Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi (6525 Views)

Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? / GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru / El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Kizilala: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2011
[size=13pt]Terrorism here to stay, says Azazi, NSA[/size]
On September 7, 2011 ·

National Security Adviser, Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi said yesterday that the nation’s  security outfits were caught unawares by the new dimension introduced by Boko Haram sect, declaring that terrorism has come to stay.

Gen. Azazi who briefed an emergency meeting of the National Council of State yesterday, attributed the inability of the government to arrest rising spate of terrorist acts to lack of preparedness on the part of security operatives, despite the fact that the activities of the sect started in Nigeria over 15 years ago.

He warned that unless adequate arrangements were put in place in terms of training and retraining of security operatives on modern security management that is technology based, and provision of modern equipment, there might not be an end to the growing insecurity across the country, saying that [size=13pt]“terrorism has come to stay”[/size].

The NCS meeting which was presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan, had in attendance three former Heads of State including Alhaji Shehu Shagari, President Olusegun Obasanjo and General Abubakar Abdulsalami; the Senate President, Speaker of House of Representatives, Attorney-General of the Federation, serving and former Chief Justices of the Nigeria; the 36 governors and the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

The NSA who was accompanied by the governors of Benue, Hon. Gabriel Suswan, Jigawa, Alhaji Sule Lamido, and that of Cross River, Senator Lyel Imoke, briefed State House Correspondents at the end of the session which lasted for over six hours, at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa.

According to Governor Suswan, the NCS discussed five key issues including terrorism, Jos crises, appointment of National Population Commission, NPC, and prerogative of mercy for deserving prisoners as well as National Honours; but with special focus on terrorism

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/terrorism-here-to-stay-azazi-nsa-2/
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by dustydee: 9:05am On Sep 07, 2011
Is he on drugs? how can he say that?
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Andrew3(m): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2011
TERRORISM HAS COME TO STAY AND AZAZI HAS GOT TO GO angry angry angry angry
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2011
That's what our stupid leaders has got.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by redsun(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2011
Islamism in a rogue state like nigeria is like a terminal disease,it eats it till it destroys it. What is happening in nigeria today is a reflection the immoral norms that seem to have become the order of the day and wayward leadership in the society.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2011
shocked These leaders are careless when they make their remarks. i hope the comment was taken out of context, if it wasnt, then he should resign and his post given to an individual who believes that terrorism and terrorists can be sent packing.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by sheriffman(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2011
I believe he knows what he is saying cos they have been in the security circle and know how it all started and how it work but they dont have the will to fight it cos they think it will never get to them.However as it has come come to stay I pray it also finds him.then he will know how others affected by it feel
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Abayomin70(m): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2011
if it as coome to stay then jonathan don ready to MOVE
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by pinkrex(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2011
They know what going on. How can a leader of his status make remarks citizens he is trying to protect? undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by somze(f): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2011
Cant you guys read or is comprehension difficult? Stop quoting him out of context. This is what he said

Kizilala:

He warned that unless adequate arrangements were put in place in terms of training and retraining of security operatives on modern security management that is technology based, and provision of modern equipment, there might not be an end to the growing insecurity across the country, saying that “terrorism has come to stay”

Will terrorism go away on its own if we don't work on our security?
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Caliente(m): 9:40am On Sep 07, 2011
[size=13pt]How can people make such unguarded comments on a very delicate and serious issue like terrorism. I'm guessing he's a staunch member/supporter/sympathizer/financier of boko haram. If he actually said that he needs to be questioned pronto[/size]
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by pinkrex(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2011
somze:

Cant you guys read or is comprehension difficult? Stop quoting him out of context. This is what he said

Your choice of words are very sensitive as a leader, Go check out Obama,he is always diplomatic with words and it sends an unsure message but you can still see hope and fear in his choice of words.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by somze(f): 9:45am On Sep 07, 2011
pinkrex:

Your choice of words are very sensitive as a leader, Go check out Obama,he is always diplomatic with words and it sends an unsure message but you can still see hope and fear in his choice of words.
He is not Obama, He isn't a President. He is a security adviser and he is saying if we do not do something about our security, terrorism would not go away on its own. I am ashamed at the comprehension skills of some Nairalanders.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Pukkah: 9:47am On Sep 07, 2011
Mr Azazi has simply stated the obvious which in fact is a no-brainer.  I even like the way he has put it so that this may force Nigerians to become interested in this looming monster called terrorism.

I have been saying it - the security agencies in Nigeria are ill-equipped and not ready to tackle the multi-dimensional security issues across the country ranging from armed robbery, kidnapping, to planting of bombs.  Did we have kidnapping of this scale before?  Even armed robbery of this scale was not in Nigeria before. Are they not here with us, to 'stay'?  How about counterfeiting, 419, corruption, etc?

The Nigeria Police is inept.  SSS is asleep. Immigration Service is snoring. Nigeria Customs is inefficient.  All of them are corrupt. How can you plant maize and reap plantain?  

With all these agencies that are 'brain dead' how can we expect results? This is why hapless Nigerians resort to prayers and curses against armed robberies, kidnapping, and now terrorism.

Does this not mean that terrorism may 'stay' with us much like other crimes of kidnapping and armed robbery since we do not have a history of tackling our problems?

1 Like

Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by harakiri(m): 9:47am On Sep 07, 2011
Why do we love deceiving ourselves in this country? Why can't we face the cold truth and call a spade what it really is? There is nothing false in what this man has said and anyone who's true to his/herself knows that the new wave of suicidal bombings and senseless killings is not going to disappear over night. This is the same way kidnapping started as a "Niger Delta problem" and now, it's a full blown "business venture" in Nigeria.

The people sponsoring these deadly terrorists are the Northern Elite. One doesn't need to have a doctorate in political science to sum it up. Their governors/senators/reps/traditional rulers and Imams are ALL in it. They were the people who supported Obasanjo to use brutal force on the Niger Delta militants but when it comes to Boko Haram (who's agenda is nothing compared to any other group in Nigeria), they are telling GEJ to "dialogue with them" and grant them amnesty! What does that tell you? Is it a coincidence that all these senseless killings skyrocketed immediately after BUHARI lost the presidential elections? What does that tell you?

The problem with we Nigerians is that we love beating about the bush. Instead of tackling the problem from the root, we prefer to pluck the leaves. Instead of taking painkillers for a headache, we prefer to pray against "evil forces" who are causing the headache.

What a country!
What a people! ! !
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by ekaubong: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2011
this is ridiculous!, God please come to our rescue o!
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by redsun(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2011
The day the first bomb went off in 9ja supposedly by mend,i knew nigeria is gone. A failed state like nigeria cannot fight off militancy and aimlessly ruthless islamic brotherhood,it is the failed hub they capitalize on,because they thrive and bloom in failure.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by badmrkt(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2011
mayb Azazi is tired of his work,of course he should retire, for someone of his calibre to make such comment shows that there is no hope for ordinary men like us who look up to people him for protection.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by lovejo(m): 9:54am On Sep 07, 2011
So NATO has to come?
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by pinkrex(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2011
lovejo:

So NATO has to come?

NATO will worsen our issues, The western Government is so looking for such opportunities in Nigeria because of their interest in this country, they are part of this conspiracy.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by pinkrex(m): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2011
The western iconnoclast!

Who will save *NG*?
The Fallen Fathers?!
The splitted loyalty of its 'military'?
The, so called 'low brow' Rebels
? The 'come to stay' western propaganda? Or perhaps the 'oblique' pot bellied politicians with outstanding records Α̲̅πϑ prowess in 'thieving' Α̲̅πϑ public looting? I ask again!!!
Should it be the theoretical,analytical Α̲̅πϑ tearful civilian populace?
Even the ambiguous answers are not prevailing. Ah! We( ) have suffered 'nights' of ostential emotions full of political thoughts of idiomtic lurch. Lucidity! Lucidity! Sanity! We creed for thee, eulogies of political jaundice we seek, but, ! Who is the 'forged' saint-saviour amongst the infested? Alas! They are all prone to meander Α̲̅πϑ revenge.

(we) Weep to settle for a conga!!!

Egypt,Syria,libya,Algeria Α̲̅πϑ friends, lend me your reproof tears! The western iconnoclasts are at it again!!
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2011
idiooot is always idioot  grin grin grin grin
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by harakiri(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2011
badmrkt:

mayb Azazi is tired of his work,of course he should retire, for someone of his calibre to make such comment shows that there is no hope for ordinary men like us who look up to people him for protection.

So what were you expecting him to do? To lie? To pretend? Do you expect him to say nothing is wrong with the country and the terrorist have been caught and dealt with? Did you expect him to say there is nothing like terrorism in Nigeria? He is doing what he's supposed to do and that is alerting the lame government we have who don't care a hoot for the masses. Look at GEJ for instance : He has recently recruited Israeli private guards to ensure his safety because he knows it won't be long before they come for him (after bombing the Police Headquarters and the United Nations building). All he's interested in is to finish his tenure ALIVE and retire to one of his numerous mansions scattered all over the world to enjoy his looted billions/trillions while the country burns.

The truth is, these so called leaders we have don't believe in Nigeria. They are even surprised Nigeria hasn't broken up with anarchy,chaos and civil strife. They see Nigeria as a cash cow to be milked and nothing more. That is why most of them have their kids schooling abroad and the ones who have children here, send them to the best quality schools e.g GEJ's kids. They do not believe in Nigeria, that is why they are not serious about solving the problem of electricity,bad roads,insecurity and so on. And even when they show interest, they regard it as another opportunity to loot funds. They don't believe in Nigeria and that's why most of their investments/Assets are stashed away in foreign countries.

That in summary, is the cold reality of how things really are.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Bawss1(m): 10:08am On Sep 07, 2011
somze:

I think the article quoted Azazi out of context. The last clause "terrorism has come to stay" appears to have been added mischievously by the reporter even though it was correct. It does not fall in line with the point he was trying to make. Mischievous journalism is to blame here, not NLanders.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Greenslim: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2011
we will stop it with our awareness and prayers.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Pukkah: 10:12am On Sep 07, 2011
Greenslim:

we will stop it with our awareness and prayers.

How many crimes in this country have you stopped with your strategy?
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by pinkrex(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2011
somze:

He is not Obama, He isn't a President. He is a security adviser and he is saying if we do not do something about our security, terrorism would not go away on its own. I am ashamed at the comprehension skills of some Nairalanders.

Meaning my comprehension ability is low grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Because you glued to how you have comprehended his statement doesn't make others dumb. I dint literally compare him to Obama, I just cited an example of a leader in such a sensitive position. If he comes out to say everything is wacked up and only western technology can make him work, how do you now expect the message in his words to affect the directed audience now that those things he requested for a not available?? angry angry angry

He has just shown to the rebels that he felt their touch and he is very vulnerable to further treats without retaliation.

I just explained how I comprehend this and also the repercussion of his words.!!
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Fornorth(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2011
They know the cant save us so the former gen just said it, better start praying.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by sley4life(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2011
i agree with him until we break up
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by teemon: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2011
dustydee:

Is he on drugs? how can he say that?
i was going to ask that too shocked God and that man is been paid with out taxes payer money somebody should sack him now*Write his sack letter* mstweeech! nonsense
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by AfroBlue(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2011
Terrorism is financed by the global military industrial complex to create strife, sell weapons and security systems, and destabilize young democracies.
Re: Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi by Fornorth(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
Afro_Blue:

Terrorism is financed by the global military industrial complex to create strife, sell weapons and security systems, and destabilize young democracies.
[td][/td][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]well said my brother, thats whats happing around the world most world super powers country are behind this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Pay New York $1m Parking Fees / How Much Does Nigeria Earn From Crude Oil Per Year ? / "..I Didn't Say I'll Bomb Nigeria; I'll Destroy It Completely" - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.