Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate (23741 Views)

Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate / Dele Momodu To Wike: No General Fight On Too Many Fronts, Apply The Brakes / Wike: No Reasonable Government Will Have Isa Pantami As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Nemere2020: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
* As Igbos in Rivers promise Abe block votes

GOVERNOR Nyesom Wike says Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers would continue to campaign for the 2023 elections without reference to any presidential candidate because none has reached understanding with the state PDP to earn their support.

Wike, in Bonny Town Tuesday for Rivers PDP campaign rally for Bonny Local Government Area, told the people, “Go home and have it on your mind that PDP in Rivers have taken governorship, taken the senatorial, House of Representatives and State Assembly elections.

“It is the election we are doing here. These are the ones (candidates) who told me to come and campaign for them. No other person told me to campaign for him. I can’t force myself to campaign for you when you have not asked for it.

“These ones (candidates) have told me, so, I’ve come here to campaign. If somebody asks you to work for him, you’ll work for him. But if they don’t want you to work for them, will you force them? There’s nothing like propaganda, nothing like intimidation because nobody can intimidate us.

“We are very, very solid. We are very strong. No State can point at us to determine what will happen here. Nobody can do such. So, be bold to say, I’m from Rivers State, I live in Rivers and I am happy with Rivers. What is important is our State which we have collected.”

Governor Wike said it is unreasonable for All Progressives Congress (APC) to campaign in Rivers as President Muhammadu Buhari, their leader, has already adjudged PDP in Rivers as the best on infrastructure delivery in the country.

He said, “All these people campaigning, what are they campaigning for? President Muhammadu Buhari, the leader of APC said I am the best as far as development is concerned. What nature of campaign will they be doing again?”

Drumming support for Rivers PDP guber candidate, Siminialayi Fubara, Wike said, “This is the closest time and period an Ibani son is getting to the throne of the governor of Rivers State. Now, who is the man that will decide what will be here and what will not be there. Is it not your son? What project is bigger that that project?”

Sir Fubara promised that his development attention for Bonny, when elected would include security, construction of internal roads that will further address perennial flooding in the area and protection of the traditional institution.

* Igbos in Rivers promise Abe block votes

Meanwhile, the Igbo community in Rivers state has promised the governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Sen Magnus Abe, block votes to see him emerge next governor of Rivers state.

At a gathering, Tuesday in Port Harcourt to endorse Abe as the sole candidate for the March guber polls, the Igbo community in Rivers under different umbrellas assured they were setting aside whatever differences to speak with one voice in voting for the SDP candidate as next Rivers governor

The Secretary, Igbo Community in Rivers, Mazi Ikechukwu Edward Osisiogu, speaking on behalf of His Royal Majesty, Eze Stanhope Ogadinma Okeorji told Abe, “To us, Ndigbo, we will leave no stone unturned to make sure your victory is achieved.

“We profiled every other candidate before we came to this conclusion. For someone calm, intelligent and smart enough to govern a complex state like Rivers state, Chief Senator Magnus Ngei Abe has that capacity.

“For good and bright ideas to make Rivers state an investor’s haven. Abe stunned us with his great plans for Rivers and you can see his sincerity and optimism that this dream is achievable. For security of lives and property of Rivers people, Abe has the answers.

“For industrial parks, international markets, Abe said that it is a necessity for Rivers to grow economically, that government will create enabling environment for businesses to thrive and facilities built to make business people more comfortable in their business environment.”

Abe, overwhelmed by the support noted, “This is the first time in the history of politics of the state that Ndi-Igbo in Rivers has come together across party lines, across every divide to endorse one candidate for the governorship of and I Magnus Ngei Abe, I am the beneficiary of that grace.

“I did not campaign for it. I did not lobby for it. I have not spent a penny. Even the clothes I’m wearing here were provided for me by the Igbo people. All I have to do was to come here today and accept your love.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/no-understanding-yet-to-support-any-presidential-candidate-wike/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
cheesy grin grin

Las las Wike na side chick

🐔

Seunmsg where's your supposed deal 😂😂

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by ThoughtOfYou: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
Then remain neutral. Better

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ok, work for yourself then..

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
See as wike dy stylishly woo Atiku. I doff my hat 🎩 for Atiku

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kyase(m): 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
This one dey take style dey beg Atiku

Wike are you in or out?

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Jflex07(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wike is a coward. Just making noise everytime.Once election comes and go,you will be forgotten just like Odili and Rotimi Ameachi.

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Ruggedniggaone: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wike has been humbled by waziri Adamawa the incoming president of Nigeria. silent is the best answer for a fool indeed

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Zonefree(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Plus Wike Minus Wike, Rivers state is fully Obidient.

109 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by LaSenior: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
grin
Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Houseofglam7(f): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
undecided
Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
You will never get the understanding. Idiot

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by mustbewell: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
Better
Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by fatherjesse(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wike is losing relevance, the biggest mistake he would ever make is to embrace the drug lord from iragbiji. I repeat, I am Yoruba and Tinubu is the worst of the 18 wanting to be President

109 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Nuheights(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Selfish noise maker

6 Likes

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by KingKO22: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
Asiwaju Lokan

Cityboy is the choice of the people

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by allen113: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
It is now clear wike and his fellow G-5 governors are confuse, without them a president must still emerge after the election 😂😂😂

As for Abe make una help me tell am say for street f**k up no dey sour. We won't forget his betrayal so quickly.

Power in Rivers state must go to the riverine people either Simi Fubara or Tonye Cole
We move 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Zico5(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
I wonder what will be the fate of this man after May 29. Maybe he doesn't know that it doesn't take Nigerians much time to forget someone especially the political office holders. He is flexing now, let's see what future hold for him

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by yemmight(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
Confused human being.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by ogascomax: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
The man is still confused. He will align latter or he cast himself.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by KingKO22: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
We need to keep it as a secret last card as game changer

Announcing it now will make Kwankaso to step down for Atiku

Let's keep hoping for the best and prepare for d worst

7 Likes

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Domipraiz: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
Confuse soul
River's people are Obidient jooor

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by specialmati(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by AllTheWayUp: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
grin grin grin
Confused fool
He is scared of the unknown

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Urbanchampion: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
It's actually better for him not to openly support any of the other two people. His better bet would have been Asiwaju, however, it's extremely difficult for both party to reach workable agreements, due to Rotimi Amaechi factor. He can still support the Jagaban secretly and deliver votes for Asiwaju.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by DeAdvokate(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
The man talks too much

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by TGreatGatsby: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
No need jare jst cause trouble & let dem stumble in disarray

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by Nyanabo(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate by fergie001: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
Kyase:
This one dey take style dey beg Atiku

Wike are you in or out?
😁😁😁😁😁

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Bought N1.35B Properties Under Six Months In Office, Says EFCC / RCCG Denies Letter To Fayose Recognising Deji Ogunsakin / Ekweremadu To Nigerians: Remove Buhari Peacefully In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.