Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

New Nysc Dg Assumes Office - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / New Nysc Dg Assumes Office (1523 Views)

Finally The New NYSC DG Did It!!! Congrats 16A / Pictures Of New NYSC Certificates / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

New Nysc Dg Assumes Office by itiswell1(m): 7:20am On Sep 07, 2011
The new Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. General Nnamdi Okorie-Affia, assumed duty on Tuesday as the 15th chief executive of the 38-year-old body.

Okorie-Affia took over the mantle of leadership from Brig-General Maharazu Tsiga who is proceeding on retirement.

At a brief ceremony held at the National Headquarters of the NYSC, the new DG assured the management and members of staff of the corps of his commitment to building on the successes of his predecessor.

Earlier, the out-going DG, said he was happy that he was leaving behind well motivated members of staff and corps members who were ready to contribute their quota to national development.

He said his two years and eight months tenure recorded modest achievements including the pivotal role played by corps members in the success of the voter registration as well as the 2011 general elections.

He said, “Looking back at the last two years and eight months, I am delighted to note with satisfaction some of the modest achievements recorded in the period of my administration as director-general to successful participation of corps members and NYSC staff in the conduct of the 2011 general elections widely acclaimed to be credible, free and fair.”

He also mentioned the upward review of the monthly allowance of corps members from N9,725 to N19,800.

Tsiga also appealed to members of staff of the NYSC to extend the support and corporation he enjoyed to his successor, whom he described as an experienced soldier who had all it takes to take the corps to greater heights.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109074411228
Re: New Nysc Dg Assumes Office by manakeagie: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2011
It Is Well Thank you so much for this Information , i have not been aware of this i should visit that site more often to get updated ,

(1)

How Can One Become The Platoon Leader? / Brutality At Benue Camp: 21 Faint Due To 2 Hours Punishment / 5 Things You Should Never Do If You Want A Job After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.