Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate (31438 Views)

Ngige: Why It Is Difficult To Increase Varsity Lecturers’ Salaries / Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home / Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by greenermodels: 3:58am On Jan 05, 2023
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige has explained why he cannot support or campaign for any presidential candidate out of the four frontrunners for the seat of presidency.

Ngige revealed his reason on Tuesday at his hometown in Alor, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State, while distributing gifts by his foundation to people in the area.

Ngige, an All Progressives Party member, said all four presidential candidates are his friends having worked with them at one point or the other, therefore he would not be able to pick any among them to support.

The minister described Peter Obi of the Labour Party as his brother, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu of the APC and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, as his good friends.

He therefore urged Nigerians to vote for the right candidate who would be able to work for them after a critical evaluation of their manifestos and antecedents.

He said, “The four frontrunners are good candidates with cognate experience in governance at the federal and state levels.

“They are my friends and they are well known to me. They have worked with me in one way or the other before now.

“Peter Obi of Labour Party is my brother, his local government is next to mine here my successor and everything. I know him too well. I know his capacity.

“Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of Peoples Democratic Party was at the helm of affairs in the country when I was kidnapped as a sitting governor. He was acting for Mr. President who was away in Maputo at that time. He ordered my reinstatement. We sat together in the National Economic Council which he is the Chairman. We formed the Action Congress with Asiwaju.

“Bola Ahmed Tinubu of APC is also my good friend and political ally. He was very supportive during our trying times as governor. We formed AC together. We worked together in ACN and I became the lone opposition senator in the eastern region under the platform of Action Congress of Nigeria. He is not somebody I don’t know.

“Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of NNPP is my friend too. I knew him as deputy speaker of the federal House of Representatives under Agunwa Anaekwe in 1991 as Speaker. We were in APC so, I know him.

“For me, let the Nigerian people vote right. Let Nigerians look at them and their manifestos and vote, according to what is right for the country.

“I don’t think I will go around campaigning for candidate A or B or C. I won’t do that. It is not my stock in trade. I don’t jump from party to party. But besides, I have some conscience and I am going to protect my conscience and make sure that I don’t hurt it.”

The minister had indicated interest in contesting the APC presidential primaries and was said to have purchased the Expression of Interest Form before withdrawing from the exercise.

https://punchng.com/why-i-cant-support-any-presidential-candidate-ngige/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by greenermodels: 4:01am On Jan 05, 2023
Why is most of the APC top guns avoiding the campaign of Tinubu? The guy is been avoided like a leper.

386 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Osobi32(m): 4:18am On Jan 05, 2023
Ngige don use style shift from campaigning for tinubu..... He even said he is protecting his conscience and that Nigerians should look at their manifesto and vote who is best for the country. This guys are really warning the masses oooo.

383 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by chinae(m): 4:24am On Jan 05, 2023
The way these guys think, they are ur friends so you wouldn't want to soil the chances of another nomination from any of them.

Keep your spread high, but the hand writing is on the wall.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by PointZerom: 4:33am On Jan 05, 2023
We know that Ngige is 100% Obidient. He can't support a drug lord and a Boko Haram commander.

208 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by galaxy2020(m): 4:56am On Jan 05, 2023
Voting right is voting Obi, any other is a disaster.

206 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by ImmaculateJOE(m): 5:05am On Jan 05, 2023
Emilokan on the mud..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Fibonacci88: 5:22am On Jan 05, 2023
All Buhari Ministers are avoiding Tinubu like a leper.

162 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by BossGerald: 5:25am On Jan 05, 2023
11 members of the Tinubu Apc campaign team tendered their resignation yesterday in Sokoto grin

E go clear for their eyes soon

122 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by southsouthking(m): 5:29am On Jan 05, 2023
greenermodels:
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige has explained why he cannot support or campaign for any presidential candidate out of the four frontrunners for the seat of presidency.

Ngige revealed his reason on Tuesday at his hometown in Alor, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State, while distributing gifts by his foundation to people in the area.

Ngige, an All Progressives Party member, said all four presidential candidates are his friends having worked with them at one point or the other, therefore he would not be able to pick any among them to support.

The minister described Peter Obi of the Labour Party as his brother, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu of the APC and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, as his good friends.

He therefore urged Nigerians to vote for the right candidate who would be able to work for them after a critical evaluation of their manifestos and antecedents.

He said, “The four frontrunners are good candidates with cognate experience in governance at the federal and state levels.

“They are my friends and they are well known to me. They have worked with me in one way or the other before now.

“Peter Obi of Labour Party is my brother, his local government is next to mine here my successor and everything. I know him too well. I know his capacity.

“Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of Peoples Democratic Party was at the helm of affairs in the country when I was kidnapped as a sitting governor. He was acting for Mr. President who was away in Maputo at that time. He ordered my reinstatement. We sat together in the National Economic Council which he is the Chairman. We formed the Action Congress with Asiwaju.

“Bola Ahmed Tinubu of APC is also my good friend and political ally. He was very supportive during our trying times as governor. We formed AC together. We worked together in ACN and I became the lone opposition senator in the eastern region under the platform of Action Congress of Nigeria. He is not somebody I don’t know.

“Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of NNPP is my friend too. I knew him as deputy speaker of the federal House of Representatives under Agunwa Anaekwe in 1991 as Speaker. We were in APC so, I know him.

“For me, let the Nigerian people vote right. Let Nigerians look at them and their manifestos and vote, according to what is right for the country.

“I don’t think I will go around campaigning for candidate A or B or C. I won’t do that. It is not my stock in trade. I don’t jump from party to party. But besides, I have some conscience and I am going to protect my conscience and make sure that I don’t hurt it.”

The minister had indicated interest in contesting the APC presidential primaries and was said to have purchased the Expression of Interest Form before withdrawing from the exercise.

https://punchng.com/why-i-cant-support-any-presidential-candidate-ngige/

By February, e go clear for some people eyes and their followers who thinks Aso Rock is their birthright and a must do or die affair to get there.
I no call anybody name o, but some people will definitely bark at me.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Moh247: 5:30am On Jan 05, 2023
Everyone can't campaign for you

6 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 5:31am On Jan 05, 2023
BossGerald:
11 members of the Tinubu Apc campaign team tendered their resignation yesterday in Sokoto grin

E go clear for their eyes soon

Lolol don't cry more than the bereaved

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by BossGerald: 5:35am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

Lolol don't cry more than the bereaved

Chai! The bereaved must be going through a lot grin

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 5:40am On Jan 05, 2023
BossGerald:

Chai! The bereaved must be going through a lot grin
Ngige is irrelevant. Ask why Ubah beat him silly in the Anambra State APC gubernatorial primaries?

The silencing....of ngige didn't start today neither did the intention of Tinubu to run started recently

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Putinofrussia: 5:41am On Jan 05, 2023
galaxy2020:
Voting right is voting Obi, any other is a disaster.
Says a bad omen like Obi.
Obi is a bad omen,a curse and the "worstest"governor.
Obi is anti growth and anti development.
A stingy and selfish person.
Name only one person Obi has helped to move up in life.He is a calamity,a grave disaster grin Soludo,Arthur etc.
Sensible people avoid Obi like the plague

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Karlovych: 5:42am On Jan 05, 2023
embarassed My name is Lateef Adegoke, I'm a Yoruba moozlem from Osun state and I'm OBIdient. I urge all well meaning Nigerians to support Labor party because they mean well for the country.

#OBIdience

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 5:47am On Jan 05, 2023
Karlovych:
embarassed My name is Lateef Adegoke, I'm a Yoruba moozlem from Osun state and I'm OBIdient. I urge all well meaning Nigerians to support Labor party because they mean well for the country.

#OBIdience
How's is that anyone's problem if you are kanuri and a sango worshipper voting for Sowore?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Karlovych: 5:48am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

How's is that anyone's problem if you are kanuri and a sango worshipper voting for Sowore?
Tinubu is a criminal, moozlem-moozlem ticket will never happen in Nigeria

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 5:50am On Jan 05, 2023
Karlovych:
Tinubu is a criminal, moozlem-moozlem ticket will never happen in Nigeria

Okay. Is that all? Now go and attend to your personal life issues. Good morning.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Mandate2023: 5:52am On Jan 05, 2023
greenermodels:
Why is most of the APC top guns avoiding the campaign of Tinubu? The guy is been avoided like a leper.

Simply bcoz tinubu will obviously relegate all of them....ngige with zero stake in d party is not important as he can't even deliver his polling unit for Buhari in 2015 and 2019, he knows if he had resigned for d primary too by nw he would have been jobless as he won't have 1 vote grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by BossGerald: 5:53am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

Ngige is irrelevant. Ask why Ubah beat him silly in the Anambra State APC gubernatorial primaries?

The silencing....of ngige didn't start today neither did the intention of Tinubu to run started recently

I said 11 Apc presidential campaign team members in Sokoto resigned yesterday...

Why you dey mention Ngige?? Are you afraid of the north?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 5:54am On Jan 05, 2023
BossGerald:

I said 11 Apc presidential campaign team members in Sokoto resigned yesterday...

Why you dey mention Ngige?? Are you afraid of the north?

Irrelevant. Wait watch and learn politics. Focus on the topic of the thread

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by BossGerald: 5:56am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

Irrelevant. Wait watch and learn politics.

Dey deceive yourself grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 5:56am On Jan 05, 2023
BossGerald:

Dey deceive yourself grin
Okay. Now go and attend to your life issues. Good morning

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Ahmed0336(m): 5:59am On Jan 05, 2023
Ngige is half smart.

He knows Obi is not winning this race but doesn't want to be on igbos black list that's why he can't campaign for BAT in his locality.

Funny thing is he can't deliver BAT in Anambra and he knows it.

He is not a true party man like soludo and he is jealous of BAT. Had it been an igboman is the present flag bearer of APC he would have been everywhere campaigning.

So Ngige want to tell me that there are no other politicians who are friends with some of the top contestants but did take side?

That man should have kept quiet than bringing this unreasonable excuse.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Coolestguy2023: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2023
Karlovych:

#OBIdience

Igbos can deny there father just to get "likes" on nairaland not to talk of denying there tribe

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by BossGerald: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

Okay. Now go and attend to your life issues. Good morning

Good evening to you this morning...because its obvious you're done for. angry

12 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by BossGerald: 6:02am On Jan 05, 2023
Coolestguy2023:

Igbos can deny there father just to get "likes" on nairaland not to talk of denying there tribe

Heiyaa! So you dey expect the poor ogbomoso boy to claim omo igbo grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by Kewtt: 6:05am On Jan 05, 2023
BossGerald:

Good evening to you this morning...because its obvious you're done for. angry

Now this is a statement you are going to wish you never made.... Because you are going to regret it in a dimension unfathomable to you yet.... As you loved cursing, so let it come unto you: as you delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by greenermodels: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

Now this is a statement you are going to wish you never made.... Because you are going to regret it in a dimension unfathomable to you yet.... As you loved cursing, so let it come unto you: as you delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from you.
all these your early morning lamentations set, the guy didn't insult you, the only person insulting others is Tinubu.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by agadez007(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2023
Kewtt:

Ubah kwa?
You guys know nothing,since Ngige stopped contesting for governorship election in anambra,Apc have been garnering less votes,the people love Ngige but hate that useless party

5 Likes

Re: Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate by GoodCane: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2023
Ngige is a well known failure. The failure has scammed ASUU and he still get mouth dey talk

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu: Between Paris And London. / Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline / Edo Election: Why Ize-iyamu ‘might’ Not Appeal Election Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.