Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? (8917 Views)

Wikileak Expose On President Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Can't Control His Wife, Patience- Wikileak's Report / Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by asha80(m): 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
Builder:

Our leaders in nigeria in whatever feild are senseless fools, why must they always tell the US ambassor their plans. i mean its like the USA runs Nigeria directly, what a stupiddd country this is

you can also add UK
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by woetooam4j: 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2011
Builder:

Our leaders in nigeria in whatever feild are senseless fools,  why must they always tell the US ambassor their plans. i mean its like the USA runs Nigeria directly, what a stupiddd country this is

The USG didnt even have to pay for the information. Freely available.

All the US ambassadors needed to do was pick up their calls. Thats all
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by goggs(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
kai kai kai! See treason of the highest order. The Americans didn't need to even fly in a spy! The information was BROUGHT in. Kai how easy cant it get. I imagine Ben Bernanke (US Federal Reserve Chairman) running to the british government complaining about ministers and telling all about how hillary and obama are pushing and pulling about healthcare reform!

This stinks. I admire SLS sometimes but this crosses the line!

Imagine the ambassador saying that the US was watching. Kai we are not independent yet
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by woetooam4j: 11:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
goggs:

kai kai kai! See treason of the highest order. The Americans didn't need to even fly in a spy! The information was BROUGHT in. Kai how easy cant it get. I imagine Ben Bernanke (US Federal Reserve Chairman) running to the british government complaining about ministers and telling all about how hillary and obama are pushing and pulling about healthcare reform!

Imagine the ambassador saying that the US was watching. Kai we are not independent yet

We got one from the Britikos, we are yet to BEG for our independence from the Americans

Buncha cowards, thats what we all are.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by asha80(m): 11:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
goggs:

so you thought nigeria has ever been independent?
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by emmatok(m): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2011
Builder:

Our leaders in nigeria in whatever feild are senseless fools, why must they always tell the US ambassor their plans. i mean its like the USA runs Nigeria directly, what a stupiddd country this is

The-same way SHELL and other Oil coys were busy bribing our SENATORS to kill the PIB.

Money and traveling documents are always used to lure our senseless leaders.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:33am On Sep 08, 2011
I think 'patriot' or 'traitor' are adjectives a bit too extreme to qualify him as a person. A common ground can be found midway between the two.

Dude needs to know when to keep his mouth shut, and when to talk. It seems he gets too emotional atimes, so much so that he opens his mouth before engaging his brain. He could learn a thing or two about comportment from Soludo.

The fools that have it in for Soludo on this thread can advice their idol Sanusi to either make known the dirt on Soludo (so we can all see if it's actionable in court), or shut the fu*ck up make persin hear word.

What i've seen so far as the 'smoking gun' amounts to giving a dog a bad name to hang it: nothing short of conjecture, guesswork and speculative drivel.

Sanusi said that Soludo must have known that the said banks were in crises going by the loans approved for them. Fair enough, but didn't Soludo say that this was the beginning of his attempt to deal with the problem, and that he had other measures in the pipleline b/4 his 5 year tenure came to an end and wasn't renewed. He had planned to deal with the problem with less of a media circus than has been the case thus far.

If Soludo can be accused of anything, it's taking his eye off the ball with respect to the CBN's oversighting of the banks, and if you guys and Sanusi think this is a criminal offence- SUE THE MAN and don't go behind his back and tell tales like an Amebo with an axe to grind.

A fool on here reeled off names of some Igbo sons and daughters (and for good measure, added Igbos yet unborn) shocked, as if worse hasn't come out from his neck of the woods.

Some peeps are incurable bigots and see everything through their tainted ethnic goggles. Sad!!! smiley
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by Builder: 12:35am On Sep 08, 2011
Disappointed. i honestly am ashamed of my great country Nigeria and her leaders, judges, politicians etc and their relationship with this woman Robin R. Sanders

former americna ambassador to Nigeria. u never read anything like this about ghana, which leads me to think nigeria is centuries away from colonisation and

civilisation. imagin yaradua, paying nigeria judges 57million dollars just uphold his election when 150million people are hungry, destitute and hopeless

if u ask me the way forward for nigeria, i will say its best for  nigerians sell nigeria and distribute the money amongst themselves so that everybody can

immigrate, and make the country into a giant massive zoo or a games reserve.

How could a country have soo much natural resources, yet sufffer immensely due to ignorance, selfishness, greediness and just plain stupidity, is this a black

thing and just a nigerian thing? RIP nigeria, not even jesus christ can wake nigeria up again from the dead
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by rasputinn(m): 12:36am On Sep 08, 2011
When will top government officials stop making fools of themselves before American diplomats??
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by asha80(m): 12:49am On Sep 08, 2011
Builder:

Disappointed. i honestly am ashamed of my great country Nigeria and her leaders, judges, politicians etc and their relationship with this woman Robin R. Sanders

former americna ambassador to Nigeria. u never read anything like this about ghana, which leads me to think nigeria is centuries away from colonisation and

civilisation. imagin yaradua, paying nigeria judges 57million dollars just uphold his election when 150million people are hungry, destitute and hopeless

if u ask me the way forward for nigeria, i will say its best for nigerians sell nigeria and distribute the money amongst themselves so that everybody can

[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

How could a country have soo much natural resources, yet sufffer immensely due to ignorance, selfishness, greediness and just plain stupidity, is this a black

thing and just a nigerian thing? RIP nigeria, not even jesus christ can wake nigeria up again from the dead

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by woetooam4j: 12:52am On Sep 08, 2011
Builder:

if u ask me the way forward for nigeria, i will say its best for nigerians sell nigeria and distribute the money amongst themselves so that everybody can

I like that!

I think it is best we allow these guys come rule us for another hundred years. I'd rather be a slave and enjoy the good things of life than be free and have nincompoops like Jonathan, Tinubu et al rule over me.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by otondo55: 1:09am On Sep 08, 2011
Well, I wont be surprised if Iweala is found to be just as corrupt after her time.

And Ibos wouldnt allow us rest on Soludo; he is this, that and best of whatever. Now air don blow, we don see the nyash of fowl

Like Madueke, like Okadigbo, like Ekwueme and all Ibos, including generations unborn, Soludo is a thief.

I just knew it. SMH.

@ woetooam4j
May God forgive you ! we shall see what your generation will turn to.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by otondo55: 1:15am On Sep 08, 2011
[size=24pt]
Sanusi told the Ambassador that the influence by these two would be okay if they had the ountry's best interests at heart, rather than their personal interests.   He described Tanimu Yakubu, Yar’Adua’s Chief Economic Advisor as "very corrupt but also a terrible economist."

The CBN boss also said that of Abba Ruma that although he was close to President Yar'Adua, the Agricultural Minister was also involved in corruption and did not want to see transparency in financial practices.
[/size]

What about this, why are you capitalizing on Soludo
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by otondo55: 1:28am On Sep 08, 2011
This Sanusi of a man must be a cheap article !

Who dont know when to talk and when to engage his brain to talk.

A diplomat of that sort, you opened your yarnch so wide like this for what favour ?

Sanusi for what favour ? she got it all for free abi ? whats the exchange ?
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by Thatdave(m): 1:40am On Sep 08, 2011
wetin concern cbn governor and a governorship aspirant? Sanusi had all this time to campaign against soludo? Someone who is through with an office and handed over to you. There must be a catch somewhere, When that cow was defending islamic banking all he was doing was soludo this soludo that soludo 35 places in sharia soludo 17 christians in sharia committee, soludo up soludo down. There must be a catch somewhere. He must be campaining for something. And the only way to keep himself in the headlines is soludo this soludo governor, soludo wikileaks, soludo money,solu. . .
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by EkoIle1: 1:48am On Sep 08, 2011
I really don't get this noise accusations about people spilling irrelevant and redundant secretes: what's so secrete to the US and the rest of the world about Nigeria and corruption? They know you way better than you know yourselves to start with.

They know who is stealing what and how much they have in their bank accounts: we see all the time how fast they freeze people's account when they act up, Egypt and Libya are good examples. It doesn't matter what you lie about, they know so the joke is on you. We need people to get the word out there about these crooks we call leaders.

There are a million and one criminals and criminal acts going down in our country that the average Nigerian is clueless about, but for some sad and painful reason, we cring and feel terrible when honest people expose these crooks or tell the truth.

Nigerians are really funny animals, we are so clueless, we don't even know what we want.

Many nigerians are just crooks and liars, even under pain and suffering, we still prefer lies, cover up and deception. The same will sit here every day and yell and cry about corruption, about the efcc incompetency and cover up , but shut their mouth, lie and look the other way.  How sad.

Our problems has always been lack of men with honesty, bravery and courage, many of us are just too weak and dishonest, we'll even lie to God.

In our backward and messed up world, honest people and  truth Sayers are traitors, but crooks, liars are heroes and patriots.

Ours is just a fcukkked up mentality, we are too criminally minded and lying and stealing is like drinking water.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by rhymz(m): 3:07am On Sep 08, 2011
Like seriously, was the Ambassador licking Sanusi's nuts and in his ecstacy he started reeling out like a playing tape.
This man has got to be the most talkative CBN governor ever.
Most of the gibberish he spewed were just speculative "if's" and "buts" no fact. If we decide to fast track from when he made this laughable studio album, produced and directed by Miss Sanda's, you will agree with me that he has not made any significant progress. It has been from one controversial reform to another with nothing positve to show for it.
He prolly was having credibilty problems when Sanda's grabbed his nuts. What a stooopid CBNG with no restraint each time he opens his mouth.
What a hypocit!!!
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by TenKobo1: 5:54am On Sep 08, 2011
Whereas i love this man and his guts, whereas the content of this discussion is frank, whereas i could sense a great deal of patroitism from his revelations, my shock is, why is every Nigerian public office holder rushing to tell-all to the US ambassador and for what good reasons? With all these revelations and more in the hands of the CIA, where lies the pride of our nation? Who in this universe can tell how many western nations these humans have spoken to aside the US ambassador? Above all, if men we consider strong and patroitic could spill so much, who knows what the feeble GEJ has told Obama and other senior US spies? With leaders like these does any embassy need to recruit and pay spies? Come lord Jesus and punish the gullible without mercy.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by BetaThings: 6:09am On Sep 08, 2011
rasputinn:

When will top government officials stop making fools of themselves before American diplomats??
It is a national affliction, right from the president down

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5652152-146/wikileaks_reveals_secret_talks_between_jonathan.csp

“I was not chosen to be vice president because I had good political experience. I did not. There were a lot more qualified people around to be vice president, but that does not mean I am not my own man,” he reportedly said.

He was quoted as saying “the military chiefs are making sure no politicians are reaching out to the rank-and-file, and encouraging the military to stay in the barracks so that the uncertain political situation does not generate coup-like behaviour emanating from the mid-ranks because of the confusion.”

The Ambassador also advised Mr. Jonathan to publicly demonstrate that he is not being directed or serving a political purpose for former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, so that his leadership would not be in question and the polity would accept that he had the best interest of the nation at heart.

“It is always hard to judge how some will behave (or surprise you) when leadership is unexpectedly thrown in their lap. The verdict is out on Jonathan and his previously underwhelming personality and performance need to keep us in the cautious lane, but so far, so good. Things are quiet,” Ms. Sanders was alleged to have said.

This is Akunyili

http://allafrica.com/stories/201109060826.html

The December 1, 2009 cable also quoted former information minister Professor Dora Akunyili as telling U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria Robin Sanders that the then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan was "symbolically in charge", but was afraid to exercise any authority.

She was quoted as telling the U.S. official that "the country is in a real mess as Yar'adua has been in and out of a comatose state since his arrival in Saudi, only coming out briefly afternoon of November 30, and since then he has been in a coma."

The report said when the Ambassador asked who was really running the day-to-day tasks of the country "as in the past it had unofficially been National Security Advisor Muktar and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), the former Information Minister admitted that this remained the case, but noted that Jonathan wanted to step into the light more, but was afraid to do so."
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by gists: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2011
Na wa oo. I still don't get the national secret that was let loose. Do you people prefer sanusi to cover these people up? Why do we prefer to cover up corruption and look the other way? A man has come out to say the obvious (as if it was hidden to the Americans in the first place) and you're here calling him a traitor. I guess we will still have more of GEJs to come in future. I ask again what is the secret. So saying Mr. X is corrupt and Mr. Y is weak and Mr. Z's actions needs to be further investigated is now a national security secret. This is very pathetic, what a shame sad sad sad
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by Kizilala: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2011
@Poster,u are just a piece of scum.Tribalistic bastard.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by Amacaco: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2011
What worries me about all these Wikileaks revealations is the way and manner public officers in this country open their mouth so wide and talk whatever comes to their mind to the US Ambassadors and foreign officials even on issues that border on our national security. Don't we have secrets in this country? Are they no laws controlling what public officers say to foreigners even over dinner, or lunch or cup of tea. i think they should be a check on this kind of freedom of speech.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by Garb: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
This Wikileads or what you call it, what is their motive behind all the information given out now but nothing else than disintegration of the country, therefore, nobody should take their revelation seriously.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by forkadict(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
gists:

Na wa oo. I still don't get the national secret that was let loose. Do you people prefer sanusi to cover these people up? Why do we prefer to cover up corruption and look the other way? A man has come out to say the obvious (as if it was hidden to the Americans in the first place) and you're here calling him a traitor. I guess we will still have more of GEJs to come in future. I ask again what is the secret. So saying Mr. X is corrupt and Mr. Y is weak and Mr. Z's actions needs to be further investigated is now a national security secret. This is very pathetic, what a shame sad sad sad

Guy me sef dey wonder o. I guess they don't know the true meaning of national security or national secret. I wonder if they went to school at all.

Besides, most of what Sanusi said are not news to me. Take for instance the Yakubu guy. He was about the major obstacle to Goodluck's steeping in as the acting president when yaradua was so ill. If he wasnt so close to Yaradua and wanted to protect both his and yaradua's interest, why would he prove an obstacle to Goodluck's acension from VP to acting Presido?Also, why do you think we now have a massive influx of abokis from the north to the south particularly Lagos in recent years? Just one reason. They do not farm anymore. Agriculture, particularly crop production is now hell. No fertilizers, no loans to the farmers, no provision of healthy seeds etc etc. The bas.tard minister is in Abuja, embezelling all the funds meant for such ends.

Now to the works and housing ministry not spending 80% of their budget. Is that a surprise? Well it aint. Cos the ministry gets a budget at the beginning of every year meant for rehabilitaion of federal roads across the country. How many of such roads get rehabilitated? all we see at best  is just sand filling of pot holes on federal roads.

Corruption, believe it or not is the most lucrative business in Nigeria of today. You only need to key into the right clique and you are made. GEJ being one of the most corrupt Nigerians we have right now. Such a person is the one Nigerians elected as President. We had the opportunity to elect a honest and incorruptible man as President. One who would tackle corruption head on and by example but we said he wasnt the right one to lead us. SHAME ON NIGERIA!!! OUR SUFFER JUST DEY START!!!!
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by pinkrex(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
fork adict:

Guy me sef dey wonder o. I guess they don't know the true meaning of national security or national secret. I wonder if they went to school at all.

Besides, most of what Sanusi said are not news to me. Take for instance the Yakubu guy. He was about the major obstacle to Goodluck's steeping in as the acting president when yaradua was so ill. If he wasnt so close to Yaradua and wanted to protect both his and yaradua's interest, why would he prove an obstacle to Goodluck's acension from VP to acting Presido?Also, why do you think we now have a massive influx of abokis from the north to the south particularly Lagos in recent years? Just one reason. They do not farm anymore. Agriculture, particularly crop production is now hell. No fertilizers, no loans to the farmers, no provision of healthy seeds etc etc. The bas.tard minister is in Abuja, embezelling all the funds meant for such ends.

Now to the works and housing ministry not spending 80% of their budget. Is that a surprise? Well it aint. Cos the ministry gets a budget at the beginning of every year meant for rehabilitaion of federal roads across the country. How many of such roads get rehabilitated? all we see at best  is just sand filling of pot holes on federal roads.

Corruption, believe it or not is the most lucrative business in Nigeria of today. You only need to key into the right clique and you are made. GEJ being one of the most corrupt Nigerians we have right now. Such a person is the one Nigerians elected as President. We had the opportunity to elect a honest and incorruptible man as President. One who would tackle corruption head on and by example but we said he wasnt the right one to lead us. SHAME ON NIGERIA!!! OUR SUFFER JUST DEY START!!!!

So an incorruptible man is the only drive we need from a president in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Besides Buhari has ruled us before, what is his report card?
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by marvix(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
What are people talking about national secret, so that he discussed with yaradua and Yaradua gave him all the support despite his indictment of a bank Yaradua has a stake in is national secret, that the Economic Adviser and Minister of Finance were not giving proper advice to the president is a secret, that he wanted Yaradua to be cautious with his support for Soludo because of what he might be involved in while a CBN governor has become a national secret, that the PIB should have been a Ministry of Finance battle instead of a Ministry of Petroleum battle in his own opinion is a national secret.

Do people on this forum have an idea what kind of man Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is, a man who was nominated for CBN gov by the president and when he was been screened for the appointment told the natioanl assembly members that he thinks the 7point agenda of Mr President is a waste of time and d President should focus on one agenda, a man whos job can be terminated by the NASS and yet went public with information that the NASS consumes 25% of the FG overhead expenses and when he was called upon to retract and apologise he offered to resign, a man who went to a friends book launch as the book reviewer and tokk the book to the cleaners.

I know people who know Sanusi personally, if any of us were opprtuned to have lunch in his house or your own house he would tell you even more, he would tell you challenges he experiences on his job, its an off hand thing he knows when to definitely keep shut but he can tell you hsi plans, he has nothing to hide, he told PHCN MD that he had very weak administrators and this was why they can not access all their approved funds in the CBN despite the fact that they need it, this was why Yaraduas govt was called a go slow govt, because money was not just released anyhow, whatever paper had to be produced must be produced if u like fake it but u must produce it.

Sanusi is an upright man and that is what this expose has shown for those of u lamenting about natioanl secrets I pray you tell me one natioanl secret in his discussion with the US ambassador!!!
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by ow11(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
In a pile of rubbish public officials, it is heart warming to see upright ones like Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. It is a shame that they are in the minority whilst Nigerian leaders are selling their children's future for choice houses in the west and the followers are killing each other in the name of tribal affiliation, the WEST are strategically securing the future of their children and the strength of their economy.

Ms Saunders is the mama to all Nigerian politicians. They go and cry at her table and rat each other out, she consoles them and takes away any sense of pride they and the rest of us as Nigerians have. The buffoons still continue as usual! cry
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by hercules07: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
Marvix may your days be long, I do not know what is secret about what Sanusi has said, it is called talking shop, they were discussing stuff, it is normal for these type of discussions to take place, even in advanced countries.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by pinkrex(m): 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
When a statement is being made to qualify or bring justice then its no secret.

BTW, why are these cables being released in a hurry unlike before? undecided
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by hercules07: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
@pink

If you need Buhari's scorecard, Google is your friend, hope you are aware that he was involved in building two refineries, you can also ask Jarus to help u with Buharinomics.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by jovoodoo(m): 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2011
woetooam4j

So Soludo is a thief?

Well, I wont be surprised if Iweala is found to be just as corrupt after her time.

And Ibos wouldnt allow us rest on Soludo; he is this, that and best of whatever. Now air don blow, we don see the nyash of fowl

Like Madueke, like Okadigbo, like Ekwueme and all Ibos, including generations unborn, Soludo is a thief.

Every day i go to sleep  i pray that  imbeciles like you will be the victims of boko haram's violence and not the innocents being slaughtered daily angry angry angry

If sanusi has anything on Soludo let him have the guts to bring it to the fore or else he should shut the yap!!!  This sucking up to the yankees is really pathetic!!! The trials of bank executives have been going on for a while now and yet i am yet to hear of any case against soludo.

He can't and will never measure up to Soludo. If Soludo was corrupt believe me his crimescapades would have been the first to show up on the wikileaks cables.

So woetooam4j if you have nothing positive to contribute go suck on a dick or sumfin, and that will be one less intellectual misfit on nairaland.
Re: Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? by pinkrex(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
hercules07:

@pink

If you need Buhari's scorecard, Google is your friend, hope you are aware that he was involved in building two refineries, you can also ask Jarus to help u with Buharinomics.

What do I need it for? BTW are you qualifying him to be better off Jonathan? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP / Edo 2016: APGA Wants Election Postponed again As Labour Candidate Laments / Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.