Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears (13860 Views)

Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / Dangote’s Wealth Surges By $1.3 Billion In Three Weeks, Nears Senegal’s GDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by nlfpmod: 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
“I don’t have good news for those who feel we should shift the deadline; my apologies. The reason is because 100 days is more than enough for those who have the old currency to deposit it in the banks.” - Emefiele

The deadline for the old naira notes is 31st January 2023. The CBN governor, Emefiele has refused to extend the deadline. People are currently rushing to banks, ATMs to withdraw new naira notes.

As for me, I have never touched the new naira notes.

Share your experiences trying to withdraw new naira notes. How is it affecting your business, lifestyle?

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by adeola1097: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
Same notes that are still scarcely available abi which one again.

Nigeria I hail thee 🇳🇬

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Zee0007: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
You need to see the queue. Oga, this thing don tire me.

It's now operation no collecting old new for my crib oooooooo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by feranmi143: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
Yo fish, if you work at the bank in nigeria pls avoid going to work first week of next month, it may be bloody above all the security workers i see them shouting their lungs out grin trying to calm users. NOMB no longer in nigeria. *just watch and see they will keep using the old note even if the banks reject it, after all it not fake

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Apus: 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2023
Something dey will still extend .

CBN just dey play.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by StrongAlphMale: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Y'all should better get your PVCs ready and let's vote out this calamity and disaster called APC and PDP. May calamity like Tinubu and buhari never happen to Nigeria again!

Obi really has a lot of work to do immediately he has been declared president of Nigeria come Feb 25.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by ecomalchemistt(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Na who get money dey go bank go deposit old naira notes.

Abeg, make Dem gimme chance.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by brightest5050: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Its best CBN harken to the voice of reason of National Assembly and extend tne deadline to July 31st. At as today, ATM Is still dispensing old note

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by obicoolnino: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
Very terrible experience,all through yet,I could not even withdraw a thousand naira ,na money I borrow last last from my colleague take chop.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Viccur(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
I was at a Union bank ATM this afternoon, the ATM was dispensing 100naira notes. No jokes. Seems some people are hoarding the new notes plus the banks are complicit or the new notes are insufficient.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Hendrixky: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
Na everything una for dey share experience

Nairaland and sharing of experience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by olatade(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
The Last person to leave this country 🇳🇬should remember to switch off the lights and leave the keys at the nearest neighbouring country. We'll come back when normalcy returns.

undecided undecided undecided

70 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Boc007(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
After the deadline Nigerians will still be sharing the money offline and many other places will reject the new designs as well.

I sell high quality shoes for both male and female.

Kindly patronize me.

Market price is : N25k
My price is : N23k (negotiable) + Nationwide Delivery

Chat me on WhatsApp for more wears

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by tuzle(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
Omo money wey never circulate, that cbn governor just dey yearn nonsense. We will still scatter this country. 31st and I have only seen the currency like 3 times. If the new currency is readily a available I am sure I would have seen it with a lot of people but no. Even ATM self dont pay the new currency.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Pootle: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
election with suffering
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by ladywise: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
I just rejected old naira

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by EKONGKING: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
I have seen this entire thing about currency replacement and trust me it is going to be brutal.

Common people will face maximum difficulty.

When Modi of India launched the exact same thing what we are witnessing in Nigeria in the name of demonitisation. Economy of India shrank and many people lost jobs.
For almost 3months people of India queued up infront of ATMs and banks for new currency.
But ends justify the means as majority of India transferred to cashless system .the country has got more revenue and eliminated majorly the source of black money or illegal money in their country language

What iam suprised is why buhari allowed in middle of election cycle unless he wants defeat of tinubu.
Modi of India done this currency change midway through his 5 year term and his popularity plunged from 70plus to 45 percent acceptance .
Many has predicted modi will loose elections ,but the 2 and half years softened the people anger , which along with his military strikes against Pakistan saved the day for him.

I think Buhari wants Atiku to win else no one would put his party in this much danger.

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by LUAN(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
I hope same cbn go read my experience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by essentialone(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
K
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Maxxim: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
My area no dey collect the new notes
Shey na ignorance I go call am ni

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by specialmati(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin by friday i wont collect any old note again everyone should take note grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
I no get any experience, broke man like me.

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by brightest5050: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
ladywise:
I just rejected old naira

Go and accept it. Its not easy to come across new note. If you keep rejecting you will end up without a single sale. ATM at as today Is still paying old note

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by atinga1: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
brightest5050:

Go and accept it. Its not easy to come across new note. If you keep rejecting you will end up without a single sale. ATM at as today Is still paying old note
Stop misleading people. The reason for the change of old notes to new notes, is to discourage people from moving around with too much cash. Most Nigerians don't understand it yet.
They just want to exchange all their old notes with the new one. It won't work.
If you like, accept the old notes after 31st, you'll beg banks to collect them.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by olab059(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hendrixky:
Na everything una for dey share experience

Nairaland and sharing of experience

Share your experience on the number of "share your experience" posts you have seen on Nairaland.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Pierced(f): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
As someone who's into business.......I will keep on collecting old notes till Sunday.......go to the bank to deposit the old notes on Monday morning......and stop collecting old notes that same day.

All the new notes is what I will keep with me......I won't deposit those ones.

My problem is how to get the new 500 and 200 notes......as the most common one is 1000.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Subsea101: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
The funny thing is that most people hardly use cash, POS/Online transactions have made life a whole lot better and easier...

I don't think anyone should have an excuse whatsoever, cos the time frame given was more than enough!! My opinion though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Seankhalifa: 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
Mk I go deposit my 2k... no time grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Vyzz: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
cool

My fingers never touch one new note..

Yet I don withdrew pass 50k since last three days for my boss

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
APC confusion. No wonder people say their prayer points reduced when they left Nigeria. It is because they escaped APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Madridstar(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
Broom broom broom broom

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Receives Land For $150 Million Solar Power Project In Kano / Ecobank Asks FBN To Reject Otudeko’s Share Acquisition / CBN Denies Plans To Redenominate The Naira From January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.