Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census (7292 Views)

Shehu Sani's Prayer For Nigeria's 2023 Census / 2023 Census To Begin May 3 - FG / SWAT Begins Training Of 400 Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION

PRESS RELEASE

NPC COMMENCES TRAINING OF FUNCTIONARIES FOR THE 2023 POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS

In preparation for the conduct of the 2023 Population and Housing Census scheduled to begin from 29th March to 2nd April 2023, the National Population Commission has commenced the training of functionaries for the exercise in all states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) from Monday, 23rd January 2023.

The training which is being organized in stages started with the training of Census Specialized Workforce (CSW) and facilitators who will in turn train enumerators, supervisors, field coordinators, data quality assistants and data quality managers. The training includes self-learning study, online training with monitored simulated hands-on and in-person classroom and hands-on trainings.

The functionaries are to be trained on census forms, census applications, data capturing processes, interpersonal communication, and basic troubleshooting of Computer Assisted Personal Interview (CAPI). Other focus topics during the training include dispute resolution and basic use of excel.

To ensure that the data collected are of high quality, the Commission has recruited and trained Data Quality Managers and Data Quality Assistants on the deployment of maps, data validation and monitoring of the census dashboard.

The total number of functionaries to be trained and deployed for the 2023 Census is 786,741 consisting of 623,797 enumerators, 125,944 supervisors, 24,001 Data Quality Assistants, 12,000 Field Coordinators, 1,000 Data Quality Managers, 1639 Training Centre Administrators and 59,000 LGA level facilitators.

The Commission calls on all stakeholders to support it to conduct the census successfully.

Isiaka Yahaya, Ph.D
Director, Public Affairs
23rd January 2023

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/100069230198933/posts/499735159010820

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2023
All those that SUCCESSFULLY applied as any of the functionaries in the various states and the APC must have gotten their messages by now.

If your application was “SUCCESSFUL,” but you have not gotten any messages yet,, then you need to send them a message on Facebook, telling them that you didn't receive any messages, and then, include your Registration i.d-number, your name, and your State.

(They are good enough to be responding to people’s messages on Facebook.)

It is now up to them to tell you what exactly that went wrong with your application..

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
tk4radi:

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/100069230198933/posts/499735159010820

Sheey na TODAY sef be the 23rd January, 2023 sef.??

And it was around 6:00pm in the evening that they released this message ooo...

ONE DAY OF THE TRAINING DON ALREADY PASS BE THAT OOO..
FOR THOSE WEY NO GET THE MESSAGE, START ASKING QUESTIONS VERY QUICKLY OOO..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by seeyounow: 11:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
ojoro
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:00am On Jan 24, 2023
This nonsense census is another avenue to siphon money and a complete waste of money. How does this add to our economy?

Do we need such waste at this time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by AntiChristian: 5:00am On Jan 24, 2023
Hmm
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by seeyounow: 5:00am On Jan 24, 2023
embarassed embarassed
zoming into 4000meter from satellite

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tunwumi: 5:00am On Jan 24, 2023
Ok ooo
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by seeyounow: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by SmartPolician: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2023
It still doesn't make any sense to me why we are budgeting billions of naira on headcounts when we have BVN, NIN, and PVCs.

Can't we synchronise this data, get people below 18 to register for NIN and get our actual population in this country?

Why do we always look for avenues to waste money in a country where 133 million people live in multidimensional penury? undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:02am On Jan 24, 2023
I don't want complain that they didn't pay you..

Children have birth certificates, yet they wanna count per head. so they can include Chad and Niger..

Okay oo

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by NDSMELODY(m): 5:06am On Jan 24, 2023
Hi everyone, I applied as an enumerator and till now my status have not been approved what could be the problem ??
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:07am On Jan 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
This nonsense census is another avenue to siphon money and a complete waste of money. How does this add to our economy?

Do we need such waste at this time?

It doesn't directly add to the Economy true true..

But in Reality, Censuses help in the PROPER PLANNING OF THE ECONOMY..

So, stop asking what it adds.
It doesn't add.
It helps in the proper planning of the ones we already have.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:11am On Jan 24, 2023
SmartPolician:
It still doesn't make any sense to me why we are budgeting billions of naira on headcounts when we have BVN, NIN, and PVCs.

Can't we synchronise this data, get people below 18 to register for NIN and get our actual population in this country?

Why do we always look for avenues to waste money in a country where 133 million people live in multidimensional penury? undecided
The BVN and NIN and PVCs cannot provide the demographic details as well as the migratory details of the Population..

The Census is going to take into consideration, the Place of Origin and the Place of Permanent Residence of Citizens, as well as the reasons for the migration.
It will also count houses, and and take note of their types, sizes, and functions.
Thus, this particular Census is also going to expose the number of unoccupied houses in Nigeria..

As for the 133 million people...
What if the result of this Census comes out, and the value changed.?
With this Census, we want to be quoting the correct figures -- going forward.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:16am On Jan 24, 2023

DUE TO THE TYPE OF DATA THAT IS GOING TO BE COLLECTED DURING THE CENSUS, IT IS BEST THAT CITIZENS STAY AT THEIR PLACES OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR THE CENSUS..
THERE IS NO NEED TRAVELLING TO YOUR PLACE OF ORIGIN, SINCE THE CENSUS WILL GET THE INFORMATION FROM YOU DURING THE COUNT, AND ALSO THE REASON WHY YOU ARE NOW PERMANENTLY BASED IN THE NEW LOCATION.

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:21am On Jan 24, 2023
tk4radi:

It doesn't add.

Hahaha I laugh ooo. Census that will never come out with a statistically correct data.
Chai, please go back to history and tell me any Nigerian census that have helped planning.

People simply want to create an avenue to steal money simple.

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:21am On Jan 24, 2023
seeyounow:
ojoro
You Sef..
seeyounow:
cool
You follow for the Facilitators.??
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:23am On Jan 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Hahaha
At least, now you know..

Let us allow Buhari to eat this final money peacefully..

Since he is still promising to try his best..
(when he has only FOUR MONTHS left out of 8-full-years.)
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:31am On Jan 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Hahaha I laugh ooo. Census that will never come out with a statistically correct data.
Chai, please go back to history and tell me any Nigerian census that have helped planning.

People simply want to create an avenue to steal money simple.
You know that the allocations to states are never equal, and they are not based on land-size.
They are based on population.

And the population data we are using in Nigeria is an interpolation and intrapolation (that is, a holistic combination) of the data from all the former Censuses that had been conducted (whether their data were statistically correct or not).

Now, tell me, the prior “sharing” of the various allocations before the disbursement, is that not enough to be known as “PLANNING”.??

As for your last line, nobody is disputing that.
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by Toneypen247(m): 5:36am On Jan 24, 2023
Hmmn
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by azikiweironsi(m): 5:42am On Jan 24, 2023
tk4radi:
You know that the allocations to states are never equal, and they are not based on land-size.

They are based on population.
And the population data we are using in Nigeria is a interpolation and intrapolation (that is, a holistic combination) of the data from all the former Censuses that had been conducted (whether their data were statistically correct or not).

Now, tell me, the prior “sharing” of the various allocations before the disbursement, is that not enough to be known as “PLANNING”.??

As for your last line, nobody is disputing that.

Why are you wasting your time on people that continue to show their ignorance on social media ?
This is exactly what they are saying before not having any truist in an electioneering in Nigeria. Because of that, most of them do not have PVC.
They sit back until the riftraff are elected as leaders and later complain the country is bad.

2 Likes

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by pat077: 5:47am On Jan 24, 2023
tk4radi:

It doesn't add.

the previous ones that were done, how did it help our economy? This is just an avenue for them to cash out b4 this administration hand over in May.

2 Likes

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 5:52am On Jan 24, 2023
pat077:
the previous ones that were done, how did it help our economy? This is just an avenue for them to cash out b4 this administration hand over in May.
Unfortunately for you and me,, those previous ones they did were what the government is using to plan the economy..
And that's what the other countries and the international community is relying upon in doing anything with Nigeria as a PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by Mindlog: 5:52am On Jan 24, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
I don't want complain that they didn't pay you oo..

They have our NIM,Voters card and BVN,yet they want to count per head.. Children have birth certificates, yet they wanna count per head. so they can include Chad and Niger..

Okay oo

Millions of Nigerian children do not have birth certificates.

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by Esales(m): 5:58am On Jan 24, 2023
Census and election in one year. 2023 is a very key year in the future of Nigeria.
Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:00am On Jan 24, 2023
Ok
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by Shawlambivert(m): 6:08am On Jan 24, 2023
Very true
tk4radi:
Unfortunately for you and me,, those previous ones they did were what the government is using to plan the economy..
And that's what the other countries and the international community is relying upon in doing anything with Nigeria as a PEOPLE.
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by onuman: 6:16am On Jan 24, 2023
President Buhari's Census to produce figures like arid north harboring 5 times the population of rain forest/clement south of Nigeria. Only in Nigeria where hot arid zone contains more population than cool and clement rain forest zone.
Why was Census not conducted in 2016 when Census was due when an Igbo man was Chairman of National Population Commission?

1 Like

Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by Princeton92(m): 6:31am On Jan 24, 2023
I never receive any notification from them ooh
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by Allisgud: 6:31am On Jan 24, 2023
SmartPolician:

how can u get exact number through in and bvn,I don't think u have ever experienced census before or u just want to talk,census is an activity where by everybody will be counted even with a baby who was born today in every compound room,does a one year have nin bvn
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by SmartPolician: 6:42am On Jan 24, 2023
Allisgud:
how can u get exact number through in and bvn,I don't think u have ever experienced census before or u just want to talk,census is an activity where by everybody will be counted even with a baby who was born today in every compound room,does a one year have nin bvn

First, you didn't even understand what I wrote.

BTW, how do newborn babies get international passports when their parents want to leave the country with them? Do you think they don't get passport before getting on a plane? Think again.

The only reason we should have this census, like a more reasonable person responded, is for us to know the number of households and unoccupied houses in the country with their locations. Everything else is in NIN, PVC and BVN.

Asking parents to bring their children below 18 years for registration + the number of already registered people is enough to know the actual population of this country - that's exactly what I wrote there.

@tk4radi, thanks for the beautiful response
Re: NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census by tk4radi: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2023
SmartPolician:

First, you didn't even understand what I wrote.

BTW, how do newborn babies get international passports when their parents want to leave the country with them? Do you think they don't get passport before getting on a plane? Think again.

The only reason we should have this census, like a more reasonable person responded, is for us to know the number of households and unoccupied houses in the country with their locations. Everything else is in NIN, PVC and BVN.

Asking parents to bring their children below 18 years for registration + the number of already registered people is enough to know the actual population of this country - that's exactly what I wrote there.
In reality every new-born-baby is supposed to be enrolled on the NIN Platform (according to the NIMC Establishment Act)..
(But the NIMC is not doing that)..
Thus, as NPC takes the “Records” of the number of childbirths and deaths, the NPC is supposed to enroll the same child into the identity database of the country (that is the NIN-Database), so that the country will officially count the baby as a citizen. (Or a baby born to international residents as the case may be)..
But like I said earlier,, the NIMC are not doing their part with regards to newly-born-babies in the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar'adua's Mobile Ambulance Arrives / Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard / Explosion In Galadima Kogo Community Of Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.