Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,226 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead (54508 Views)

Ikonne: Abia PDP Can Conduct Fresh Primary – INEC / Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) / Presidency: Consensus Candidate Is Rubbish, Deceptive –Wike Blasts Saraki, Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by EngrKemp: 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
flejnr2:

Na lie 2nd runner takes over because there was a valid primaries
Pls where is Don lulu from in Abia?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Osobi32(m): 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
From the look of things, I think Abia is about to be liberated from the shackles of tyranny.

1 Like

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by hardbody: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2023
Zulum500:

The guy don murder you... I see the BP grin

Ignored with Ignominy. Next....
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by AdaojoTheUrchin: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2023
End of the road for T.A Orji and sons enterprises in Abia state.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by 123yes(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ojiofor:

Where is your source?
There is an unseen hands killing PDP stewards in ABIA STATE. FORMER PDP chairman Abia state died less than 2 months ago. A vibrant young man, A billionaire, owner NKOYO group of pharmaceutical company died after a brief illness. He was presently PDP coordinator umunneochi LGA. HE WILL be buried on the third of February 2023. GOVERNORSHIP aspirant also dying from the same PDP shows that something is wrong some where. Just me thinking aloud.[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/size][size=8pt][/font][img][/img][sub][/sub][url][/url][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Elijahnonso1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
It's a terrible incedent. A huge loss to the family. A win for the opposition.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by 123yes(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ojiofor:

Where is your source?
There is an unseen hands killing PDP stewards in ABIA STATE. FORMER PDP chairman Abia state died less than 2 months ago. A vibrant young man, A billionaire, owner NKOYO group of pharmaceutical company died after a brief illness. He was presently PDP coordinator umunneochi LGA. HE WILL be buried on the third of February 2023. GOVERNORSHIP aspirant also dying from the same PDP shows that something is wrong some where. Just me thinking aloud.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by demoBaba: 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2023
spencekat:
If a candidate for an executive position dies, their running mate becomes the head of the ticket. They simply step up and appoint their own running mate.

I don't think so...the primary election mandate doesn't covered the running mate, what will happen is that, the person that came second at the primary election will become governorship candidate. Like what happened in Kogi State between Yahaya Bello and Faleke.

1 Like

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Chukazu: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
flejnr2:

Na lie 2nd runner takes over because there was a valid primaries

Are you the one that conducted the primaries?

The Kangaroo primaries still in Court?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Zulum500: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
hardbody:

Ignored with Ignominy. Next....
😋🤣🤣
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2023
fergie001:

A bye-election will be conducted within 14 days involving persons who participated in the initial primary. His Deputy didn't and therefore has no stake in it.
flejnr2
True. But the scenario I'm considering is if the election already held and he had been declared winner before his death. The deputy will be sworn in as govnor not so?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by TinubuDeDrugLor: 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
ERockson:
Rest in peace Sir! I ve learnt not no mock the sick ones or wish people dead. Buhari's health condition and life has thought me a big lesson.

Another lesson for those mocking Tinubu

Tinubu will never be President of Nigeria.

Tinubu is just deceiving his gullible urchins, he knows he has lost the election.

The foolish man who was cursing Igbo is now kneeling down with his son to beg the same Igbo's.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by legba1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
The runner up in the party primaries becomes the flag bearer. The deputy designate is the main looser here as the new man may just decided not to use him. Kogi state case is a refrence here.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by neztar: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2023
Elderniercri:

The deputy becomes the candidate and he would pick a new deputy.
According to the new electoral law, they can’t do another primaries as it’s too close to elections.

Other fellows here can correct me if I’m wrong
mumu what happened to yahya bello?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by OVB123: 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
LearnedsConcept:
question, who replaces him?
What this death mean is that PDP doesn't gubernatorial flagbearer in forthcoming governorship election in abia state.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by spencekat(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
Chukazu:

What nonsense deputy...who knows him?
Barr.Okey Igwe was a local chairman and member 7th state house of Assembly.

1 Like

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by ERockson: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Tinubu will never be President of Nigeria.

Tinubu is just deceiving his gullible urchins, he knows he has lost the election.

The foolish man who was cursing Igbo is now kneeling down with his son to beg the same Igbo's.
Then who is going to be the president come next month...Obi or Atiku?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by spencekat(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
EngrKemp:

Pls where is Don lulu from in Abia?
Umuahia North LGA
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by BennyDGreat: 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
spencekat:
If a candidate for an executive position dies, their running mate becomes the head of the ticket. They simply step up and appoint their own running mate.

That's wrong
This happened in the case of Kogi.
Supreme court ruled that the one who came second in primary would take the ticket

I have been corrected on this by sirpharrell.
I checked and it was amended in 2022 to give the deputy of the contestant the ticket
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by VIKTO83(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
Thought they said before that this man is hood and healthy.
Politicians nawa ooo.
U learn to lie first before anything.
RIP to him.
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by EngrKemp: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
stanleyravos:
Lucky Igbokwe came second at the primary he automatic become the flag bearer
Lucky igbokwe is from where in Abia?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Emmanuel909090: 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
Rest on sir
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Roniyke1234: 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
Indispensable85:

Fresh primary

No

The second in the primary since he has not won the main election. If he died after the election, his duty would have taken over by then
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Roniyke1234: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
Indispensable85:

There'll be fresh primary

No

The 2nd place at the primary will take over...
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by spencekat(m): 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
BennyDGreat:

That's wrong.
Supreme court ruled that the one who came second in primary would take the ticket
Verdict for pre or post election?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by sirpharrell(m): 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
BennyDGreat:

That's wrong.

Why don't you simply read the new electoral act instead of wallowing in ignorance. It's disheartening seeing young people refusing to read but come online everyday to spread fake information, claiming they are knowledgeable.

The guy is right. The running mate takes over. Go and read section 34 of the Electoral Act 2022. Read, young man, Read.

1 Like

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Why are nigerian politicians dying? The fear of Obi is giving them heart attack. grin
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Minjim: 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
Lifeemetu:
How true is this news.
But on a serious note, how did PDP settle with such a old man.
If the man is really dead, does it mean Abia State is to be librated from Tyranny.

Now, the race has been narrowed down
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Iykoto86(m): 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Workch:
There's no stopping Alex Otti now
whic party is alex otti in?
Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Elderniercri(m): 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
neztar:
mumu what happened to yahya bello?
I could have gone your way but I’m not sure I want to play in the mud.
Just for educational purpose, there’s a new electoral law signed in 2022 by your president, which means what happened in 2016 can’t repeat itself again.
In 2016, there’s no law dealing with death of a candidate before being sworn in so APC just did what they have to do with that grey area, now there’s a law that’s specific about death of a candidate.
If it’s 60 days before elections, a new primaries would be conducted, if it’s after that the deputy takes over.

Again…apart from this guy, any learned fellow can correct me if I’m wrong…respectfully please

1 Like

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Workch: 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Iykoto86:
whic party is alex otti in?
LP

1 Like

Re: Ikonne, Abia PDP Governorship Candidate, Is Dead by Zulum500: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
Why are nigerian politicians dying? The fear of Obi is giving them heart attack. grin
Next month you go cry 🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Huge Python, Pose With It (Photos) / Buhari Fires Board Heads Of NCC, NIPOST, NITDA, Others; Makes New Appointments / IPOB Member Beaten Up By Anambra Voters when trying to disrupt election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.