Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience (27245 Views)

Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Have You Ever Cheat(Carry Expo) In School Exams Before? Share!!! / Jamb Deducted 100marks Because I Was Caught With Expo On CCTV Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by waywardpikin: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Let me start by saying that I graduated with a cgpa of 4.09. I'd always been an As and Bs student. Wasn't the most serious but when exams come around I can read the entire note and finish an entire textbook. People in my department always wondered how I did it. Some thought I used to sort lecturers cos I was hardly in class. The only secret was that I partied hard, and read only when it mattered.

The day I was caught with expo was in the second semester of my final year. Our timetable was so jumbled up that some core courses were put together back to back (una sabi as some timetable dey sabi useless). After I finished the exam for that evening by 5pm, I discovered that the next paper was in the morning of the following day. I tried to read the paper but mehn the whole thing just seemed like Greek. Nothing seemed to enter my head. The numerous calculations were threatening to break my head and the owu wey dey knack the son of man that period no get one single joy. It was also the last paper for the semester so, low motivation. That was how the devil whispered to my ears:

'Wayward pikin, tidy expo na! Do am the way you dey do am those days for 100 level.'

'But I no get mind again like those days. This thing fit fail me o,' I replied.

'Oga don't dull yourself na final year you dey. Nothing dey happen,' the devil retorted.

It was the easier option anyway so I tidied my expo. Packed a whole notebook into one tiny sheet of paper.

The next day na so I dey offload my expo into my answer sheet. My heart was racing 'gbugum gbugum gbugum' but I was confident that if I could download my expo into my answer sheet I was guaranteed an A in a 3 unit course.

All of a sudden an invigilator walked up to me and said, 'Pass me your answer sheet.' I passed my answer sheet to him and expertly slid my expo between my question paper.

The invigilator went through my answer sheet with a puzzled expression on his face and then asked me to pass my question paper. I passed my question paper to him and expertly slid my expo to the floor and stepped on it with my timberland boot. The invigilator went through my question paper with a puzzled expression on his face and then asked me to stand up.

As e come b like say water don dey pass garri, I start to dey cut am eye say make he calm down na. Why him blood too dey hot? With my eyes and a low tone I begged him, 'Please sir... Please sir...'

Na so him voice come increase say, 'I SAID YOU SHOULD STAND UP YOUNG MAN!'

At this point other students were looking in our direction. It seemed like the devil had chosen today of all days to disgrace me. Last paper of my final year exams. What manner of fvckery is this?

'Bros abeg na,' I begged with all the pity I could muster.

'I said STAND UP!!!'

At this point I started weighing my options, as e don dey be like say devil wan use this man to spoil my career. And that was when I did the unthinkable.

With the speed of light, I reached for my expo and stuck the thing in my mouth. Na so the invigilator jump on top chair like Jackie Chan con grab my throat so I no go fit to swallow am.

'Spit it out! I say spit it out!!'

For where. Shey dem dey teach monkey how to jump tree? I swallowed the God-damned thing, next thing I knew the invigilator landed me a very hot slap. As e be say I don confiscate the evidence, that was all I needed. I pushed him off me and turned to face him with ferocity of Sango, Thor and Amadioha combined.

'You slapped me! Why would you slap me? What did I do? How dare you?' I boiled, pointing my fingers in his face because if you touch lecturer dem fit expel you ooo.

'What did you do? You brought expo into an exam hall!'

'Which expo? Did you see me with anything? Why would you slap me?' At this point I was holding my answer sheet and question paper as well as my school recepit and ID card. He tried to collect it from me but I slapped his hand away.

'Oh, you think you're smart? Mr Patrick, come please.'

Mr Patrick came over, a man that didn't take me any course but knew me very well. I was always respectful and greeted him all the time.

'Yes what is it?'

'This boy brought expo to the exam hall.'

'What? You brought expo?'

'No sir I didn't bring anything. I was busy writing my exams next thing I knew this man came here and started harassing me. Next thing I knew he slapped me,' I said, turning to face my assailant with even more anger in my face, 'Why would you slap me?'

'You mean you have the guts to lie to me to my face? Something that you swallowed. I will deal with you today!'

'What swallow? Did you anything in my mouth?' I opened my mouth for all to see.

The speed with which Mr Patrick ran to get exam malpractice form still dey shock me till today. He didn't walk o. HE RAN. As if he had been praying for this day to come. Someone that I thought was my friend lol. I hate him till tomorrow and I never greeted him after that incident. He came back with the form but none of them could get me to sign that form because once you've signed it you have implicated yourself which in my school (don't ask, won't tell) could lead to a fine as high as N70,000 and also expulsion. They all kept trying to collect my answer sheet and receipt and ID card but the way I hold am tight ehn, you go know say na my life I dey fight for.

As I don enter devil trap I might as well fight my way out of it.

'He didn't carry any expo na. Leave him alone!'

'Why would you slap him?'

'Leave him, he's innocent!'

Shouts of support rented the exam hall, it didn't matter that half the students in the exam hall witnessed me swallowing the evidence. Eventually they called the school security to come bundle me and lock me up. When the security detail arrived and they saw me, their hands fall. They were people I knew and I used to tip them and buy them drinks every now and then. Besides, I wasn't the kind of guy that causes trouble.

Anyway I wasn't allowed to write the exam again, and that was how I quickly boarded a shuttle bus back to my off campus apartment before any more stories that touch comes into play. To say that I was embarrassed and pained by everything that happened is saying the least, but I am thankful that I had the good sense to not fill the exam malpractice form. When the results came out, that particular course showed up as a missing script.

That incident cost me an extra semester in uni which I would just approximate to an extra year. It wasn't funny but now I can laugh lol.

Over to you guys. Have you ever been caught with expo before?

#Wayward Pikin

CC seun lalasticlala Fynestboi Richiez olawalebabs

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Fynestboi: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
I can't believe I read all. grin grin

Funny

25 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Affable0709(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
I'm in that school of thought that says Expos are for weak minds..

Why don't you try something more challenging like being honest.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by waywardpikin: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fynestboi:
Funny
Trust me it wasn't funny that day at all.
You go dey feel say dem no fit catch you - until they do.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Earth2Metahuman: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
cool story. grin
i always carry but i didnt get caught sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by kellz0(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
choi.. M cominq
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by UrWorstNitemare: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
OP pulizz wat iz Expo
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by waywardpikin: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
cool story. grin

i always carry but i didnt get caught sha.

I was a pro in my 100 level days. Then I decided the follow the narrow and righteous path from 200 level till 400 level until I decided to try again and got caught.

I swear na devil handwork lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by buharisbae(f): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lol mine was when I was in secondary school I carried expo for my biology (due to diagram and labelling) it was my 1st term exam in ss2 and I hate cramming the labelling part of biology so on a faithful morning I read my biology note back and forth I prepared for the exam as I got to the exam hall I slid the paper inside my stockings I went to the middle of the hall where u won't be suspected That much so as we settle for the exam then the invigilator enters (our Yoruba teacher) God that woman is mean and heartless! angry I hated her ryt from ss1 so since I Dont relate with her I said I Dont really have a problem so I did all my objectives and theory aspect remaining the diagram part as I brought out the paper I put it under mY skirt I already drew the plant cell and labelled so it remained the animal cell so I was drawing the animal cell my mind was sweeting me as I was expecting my A grin (This witch looking woman has an eagle eyes ) I was covered by many people and its hard to get in the middle as I looked up the woman was pressing phone I was like ahhh thank God! as I looked down at my paper to continue 10secs later the woman just came direct to me and said "wow u must be intelligent this exam that is giving people sleepless night" mumu like me just smile the next thing the woman change face and said isn't that ur money that fell at ur back as I turned my neck to look the woman just dragged the paper from my laps (I have never felt so embarased in my life) I was trynna explain the woman no gree! angry I tod her I wasn't feeling too well and that's not how I do chaii Yoruba women gat no chill naaso she dragme outta my seàt she threatened to disgrace me on the assembly ground I beg tire! this woman called me names "fyn girl like u no brain" "oloriburuku" she was screaming like I snatched her husband later she lay me down flogged my ass (the medium one I was flexing grin) she then tore my paper and told me to stat again. chaii I had only 15 mins to finish But I Sha finish after I came out of the hall I saw people looking at me I felt like stabbing them to death then my friend came to tell me sorry I felt the wall should swallow me I said I will never carry expo in my life again

but i still carry my first as usual cheesy

I was still made a prefect and I never had issue again in ss school

THE END

(story not really complete but my hand is paining me tongue) and sorry for my typo I still dey vex over the issue angry

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by buharisbae(f): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fynestboi:
Funny
move to FP I shared mine above let's hear others grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by waywardpikin: 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
buharisbae (in this harsh economy) your experience is really funny, hope you have repented sha?
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by waywardpikin: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
TEAM BOMB SQUAD

Repping grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by bawz012(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
Coming thru
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by McJane(f): 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
I was a good girl back then in school grin

how many likes for me! tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Aviero: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
I was the laziest student in the world. Expo nearly destroyed my life.

I always had this feeling that I was invisible and fvcking smart, until the day I met my doom! grin

I was in 300L in one of the Federal Universities in the North, '06. It was the second to last paper of our semester exams. As usual, I arranged my choco, grin I no know say Satan don plan me. I started well, I had almost finished oh, only God knew why I brought the shiit out again, and only God knew why my HOD entered that very minute, and up till this very moment, I don't know how he saw me.

There was no kind of begging I didn't beg. Wetin I wan tell my people for house? People wey dey wait make I finish..

cry See ehn, the following weeks and months was hell on Earth for me..

Long story short, I left the school before they expelled me. That was when life started to turn upside now. grin But God bless my mother for me. smiley

Naso I waste nearly 5 years of my life.. until I re-entered school in '11

A split-second of error nearly cost me my life.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by sod09(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
Almost !!! Just almost
Den I gave myself out cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Propene: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
funny post
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Lol. I was caught the first and only time I tried it, way back in SS1.

Due to my pathological hatred for mathematics, I copied down some formulas on a piece of paper and took it into the test venue (mid-term test), but guilty conscience no gree me compose myself. I was so fidgety and scared that I drew my maths teacher to me like a magnet.

Eyeing me suspiciously, Mr Aghedo bent down, dipped his hand into my desk, fiddled around and drew out the paper. embarassed

Waving it like a sword, he said sternly "Ishilove, minus 5!" angry

Oh gosh, I was mortified. The humiliation was so much because everyone was laughing sad cry

At the end of the day I got 3/20. The man find 5 to minus e no see so he kukuma leave the 3 for me like that grin grin grin

That embarrassing incident marked the end of my very brief foray into criminality.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Aviero: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Affable0709:
I'm in that school of thought that says Expos are for weak minds..
Weak minds can't do expo

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by nlanded: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
A minute...
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by tzoracle: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
Yh!

Once certain time I was writing this chem course,I had written enough for a B, but as is always the case oliver must want some more. A girl had brought in the chips and as I was about to even check whether twas correct I just heard , hey! U there stand up. O boy my heart don go, I dn dy visualise myself dy visualise senate and rustication. Later begged d man and he let me go.

Another time my whole dept had nothing less than a B in a general math course ,d chief invigilator had left leaving us with a secuirity personnel, we quickly agreed terms with him and the rest is history grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
what's 'EXPO' haven't heard of it before embarassed undecided embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Princenady(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pride never allowed me use expo or sort all through my school days. Still had my 2-1 comfortably.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by CharlieMaria(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
*Spreads mat*
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by HRich(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Eleniyan15: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
am coming
finally them release me and Berlyn from long ban
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by Funjosh(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by DAVE41(m): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by justicejay(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
Carry expo ke, I have neva try am. I don't get the mind, I will be shevring.... Though I can whisper in exam hall.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by HRich(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
Buhari can never deny he haven't been caught before

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Caught With Expo Before? Share Your Experience by MidasTouche01(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
When the devil is ready to deal with u, all he needs is just a excuse

I was an average student when I was in school, never topped the class by never below the top 5, I am very bold when it comes to checking google during a test when I have the chance but during exams I usually lose all the wits..

Na so we were doing 1st Year second semester exams and one of my friends just became a church papa and said he won't be joining our formations again, so me and the other 4 guys sat and wrote our English paper, and na so on if them say make I write the oral transcription on the answer paper for him and I did and we changed papers (first time I will be doing it) but when we want to change the questions back, I collected my paper but the guy didn't collect his na so I had one question paper extra.... we wrote the remaining paper in silence with no chance to return the paper...
after finishing the papers na so I say make I look back at my papa guy and ask how far with his papers o, na so d man just grab me (he has been always warning me in his classes before saying as the VP of the department, I should be a good example to other students), the man just collect my question paper and saw that there is an extra one, he grilled me to tell me who own it but I refused, I was just begging him "sorry sir"

Na so he go grabbed the malpractice form and said either I restart or he fill the form, restart Ke? When it's just 5mins to end of the paper.... I begged begged begged, the whole class begged, he filled the form o, but I didn't sign until he carried me to the HOD and I was forced to sign...

I got the letter of invitation to face panel that same day and I faced the panel the second day, but thanks that we have erased what we wrote on the paper before we were caught and to my really good first semester result and the courage I had to face the panel, so I just adopted the story that the paper fell down and I was trying to return it to the owner before I was caught an the man never listened to my explanation..

To cut the long story short, my existing result saved me but I redid the exam thankfully it wasn't the first semester of the second year it would have been an extra year.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session / ABU Zaria Dam: A Nairalander Goes On A Private Excursion (Pictures Included) / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.