Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears (13858 Views)

Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / Dangote’s Wealth Surges By $1.3 Billion In Three Weeks, Nears Senegal’s GDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by adioolayi(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
I unexpectedly got it today at GTB ATM in Lagos...I was not expecting it sef
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Hpesoj: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
With two ATMs dispensing new notes at my place of work, I don't think there's any cause for alarm from my end.

My plan is to be spending the few notes bit by bit. I don't have strength to argue with Lagos drivers. I will just ensure I don't have anything 5h and 2h with me.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by CodeTemplar: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
nlfpmod:
“I don’t have good news for those who feel we should shift the deadline; my apologies. The reason is because 100 days is more than enough for those who have the old currency to deposit it in the banks.” - Emefiele

The deadline for the old naira notes is 31st January 2023. The CBN governor, Emefiele has refused to extend the deadline. People are currently rushing to banks, ATMs to withdraw new naira notes.

As for me, I have never touched the new naira notes.

Share your experiences trying to withdraw new naira notes. How is it affecting your business, lifestyle?
illiteracy is bad. Will CBN now reject the old notes after the said date? They dare not because it means some new notes supposedly printed with the hope of replacing the stranded old notes are the hands of someone somewhere. That will spark inflation fire from people with real commodities and old notes. This whole thing better be a stupid joke than a serious policy.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by gassbee: 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Apus:
Something dey will still extend .

CBN just dey play.
dem no get choice than to shift dat nonsense play

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Majlaw(m): 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hmmm

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by stano2(m): 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
I’m in one town In Delta state currently and I’m yet to see the newly designed notes.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Elsucre: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
Even if CBN extends it till 2024 Nigerians will still say time is not enough, CBN Gov stick to your gun most Nigerians needs a radical leader(s) to get sense😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Apus: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
gassbee:
dem no get choice than to shift dat nonsense play

Seriously.. one week to deadline but na only online I dey see new notes.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
They said we have enough time to deposit our monies and collect the new notes but
1. Banks don't give you new notes
2. ATMs don't give new notes
3. Most Nigerians aren't cashless yet.
4. Old notes are still very much in circulation because of this 3 listed up there

How the hell will this work?

Where I'm staying currently, NOBODY has seen the new notes.

One thing I've noticed is, only educated people are panicking. Wetin concern person wey dey break stone or pick tea leaves with queueing in bank for new notes

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by dustmalik: 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Y'all should better get your PVCs ready and let's vote this calamity and disaster called APC and PDP. May calamity like Tinubu and buhari never happen to Nigeria again!

Obi really has a lot of work to do immediately he has been declared president of Nigeria come Feb 25.
Reinaldo:
APC confusion. No wonder people say their prayer points reduced when they left Nigeria. It is because they escaped APC.
The two of you don't have sense. You are among the senseless people supporting this policy because you think it will help stop Atiku and Tinubu from buying votes, yet you turn around to blame APC for the policy.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by jamace(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
I Just used my last old notes to buy things today. However, ATMs are still dispensing old notes o.

Emefiele don show soak away bankers pepper.. grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by propsvilla2: 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
Very stressful
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by millionboi2: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Apus:
Something dey will still extend .

CBN just dey play.
thy have no option than to extend it

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by imam07: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Y'all should better get your PVCs ready and let's vote this calamity and disaster called APC and PDP. May calamity like Tinubu and buhari never happen to Nigeria again!

Obi really has a lot of work to do immediately he has been declared president of Nigeria come Feb 25.
u too dey dream

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by akinade28(f): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
I visited two banks today, Zenith and GTB, the queue at GTB was long. Both banks were still paying old notes on their counter. The new notes are only available through the A.T.M. with cash withdrawal limit of 20-40 thousand naira per day. The banks only load limited amount of money into their A.T.M, this might because these P.O.S. agents have been withdrawing every cash available. One of them came with five A.T.M. cards to the bank today.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Ogunleti01: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
Subsea101:
The funny thing is that most people hardly use cash, POS/Online transactions have made life a whole lot better and easier...

I don't think anyone should have an excuse whatsoever, cos the time frame given was more than enough!! My opinion though
U e be like say una get ur own private ATM wey dey dispense new notes bah?

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by peacefulhome(f): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
Even if it extend to two years time, lots of people will still request for extension. We just stubborn like that. For once let our yes be yes. I have changed all the old notes to new notes. Am just left with 4k ,which am deliberating if I should keep it or spend it.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by MrBroke(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
New note was me don hide keep for house so after deadline if dem no extend, I no go feel am. grin grin SmartPoliticianmove like Tinibu grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by seanwilliam(m): 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

we should vote calamity and disaster ??

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by millionboi2: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin by friday i wont collect any old note again everyone should take note grin grin grin grin
you are not ready to exchange then
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by millionboi2: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
atinga1:
Stop misleading people. The reason for the change of old notes to new notes, is to discourage people from moving around with too much cash. Most Nigerians don't understand it yet.
They just want to exchange all their old notes with the new one. It won't work.
If you like, accept the old notes after 31st, you'll beg banks to collect them.
oga shout up,thy is no way the deadline will hold,after 31st both old note and new note will still be in use

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by millionboi2: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
Subsea101:
The funny thing is that most people hardly use cash, POS/Online transactions have made life a whole lot better and easier...

I don't think anyone should have an excuse whatsoever, cos the time frame given was more than enough!! My opinion though
CBN didn't meet up with their time frame by making the new note available

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by millionboi2: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
Hpesoj:
With two ATMs dispensing new notes at my place of work, I don't think there's any cause for alarm from my end.

My plan is to be spending the few notes bit by bit. I don't have strength to argue with Lagos drivers. I will just ensure I don't have anything 5h and 2h with me.
what if thy give you as change
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by yomi007k(m): 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
peacefulhome:
Even if it extend to two years time, lots of people will still request for extension. We just stubborn like that. For once let our yes be yes. I have changed all the old notes to new notes. Am just left with 4k ,which am deliberating if I should keep it or spend it.

4K wey be my transport fare for 2.5 days.

My own no hard sha.
I won't panick but if bank staff wan see craze dem go see am.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by millionboi2: 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Elsucre:
Even if CBN extends it till 2024 Nigerians will still say time is not enough, CBN Gov stick to your gun most Nigerians needs a radical leader(s) to get sense😁😁
was the new note made available on time.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Father4all: 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
I withdraw some new notes today. But I still have many old ones at home
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by marooh: 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
And bank us still dishing out old currency as of 21 of Jan...... this is end time techniques
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by emmaattack: 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
Rough Experience.

I was asked to use the ATM only to discover that it wasn't dispensing cash. I left without any cash to use.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by Hpesoj: 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
millionboi2:
what if thy give you as change

It's inevitable. I've actually map out my spending, especially transport to and from work.

This what I intend to day. My main issue is transport. I don't buy food. Korope to my work is 100h-200h. So, I used be able to exhaust 1k or change it 100h before bringing out another.

I believe this approach will minimise 5h and 2h staying too long with me.
Re: Share Your Experiences Trying To Withdraw New Naira Notes As 31st Deadline Nears by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
olatade:
The Last person to leave this country 🇳🇬should remember to switch off the lights and leave the keys at the nearest neighbouring country. We'll come back when normalcy returns.

undecided undecided undecided

My rib....

You are officially the clown of the week. cheesy

People wey normal for this country no reach 3.

It is well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Receives Land For $150 Million Solar Power Project In Kano / Ecobank Asks FBN To Reject Otudeko’s Share Acquisition / CBN Denies Plans To Redenominate The Naira From January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.