Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) (27231 Views)

Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? / Unilag Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) / My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Omooba77: 11:40am On Jan 25, 2023
Chenult:
Seeking to gain admission into one of the state unis (Thanks to my GM). I smashed Post UTME but JAMB did me shege.. sad

Meanwhile, Computer science is still my first choice.

If you have not made your choice, go for Chemical Engineering, many process, manufacturing industries will need your services as Nigeria economy pick up.......
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Karlifate: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2023
ElGood:
There is plenty side hustle as an agric engineer.
Go for it, only tractor operations and maintainance will make u a millionaire when u are well experience and deliver good services.

Right.

The Engineering part helps diversify into both the Agriculture & Environmental sub-divisions.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Karlifate: 11:51am On Jan 25, 2023
Spicycat:

Go for Water Resources and Environmental Engineering.

This is a major sub-category under Civil Engineering.

Well, with the Environmental Engineering aspect of Agricultural Engineering, it can still touch some areas, but NOT as deep as Civil Engineering.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by SkyFi: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2023
Statistics is good base if you want to navigate your career towards data and Data science after school
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Lepon02: 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
Chenult:
Seeking to gain admission into one of the state unis (Thanks to my GM). I smashed Post UTME but JAMB did me shege.. sad

Sorry i cant help you decide your life.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by mich2012: 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
Statistics
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Jashub: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
fykes:

Kids. That's all you know how to do...

Take charge of your life nobody is responsible for your misery.

When you go to school and lazy about while your mates are studying, you will come out to blame the course you studied.

Chemical engineering is a very tough course and if you don't make a 2:1 you are OYO.
But tough is why it pays well. Tough is why it's for the brightest.

Connection and money yhen yhen yen...that's a lazy man's excuse and consolation for being broke.

Get a life son...you are responsible for what you make of your life
You are seriously delusional . Any fool can read chemical engineering and make first class ...just know how to cram heat and mass transfer equations and you are good to go. As for transport phenomena , when did you see that application? Let me guess , in the velocity of writing papers in an office abi? grin

And by the way, all my mates who graduated with me are not working in the chemical industry, rather they are in things that are totally unrelated to engineering. Which just goes to show that chemical engineering is a waste of time and intelligence.

Lastly, you and I both know you did not get your job on merit ,rather you got it based on corrupt connections in Nigeria. So enjoy the dividends of the corrupt way of life in 9ja . grin

P.S: Over 100 people have agreed that chemical engineering is a waste of time and intelligence , and you cannot say those people will waste their time in being as stupid as you . grin
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by JIMXMAVERICK(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
Statistics
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by kdmi(m): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
Go for Agric Engineering

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Jashub: 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
dmostcheerful:

Go to unizik and study Chinese nah hot cake you go be.
Chinese and chemical engineering nah you go say how much you wish to be paid monthly.
Graduate from chemical engineering and come back and tell be what you saw in the labor market
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Jashub: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2023
CodeTemplar:
are you sure?
No engineering is useless really. It is the perception of the society that kills most engineering courses in Nigeria.
Chemical engineering is useless oga. Especially in Nigeria where outdated knowledge is still being taught year in year out
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Richiez(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
Jashub:
Pick anything on that list but avoid chemical engineering with all you might .

P.S : I have a chemical engineering degree , and that shit is more useless than Nigeria

Are you sure you really have a chemical engineering degree? Chemical engineers are highly sought after, especially those that practice as process engineers. I am talking from experience. cool

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by alvincruse(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
Please I beg with the name of God, don't choose Physics
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Bawsse(m): 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2023
Chenult:

If computer science is your first choice then choose it

If you cant get it then chose statistics
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Nyanabo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2023
If you have the resources to japa after your degree I say choose chemical Engineering or Physics
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Aguogba(m): 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
Chenult:

Go and study Architecture if you don't wanna graduate and start looking for work.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Jashub: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
Richiez:

Are you sure you really have a chemical engineering degree? Chemical engineers are highly sought after, especially those that practice as process engineers. I am talking from experience. cool
I graduated from chemical engineering when you were still writing junior WAEC, so I know what I am talking about . Secondly , the hype about chemical engineering in my time time is still the same delusion in this era. But in reality, it does not correlate with what is on ground : Chemical engineering systems have been automated and computerized by design, hence there is no need for many chemical engineers ... undecided
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by dmostcheerful(f): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2023
Jashub:
Graduate from chemical engineering and come back and tell be what you saw in the labor market
I am just telling you a combo that works.
My cousin sisters inlaw studied chemical engineering and did Chinese studies while at it.
He earns nothing less than a million monthly.
He works with an oil company as an interpreter or do I say he helped them each time they have Chinese deal, he barely stays in Nigeria too always in China or any other branch in other country that needs his service.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Jashub: 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2023
dmostcheerful:

I am just telling you a combo that works.
My cousin sisters inlaw studied chemical engineering and did Chinese studies while at it.
He earns nothing less than a million monthly.
He works with an oil company as an interpreter or do I say he helped them each time they have Chinese deal, he barely stays in Nigeria too always in China or any other branch in other country that needs his service.
Mastery of the Chinese language is what got your inlaw into the oil company, not chemical engineering oga .
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by blank(f): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
matrixme:
Statistics is more marketable in today's Nigeria

Only if Japa is the goal else it's to become a teacher in Nigeria.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Fixxer: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2023
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by kyt99(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
My opinion would be that you go with Physics. I am a graduate of Physics also and I can tell you from experience that I have gotten several job offers and even rejected many.

It also depends on how you positioned yourself
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Mydazz(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
Statistics backed with good IT course is more than HOT,............ it is fire!
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by SmallDick99(m): 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
alvincruse:
Please I beg with the name of God, don't choose Physics
Why?

Abi e hard pass buhari balls grin
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by jahsharon: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
Physics is a step away from Computer Engineering. Talking from over 20 years post graduation working experience.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by jahsharon: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2023
Jashub:
I graduated from chemical engineering when you were still writing junior WAEC, so I know what I am talking about . Secondly , the hype about chemical engineering in my time time is still the same delusion in this era. But in reality, it does not correlate with what is on ground : Chemical engineering systems have been automated and computerized by design, hence there is no need for many chemical engineers ... undecided

This is wisdom gained from experience.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by BJanta: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
Go for Chemical Engineering.. Those who are suggesting Statistics are considering the few employed ones, and not thousands roaming the streets. How can you compare Statistics with Chemical Engineering? A degree in Actuary is much better than Statistics, but no way near Chemical Engineering. And Agric Engineering is too narrow, and no jobs for them. Most of the time, Mechanical are taken in their stead because they are allied, but ME is more broad - based. Chemical engineering is good, not just the best in your list. IT IS THE NO ONE COURSE SOUGHT FOR IN OIL AND GAS JOBS.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by PAQ(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
Statistics - Under graduate

Machine Learning - Post graduate

Data Science/ Analytics Courses - Professional certification

Do these 3 & you will never suffer. If i was your age and had the knowledge i have today, this is what i would have done.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by akseph1: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
Go for physics or chemical engineering and you can transfer in 200 level to computer science.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by fxexperts: 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
Op please dont take a decision base on advice you get from this public forum, because a lot of people do not know what they are a saying here.
factcheckmmm:
Your computer science is okay

Chemical engineering I heard is a tough course

Meanwhile agric engineering has more opportunity when seeking for job than a narrow chemical engineering, with agric engineering you can further study and get your self employed in companies that employs more of chemical engineering

As for statistics, I don't know

So my conclusions

First computer science (it has more advantage iin this present time)

Second agric engineering (it covers more ground than the rest in terms of employment)

Chem statistics is up to you
I cannot imagine how someone will say Chemical Engineering is narrow. Bro, do you know what you are saying. and you are saying Agric engineering is more broad than Chemical Engineering, I laugh at you guys. for your info man I studied Chemical Engineering and I can tell you, process engineering, Agric Engineering, Petroleum and some part of material engineering are all under Chemical Engineering. As a matter of fact, Chemical Engineering is too broad and don't ever call it narrow again.

Jashub:
You are seriously delusional . Any fool can read chemical engineering and make first class ...just know how to cram heat and mass transfer equations and you are good to go. As for transport phenomena , when did you see that application? Let me guess , in the velocity of writing papers in an office abi? grin

And by the way, all my mates who graduated with me are not working in the chemical industry, rather they are in things that are totally unrelated to engineering. Which just goes to show that chemical engineering is a waste of time and intelligence.

Lastly, you and I both know you did not get your job on merit ,rather you got it based on corrupt connections in Nigeria. So enjoy the dividends of the corrupt way of life in 9ja . grin

P.S: Over 100 people have agreed that chemical engineering is a waste of time and intelligence , and you cannot say those people will waste their time in being as stupid as you . grin
This guy is truly a big joke. Just say you were too clueless. because if you opened your mind to study you will not come out to spill this trash from your mouth. Those friends of yours do not know the course they studied.
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by lereinter(m): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
Oga do statistics
Re: Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) by Jashub: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
fxexperts:
Op please take a decision base on advice you get from this public forum, because a lot of people do not know what they are a saying here.
I cannot imagine how someone will say Chemical Engineering is narrow. Bro, do you know what you are saying. and you are saying Agric engineering is more broad than Chemical Engineering, I laugh at you guys. for your info man I studied Chemical Engineering and I can tell you, process engineering, Agric Engineering, Petroleum and some part of material engineering are all under Chemical Engineering. As a matter of fact, Chemical Engineering is too broad and don't ever call it narrow again.

This guy is truly a big joke. Just say you were too clueless. because if you opened your mind to study you will not come out to spill this trash from your mouth. Those friends of yours do not know the course they studied.

Shut up idioť. The job you got was through shady connections....and I can bet my last dime that what you are doing in the office isn't related to chemical engineering in anyway grin

Stop misleading people into outdated engineering sciences that don't have value in their societies . Had it been you made mention of computer science or computer engineering I would have reason with you a bit , but you claiming chemical engineering is still valuable in this era means you must be suffering from strong delusions that are based on lies and deception grin

Lastly, agric engineering is far broader than chemical engineering (quote me anywhere). When I was in my undergraduate program , I remember my guys in agricultural engineering and they were doing courses in civil , electrical , mechanical and chemical engineering , so what are you saying ? They even took advance topics in heat and mass transfer ,
Prandlt number , Reynolds number ,Laminar flow and Turbulent flow , Reflux ratios and material balances . And their experiences in those section was on par with what we in chemical engineering were doing . So close your mouth were agric Engineers dey .. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session / Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience / ABU Zaria Dam: A Nairalander Goes On A Private Excursion (Pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.