Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable (526 Views)

Many Anambrarians In The Last 8yrs Have Permanently Returned Home / Labour Party Election Song For Peter Obi By CAMPO (Video, Pics) / Akin Alabi: Obi Cubana Has A Traceable & Verifiable Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2023
chuksikem:
What exactly is peter obi doing in Anambra state? angry angry

Am confused to say the least, please someone should tell me because the anambra i visited has degenerated so much, cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2023
MrGlobe:
Nothing exactly my brother. I posted a thread earlier comparing him with Theodore orji of Abia state and everybody agreed he is worse. I went to Awka the capital and it was an eyesore. No roads, no planning, no infrastructure etc. There is absolutely no govt in anambra state.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2023
chuksikem:
Was in awka some days back ,its really shameful, my heart bleeds for my state, from amansea to awka is still the same, pothole riddled roads,non-functioning street lights,refuse littering the entire state capital from arroma junction down to Ziks avenue, ,arthur eze,unizik junction,court road,udoka housing estate etc are still the same, no changes at all, the state capital still looks like a glorified village, angry

Civil servants and pensioners are been owed [b]3MONTHS [/b]salary, so many abandoned projects yet the woman sounding governor is always in abuja 24/7.

Please peter obi's handlers on nl should please enlighten us, angry angry

A state that has the highest number of successful human beings in the entire black nation, it hurts, cry cry

Wish soludo had won , undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2023
chuksikem:

We are all passionate about our state regardless of where we live, am just concerned as a bona fide citizen of Anambra and i wish only the best for her, cool cool

I spent [b]22[/b]years of my life in that glorious state,my Mum stays in the state till date ,so i know what am talking about, the state is not getting the attention it deserves, i challenge anybody to prove me wrong. undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2023
PROUDIGBO:

^^^Inasmuch as there have been concerted efforts over the decades by the Bastards that've controlled gov't at the centre to deny Ndigbo an enabling economic environment that will give us the tools to develop and improve our lot, i'm of the opinion that -the pitfalls and diabolical scheming notwithstanding- we ought have progressed far better in all indices than is presently the case.

What we as a people have done is to rest on our battered oars, and be content with progressing at a pace dictated by the centre: a centre that until recently didn't give two shi*ts about tapping into the relative strengths of the human and material resources that abound in the region. I'm no Nostradamus but i can tell you for nothing that this nonsense WILL CONTINUE for as long as we collectively refuse to take our destiny in our hands, and chart a developmental course driven, managed and funded mainly by Ndigbo at home and in diaspora.

We have not been too bright (putting it mildly) in electing Sons/Daughters into public office that have the vision, zeal and mental capacity to take their respective constituencies to a higher enviable level. Of the five states in the South East, i can honestly say (and i'm entitled to my opinion) that i have a positive feeling for the state leadership in only two (Imo and Enugu), and i'm sure any nuetral observer will agree with me. The rest states just seem to have clueless gov'ts that haven't got the faintest idea how to manage and bring out the best in their people/resources. They seem to have no vision on where to take their states and it seems they ran for office just to be called 'Your Excellency'.

Also, our representatives in Assembly and Federal Gov't seem to be there just for what they can get out it, and it seems they're afraid to take the President to task on promises yet unfulfilled: like the Onitsha River Port that we were told would be commissioned in Oct' last year. Yet you hear of private and gov't projects being planned and commissioned almost on a fortnightly basis in other regions.

One of our problems seems to be the fact we don't have a 'leader'; someone that can knock heads together, tell it as it is and get things done; someone that would enable us think and speak with one voice, with everyone pulling in one direction.

Oh well!!! God dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2023
chuksikem:

u hv said it all, sentiments played a major role whenever we elect our leaders, Obi is a monumental failure in all aspect, am sorry to say but its true, God bless our state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
ifyalways:
Peter Obi can best be described as a curse and bad omen to Anambarians.

When would his tenure evem expire?Oh jees,what a wicked,visionless man.

forkadict:
THE FORKING THING I DONT UNDERSTAND IS DURING THE FIRST TENURE, HE GOT INTO OFFICE THROUGH THE COURTS. BEFORE THEN, NGIGE WAS GOVERNOR AND ACCORDING TO PEOPLE'S ACCOUNTS (COS I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ANAMBRA) NGIGE HAD SOME ACHIEVEMENTS. OBI WASTED ANAMBRAN'S TIME AND RECOURCES DURING HIS FIRST TENURE AND YET THEY VOTED HIM IN FOR A SECOND TENURE?!

SMH FOR ANAMBRIANS.

1 Like

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Emmanuella00(f): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
One love 😊
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Cherish233: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Propaganda
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
SamMilla1:
Coincidentally, i asked myself the same question while driving back from Enugu to Onitsha this afternoon, 'what exactly is peter obi doing in anambra state'. I always divert at abba junction on my way from enugu and drove through a smooth single lane road constructed by ngige all the way nkpor and then down to obosi and awada where i stay. All the good roads in the whole state were constructed by ngige before they court-pulled him down and installed a greedy business man. Now his grand beer and malt are booming. While his state is deoriating.

1 Like

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by worldTina(f): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hmmm..
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
worldTina:
Hmmm..

siobahn:
He's a media governor that blows his own trumpet even when it's obvious that he hasn't done anything, puts up billboard that he's the best governor in the country. Useless man! When i visited Awka, i wept cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
Cherish233:
Propaganda

Emperoh:
While i agree with most of you that Anambra has dwindled in governance fortunes since 2011
when he got his second tenure, i totally disagree that Obi is a monumental failure.

let me state here that i hold no brief for the Governor or any of his cronies, but i know the difference
between the different tenures i witness since 1999

What is happening to Obi is tantamount to my initial believe and one which i share with a close cousin that Second tenure
bred impunity. . . .check all the governors in their last lap and tell me if any story that is different.
Unfortunately, i was among those clamouring for Obi's return after an impressive run out in his first term (pls these are my opinion). To some extent, we felt a feeling of governance with things being done as at and when due. Our roads continued the upward movement that Chris Ngige initiated and other aspects of governance receiving adequate attention when needed. We had workers who were paid albeit lowly, timely payment of pension to retired worker and our debt profile coming to a very low level.

But the man is gradually quashing his own achievements with his ambition. I wonder whether getting in touch
with government at the centre really guarantees anyone anything. But his constant hobnobbing with the PDP government may have triggered the transfer of the PDP disease to Peter Obi. I had thought that with his experience with the PDP government during the fight of his life for his tenure, Mr. Obi would have distanced himself from any relationship with the PDP government at the centre.

I had expected a governor who would build on his legal success and build something out of the APGA government.
But lo, it's one internal fight after the other. Snatching tickets meant for his APGA loyalists and handing them over to PDP decampees. Imagine the likes of Chuma Nzeribe and Uche Ekwunife in APGA!!!

But these are not really where my problem lies. It is with the inability of the governor to think creatively and exit that straight-jacketed manner of thinking; in terms of doing what the law says government should. But rather look beyond the normal and harness the budding human resources in the state to its benefit. We have the most successful set of people in black Africa and i can imagine the number who are yet to be discovered. It is not enough for government to build roads, rehabilitate schools, provide healthcare and basic infrastructure. . . . .what about those policies and laws that can stimulate the states resources? Even in the area of infrastructure, i can hardly find any Federal project Mr. Obi's government has embarked upon. This is despite his rapport with Aso Rock. Where then is the benefit of his relationship with the President. Yes we boast about the best road network in the South East but the entrance to our state from Enugu and Onitsha leaves a lot to be desired. The Asaba end of the highway is a Federal Road; it was done by the Delta State government. Why can't Mr. Obi replicate same and retrieve his money from Abuja; since he is close to them and Mr. Ngige did the same.
It is totally disheartening to see that this is a failure that will be self inflicted. Posterity would have held him in high regard if he had kept up with the first term momentum but trust leaders to grow a whole new identity when they become the Lord of the manor.
But what I totally disagree with is that Obi is a failure as a Governor. He did quite well in the first continuing from where Chris Ngige stopped
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
Coenvict:
Peter is d worst governor n history so far as am conscine, can imagine ANSU payn such ransome as skul fee hw wil even d average man pay such ransome dat man is very wicked nd I can tell him dat his death is comin soon. It going to 8yrs of his tenure yet LGA electn hav not been conducted while he at his campagn n his 1st tenure to conduct dat witin 3months if electd, no road no water no light no infractructure no develpmnt bcus of 1 man been so selfish decievn d peopl wit propaganda. All my hope now is on Ngige wen he wil com 4 d gov seat.
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by odduduwa: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
But you are from osun state , how come you knew all these

1 Like

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
chuksikem:

i doubt bro, methinks soludo should give the governorship another shot, he will definitely win this time around PDP or no PDP our eyes are now open.

the thing tire meooooooooo, shocked shocked.you won't borrow while states like lagos ,rivers etc that get good money from FAAC acct and IGR borrow every time to finance huge developmental projects, the woman sounding governor is just too dumb for my liking. grin grin

No bro, ajah's cool, the storm was not that bad in graceland, buzz me when you are around, we can gist over a bottle of beer you know, nwanne di n''mba, lol cool cool

Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by sleek214(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Obi is a scam
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Ttalk: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Obidients will flee this thread
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ttalk:
Obidients will flee this thread

Like ants flee fire
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by Kewtt: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Obidients let's tackle
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by fredoooooo: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
They won't come out and talk ,it's Tinunu that kee their mama and papa .. awon omo ale omo irankiran cheesy grin
Re: Overview Of Peter Obi By Real Anambrarians..... Verifiable by owobokiri(m): 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kewtt:
Obidients let's tackle

I have not seen my legendary post!
Or you forgot to add it?

(1) (Reply)

Why Sultan Of Sokoto Shelved Trip To Receive Peter Obi At Palace / You Don’t Need To Be “spirit-filled”Christian To Know The APC Is A Demonic Party / N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.