Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? (25958 Views)

Finally The New NYSC DG Did It!!! Congrats 16A / Pictures Of New NYSC Certificates / A New Nysc Director General Appointed: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2012
A new nysc posting policy approved by the FG stated that starting from 2012 batch A,corpers would be posted to only four sectors;agriculture,education,health and infrastructure.From all i have been hearing,the policy seem to be working perfectly.but i wuld still love batch A corpers on NL to share were they were posted and anyone who knows of any exceptions.thanks
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2012
Was surprised to see this policy being implemented, at first I thought it was just another agbada rascal ranting, how wrong I was.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Pharoh: 10:54am On Mar 30, 2012
This is a good policy and they should include military service to the categories too and maybe people should serve before going for any higher institution of learning and it should be reduced to six months.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Andoni: 10:55am On Mar 30, 2012
It is not policy that is our problem,what is the FG doing to reduce unemployment in naija

3 Likes

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by oradee: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2012
so r they trying to say that NNPC and CBN and etc dont have a single Uniformed corper serving there?
Or wld they become ghost corpers while doing their service in these places (just giving them ideas wink wink)...Thank me lerra!!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by gegee(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2012
no corpers for NNPC O i was surprised
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 30, 2012
I was expecting cop members to flock our office(one of the govt. parastatals), roaming and peeping every office they pass-by as usuall last teusday but didnt. I was even moved to call a friend attached to this batch A to ascertain wether they actually did leave camp same day and the asnwer was positive. That was when i know that the policy may have been arguably implemented to the letter cos previously even those not posted to our establishment do end up serving here(long legs and high connections is the key) while majority eligibly posted are denied service cos they have no Abraham in father(an injustivce that torments my soul). Wishing this policy lasts!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by samolay(m): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2012
We should not also forget that service year is going to end
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Funkymallam(m): 11:19am On Mar 30, 2012
Very good one, @ last a gud policy is being implemented.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by ismhab(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2012
I'm currently posted to CBN thanks to my long leg, thanks to my uncle SLS.

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by fleps(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2012
Now dis policy is very very unfair to Batch A. I dnt know of oda states, but in Delta state the rate of rejection is 80% and counting... For Sapele, almost everybody was rjected. Nt up to 10 came to d secretariat for clearance n claimed aceptance either due to lack of acomodation or outright rejection. What bout Asaba? The same story lingers. Infact d news is dat the rjection was so much dat some wil have to be redeployed back to camp community, Isele ukwu (or watever its called). Am typing dis now at d general CDs meeting n d ZI just said any1 who wants to be reposted to d oil, chemical company or banks should come to do so. And its open to ONLY BATCH B & C. Such injustice!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 30, 2012
fleps: Now dis policy is very very unfair to Batch A. I dnt know of oda states, but in Delta state the rate of rejection is 80% and counting... For Sapele, almost everybody was rjected. Nt up to 10 came to d secretariat for clearance n claimed aceptance either due to lack of acomodation or outright rejection. What bout Asaba? The same story lingers. Infact d news is dat the rjection was so much dat some wil have to be redeployed back to camp community, Isele ukwu (or watever its called). Am typing dis now at d general CDs meeting n d ZI just said any1 who wants to be reposted to d oil, chemical company or banks should come to do so. And its open to ONLY BATCH B & C. Such injustice!

Can understand your frustration but the policy have to be implemented someday. Its only unfortunate that it came during your set. My prayer its that all of you gets a better job/creates one after your service.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by chuks49(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2012
ismhab: I'm currently posted to CBN thanks to my long leg, thanks to my uncle SLS.

Sure your uncle will need your service to carry out jihad in CBN.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Afam4eva(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2012
Pharoh: This is a good policy and they should include military service to the categories too and maybe people should serve before going for any higher institution of learning and it should be reduced to six months.

This is a great idea. I think NYSC should consider it.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by joelala(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2012
sounds like bullshit to me. nysc should be scrapped totally, and if not corpers should be allow to serve in their various states where they understand the terrain and environment perfectly well irrespective of where they were posted. rather than posting them to strange environment and exposing them to accidents and terrorist attack.

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Machini(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2012
Wow! And i thought they were joking.

1 Like

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Afam4eva(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2012
joelala: sounds like bullshit to me. nysc should be scrapped totally, and if not corpers should be allow to serve in their various states where they understand the terrain and environment perfectly well irrespective of where they were posted. rather than posting them to strange environment and exposing them to accidents and terrorist attack.

You have a point. I see no reason why someone from Oji river in Enugu state should be posted to maduguri in Borno state where he/she no nothing about. people should be posted to their immediate environment(local governments) to serve.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by slimming: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2012
Some of these location are filled up already with Batch C & B.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by AZeD1(m): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2012
The policy makes no sense at all.... You can force a horse to the stream but you can't force the horse to drink water. Similarly you can post corpers to schools but you can't force them to be good teachers.

2 Likes

Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by stepo707: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2012
what of lagos corpers?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Afam4eva(m): 11:57am On Mar 30, 2012
stepo707: what of lagos corpers?

Is lagos not in Nigeria?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by MsRola: 11:57am On Mar 30, 2012
Its sad that d NYSC policy was fully implemented without carefully thinking about it,rejection rates for Batch A corp members is about 80% both in Lagos and Ogun. All these 4 sectors r equally filled.
IMO I feel d govt should have carefully shared the postings btw d public sector and private sector, let's say 70%-30%,with d public sector taking d larger share. As it is now Batch A corpers r stranded..
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by sammbudy(m): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2012
fleps: Now dis policy is very very unfair to Batch A. I dnt know of oda states, but in Delta state the rate of rejection is 80% and counting... For Sapele, almost everybody was rjected. Nt up to 10 came to d secretariat for clearance n claimed aceptance either due to lack of acomodation or outright rejection. What bout Asaba? The same story lingers. Infact d news is dat the rjection was so much dat some wil have to be redeployed back to camp community, Isele ukwu (or watever its called). Am typing dis now at d general CDs meeting n d ZI just said any1 who wants to be reposted to d oil, chemical company or banks should come to do so. And its open to ONLY BATCH B & C. Such injustice!
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by sammbudy(m): 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
.this is §ø §ø true.am serving ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ delta state batchA ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ asaba.the amount of rejection due to lack of accommodation is §ø §ø high.
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Super1759: 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2012
Am serving in kogi.I thought it was play until we got our letters,every 1 into classroom,even private school have corpers now.I hav no option than to accept it
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2012
ismhab: I'm currently posted to CBN thanks to my long leg, thanks to my uncle SLS.
.u re d first to say sumtin different.ur leg is rili long
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nwogbe: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2012
tHE TERM Infrastructure is too broad. It comprises delivery of services such as power,water telecom,transportation,roads just to mentioned a few. My question now is if a corp member is posted to the ministry of water resource or info & communication does its still falls under the armpit of the four sections u mentioned above?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by flairlady(f): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2012
.dis bad?i wonder hw it wuld b 4 us coming up batch B
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by muyoto: 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
so no more bank jobs?
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2012
The policy was followed only in part. Corps members should have being posted to four sectors but education got 95% of the postings. So bad everyone got schools. As an engr i thought i would be posted to the infrastructure sector but now am gonna teach for a year in a private school. Which experience would i get. The story is now TO SERVE NIGERIA IS NOW BY FORCE......
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by oradee: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
muyoto: so no more bank jobs?

Agric bank my dear friend... grin grin grin
Re: Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? by muyoto: 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2012
oradee:

Agric bank my dear friend... grin grin grin

LOL! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos / Batch B NYSC Mobilization Time-Table 2017 / Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.