lg-boss-after-collecting-ransom/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7533807/christopher-ohizu-gunmen-kidnap-chairman#up

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by agarawu1985: 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
PETER OBI PEOPLE AGAIN... cry cry cry cry

123 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Emir01: 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2023
Very sad. IPOB Again.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by TheNiceGuy(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2023
Obi people again

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Maazieze(m): 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2023
agarawu1985:

I didnt hear anyone screaming Atiku people again when train kidnapping happened in edo state. Nigeria, security wise has degenerated under Buhari.

188 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Emmanuella00(f): 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
Terrific 😔

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2023
agarawu1985:

Agarawurudeen the ewedu Muslim thiefnubuu lackey...you don old for this forum. Stop fooling yourself, you are in your 40s. grin

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2023
That Arondizuogu to Akokwa area has become so volatile recently.
For those who don't know, Ideato is Rochas Okorochas zone. He's from Ideato Sout, which used to be part of the old Ideato Local Government comprising both Ideato North and Ideato South.

A close friend of mine was shot dead around this area during the Christmas festivities. Many armed robbery attacks around the area. Obviously, a well trained hardened set of criminals have been introduced in the bushes around these areas. The bushes here go all the way to Okigwe.

Hope Uzodinmgba is having a running battle with a lot of political figures from Ideato area. Not just with Rochas. And Ideato is part of the old Orlu zone where both Hope and Rochas and Udenwa and the Ugochinyere guy whose house was burnt few days ago , come from. Even Tony Ezenna of Orange drugs who once in a while dabbles into politics is from Akokwa.

Eze Duruiheoma, a big PDP stalwart is also from Ideato South! So for Hope Uzodimma to deliver any sizeable number of votes for APC during the presidential election or for his fledging second term bid, he must suffocate these characters and command Ideato, which has some of the biggest votes in Orlu zone! You get it now?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by treesun: 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
Family destroying family member. This is extremely bad!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by oyin44: 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
Let us blame tinubu abeg 😃😃😃

Tinubu is the one doing all these killings in south east 😃😃😃

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Dhury: 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
They remain unknown Despite insisting on no elections in the East .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Think9ja(m): 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2023
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
treesun:
Family destroying family member. This is extremely bad!
Brethrens are mutilating brethrens at Soka Forest and all over Ogun too..
It's terrible indeed..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:
For those who don't know, Ideato is Rochas Okorochas zone. He's from Ideato Sout, which used to be part of the old Ideato Local Government comprising both Ideato North and Ideato South.

A close friend of mine was shot dead around this area during the Christmas festivities. Many armed robbery attacks around the area. Obviously, a well trained hardened set of criminals have been introduced in the bushes around these areas. The bushes here go all the way to Okigwe.

Hope Uzodinmgba is having a running battle with a lot of political figures from Ideato area. Not just with Rochas. And Ideato is part of the old Orlu zone where both Hope and Rochas and Udenwa and the Ugochinyere guy whose house was burnt few days ago , come from. Even Tony Ezenna of Orange drugs who once in a while dabbles into politics is from Akokwa.

Eze Duruiheoma, a big PDP stalwart is also from Ideato South! So for Hope Uzodimma to deliver any sizeable number of votes for APC during the presidential election or for his fledging second term bid, he must suffocate these characters and command Ideato, which has some of the biggest votes in Orlu zone! You get it now?

Shameless and heartless Old Man! Tufiakwa!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
Dhury:
They remain unknown Despite insisting on no elections in the East .

These are rascals and criminals who were INTENTIONALLY RELEASED from the prisons all over the East months back to infiltrate the villages and do exactly what they are doing; kill and maim. These are not IPOB nor are the Biafran agitators. These are loose criminals working in tandem with some serious political figures to orchestrate choas in the East in order to stop people from voting in their favourite candidates during the upcoming presidential and gubernatorial elections.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2023
NgeneUkwenu:

Shameless and heartless Old Man! Tufiakwa!
Ngeneukwunkita,
Who told you that I'm old..
Mgbu!
It's like you have a thing for old people, no wonder you are stuck at Tinupos behind!
Tinupoo pampers like you..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Ojiofor: 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:

Yeah divert attention from UGM/ESN your favourite terrorists and blame politicians as if politics starts today in Imo state and Igboland in general.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Digriz(m): 1:31pm On Jan 23, 2023
Ojiofor:

Yeah divert attention from UGM/ESN your favourite terrorists and blame politicians as if politics starts today in Imo state and Igboland in general.
Can you defend what you just said?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2023
Ojiofor:

I have told you what I know as someone from Imo State who calls home regularly to ascertain what's going on! Maybe you know better, no problems! Can we do it these way then:

Swear with your daughters life that you are dead sure it's the ESN that are responsible for this! Don't bring in the socalled "unknown gunmen" because they're totally different from the ESN!

If you can't, simply dry up and stop belaboring my mentions with your uncouth outbursts.. Someones life was just taken and I expect a little bit of seriousness from you. You may not like IPOB but that shouldn't be enough reason to obscure the deadly activities of some hoodlums pretending to be IPOB or ESN!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Ojiofor: 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2023
Digriz:

Take me to court first.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by trutharena: 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:

I have told you what I know as someone from Imo State who calls home regularly to ascertain what's going on! Maybe you know better, no problems! Can we do it these way then:

Swear with your daughters life that you are dead sure it's the ESN that are responsible for this! Don't bring in the socalled "unknown gunmen" because they're totally different from the ESN!

If you can't, simply dry up and stop belaboring my mentions with your uncouth outbursts.. Someones life was just taken and I expect a little bit of seriousness from you. You may not like IPOB but that shouldn't be enough reason to obscure the deadly activities of some hoodlums pretending to be IPOB or ESN!

Did you watch the video where they tied the hand of the man before beheading him?

The people that killed him clearly said they are fighting for Biafra.

All of you supporting these terrorists will eventually fall by their sword because these monsters know no friend. Just continue defending them.

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2023
Digriz:

Don't mind the rabble rouser!
He's so full of it.
Some of these guys are so bereft of basic conscience that playing political football with fellow humans lives have become their favorite pastime..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by owobokiri(m): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2023
trutharena:

Did you watch the video where they tied the hand of the man?

Your point?
ESN is the only group in the world that ties the hands of their so called victims before killing them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by trutharena: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:

Your point?
ESN is the only group in the world that ties the hands of their so called victims before killing them?

Who are those fighting for Biafra?

The killers clearly said in the video that they are fighting for Biafra and want their own country.

They even threatened Hope and other politicians in the video.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Trapnews: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
Maazieze:

I didnt hear anyone screaming Atiku people again when train kidnapping happened in edo state. Nigeria, security wise has degenerated under Buhari.
Shattap! terrorists always supporting evil. When you were all donating and praising Igbos you didn't know all these will happen? Nonesense terrorists.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by squrless: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2023
agarawu1985:
Which one is Peter OBI people again .....🙄🙄🙄🙄
Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Ojiofor: 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:

Swear with your own life first that Uzodimma or any other politician did it.
Before MNK created ESN in december 2020 how many poliitical related killings did we record in Igboland?
In 2019 election was there any case of killings and kidnapping?
I will continue to call you out any time I want to.

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Trapnews: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:

Why are you defending Igbos blindly when there are videos of KANU instructing his senseless foot soldiers to carry out same act? Abeg gettat!

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by IGBOSON1: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
owobokiri:

These are rascals and criminals who were INTENTIONALLY RELEASED from the prisons all over the East months back to infiltrate the villages and do exactly what they are doing; kill and maim. These are not IPOB nor are the Biafran agitators. These are loose criminals working in tandem with some serious political figures to orchestrate choas in the East in order to stop people from voting in their favourite candidates during the upcoming presidential and gubernatorial elections.

You’re almost spot on! Just that i have a hunch the vermin that beheaded him are not ‘Igbo criminals escaped from prison’, but the same northern elements (criminal herdsmen, bandits, terrorists and those with links to the army) who have been operating in the south-east for more than a year now!

You see, the fact that they beheaded the gentleman shows a level of hate and animosity towards the victim driven by emotion! Why would Igbo kidnappers go on to behead the victim IN COLD BLOOD…..their own kinsfolk, if their wasn’t some level of hate involved!? You see, these people overplay their hand atimes and leave clues behind as to their true identity! Remember when the Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria was kidnapped few months ago? He said his abductors were northerners with some speaking fluent Igbo! He said they showed him a pit reeking of death and said that’s where victims (we all know what the ethnicity of those victims are) who didn’t cooperate were dumped and he saw a very sharp machete with them…the one he said you only need to cut once ‘phiam’ and the head is off! These invading murderers into the south-east would now be murdering their victims so they don’t expose their identities as being northerners!

There’s only one set of people who delight in cutting off heads, and we all know who they are! You find them operating all over north, west and central Africa as well as in the middle-east, and the common thread that joins them all is their penchant for cutting off the heads of their victims!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by gidgiddy: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
Ojiofor:

This is a case of kidnapping for ransome, sonething that has been happening in ever part of Nigeria long before there was ESN

Suddenly, after the formation of ESN, every mischief maker out there wants to tag any kidnapper, armed robber and criminal in the South East as ESN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by IGBOSON1: 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
Trapnews:

Why are you defending Igbos blindly when there are videos of KANU instructing his senseless foot soldiers to carry out same act? Abeg gettat!

He’s not defending ‘blindly’ but is giving reasons for his position! One needs to ask why YOU want IPOB and Mazi Kanu implicated by all means, yet you don’t give any reason to back up your own position!

Can you provide evidence where Mazi Kanu told anyone to go out and target innocent individuals for beheading? Provide if any exists, let’s discuss it in context!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Behead Chris Ohizu, Imo LG Boss After Collecting ₦‎6M Ransom by Corrinthians(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
cry cry

If you at this stage still support IPOB or anything associated with it, or pretend not to onoy to go back to suppytgem after Pandora emphatically loses the election next month, then you're indeed a bastard with no hope of redemption and no right to procreation.

Pray for igboland. 😭😭😭😭

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Defeats Emeka Ojukwu Junior In His Ward At Nnewi / John Emeka Akude, The First Black Elected Member Cologne City Council In Germany / Abuja People Refused To Vote In Local Government Election In FCT (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.