Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,806 members, 7,862,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Heartbreaking Start To 2023 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Heartbreaking Start To 2023 (461 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Get Hired From Start To Finish In A Multinational Compa / Get Paid N30,000 For A Start To Work At 9th Mile, Enugu. No Degrees Required / Regret Mail Or Unending Silence(no Feedback)? Which Is More Heartbreaking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbreaking Start To 2023 by IyaTola: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2023
Amazon laid off - 18000 employees
Google laid off - 12000 employee
Wayfair laid off - 1750 employees
Microsoft laid off - 10000 employees
Meta laid off - 13000 employees
Twitter laid off - 90% + employees

Heartbreaking start of 2023…

Even after spending 21-25 years at Google,12000 employees were laid off.

Finally it seems to be a joke over Loyalty . No company is your Home or Family. Stop Glorifying your company and its work culture. Work for money and just move on.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Start To 2023 by sterlingD(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2023
I was shocked when l saw it in the news.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Start To 2023 by IyaTola: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2023
Don't just QUIT your JOB the moment someone offers you a better salary.

Research your new boss, the people and the culture.

No amount of money can compensate for a toxic work culture.

The truth is, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I learned this the hard way.

If an organization has a high turnover rate, or there are always vacancies for the same position.

Agree?
sterlingD:
I was shocked when l saw it in the news.
it will hit Nigeria soon
Re: Heartbreaking Start To 2023 by Klass99(f): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Start To 2023 by GloriousGbola: 8:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Klass99:
Iyatola, are these stats accurate? Am I seeing 10,000 for Microsoft alone?

Google even has a higher count. I thought someone said on a different thread that Google doesn't lay off people, it's like some people just say stuff they know nothing about.

Las las the tech industry noise will fade, like it was with the oil & gas industry.

Na for you youngies

We saw all this in the 2000s when the dotcom boom went bust. That time anything could be dot.com.

The reality about this to me sha is tech companies caving into quarterly earnings nonsense and following the lead set by Zuckerberg who completly fked up Facebook with his meta bs. Now everyone in the industry has to also lay off to please investors

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Start To 2023 by IyaTola: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
Super accurate
Klass99:
Iyatola, are these stats accurate? Am I seeing 10,000 for Microsoft alone?

Google even has a higher count. I thought someone said on a different thread that Google doesn't lay off people, it's like some people just say stuff they know nothing about.

Las las the tech industry noise will fade, like it was with the oil & gas industry.

(1) (Reply)

. / See Latest Job Vacancies In Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Oyo Others / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.