Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! (1061 Views)

Allah, A God That Named His Prophets After Another God / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Yahweh only swears and takes oaths in his own name. The reason why Yahweh does this is because there is no one, or nothing, greater for him to swear by.

"I swear by Myself, says the LORD." Jeremiah 22:5

"For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself." Hebrews 6:13

Scriptures also warn against swearing by other gods:
"Therefore, be very strong to keep and to do all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, turning aside from it neither to the right hand nor to the left, that you may not mix with these nations remaining among you or make mention of the names of their gods or swear by them or serve them or bow down to them," Joshua 23:7

Muhammad also mentioned that swearing should be only in the name of Allah:

Narrated 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "If anybody has to take an oath, he should swear ONLY by Allah." The people of Quraish used to swear by their fathers, but the Prophet said, "Do not swear by your fathers." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 177)

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not swear by your fathers, or by your mothers, or by rivals to Allah; and swear by Allah ONLY, and swear by Allah only when you are speaking the truth. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 21, Number 3242)

However Allah swore by another Lord:

”So I swear by the Lord of Easts and Wests that indeed We are able”
-Quran 70:40
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by susrite(m): 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
Let me sit here...im smelling vawulence responses
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by harqinhola(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
advocatejare:
Yahweh only swears and takes oaths in his own name. The reason why Yahweh does this is because there is no one, or nothing, greater for him to swear by.

"Therefore, be very strong to keep and to do all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, turning aside from it neither to the right hand nor to the left, that you may not mix with these nations remaining among you or make mention of the names of their gods or swear by them or serve them or bow down to them," Joshua 23:7

Fact check

Quran 70 v40

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
Apart from the Lord of the East and West, Allah also swore by other things:

I swear by the Quran full of wisdom Quran 36:2

I swear by those who draw themselves out in ranks Quran 37:1

I swear by the wind that scatters far and wide, Quran 51:1

I swear by the heaven full of ways. Quran 51:7

I swear by the Mountain, Quran 52:1

I swear by the star when it goes down. Quran 53:1

But nay! I swear by the falling of stars; Quran 56:75

Noon. I swear by the pen and what the angels write Quran 68:1

But nay! I swear by that which you see, Quran 69:38

Nay; I swear by the moon Quran 74:32

Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection. Nay, I swear by the self accusing soul, that the Day of Judgment is a certainty. Quran 75:1-2

I swear by the emissary winds, sent one after another (for men's benefit), Quran 77:1

Then I swear by the angels who bring down the revelation, Quran 77:5

But nay! I swear by the stars, Quran 81:15

But nay! I swear by the sunset redness, Quran 84:16

I swear by the daybreak, Quran 89:1

Nay! I swear by this city Quran 90:1

I swear by the sun and its brilliance Quran 91:1

I swear by the night when it draws a veil, Quran 92:1

I swear by the fig and the olive, and mount Sinai, And this city made secure, Quran 95:1-3

I swear by the runners breathing pantingly Quran 100:1

I swear by the time, Quran 103:1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
harqinhola:

Fact check

Quran 70 v40

Where did Allah say “I am Allah, the Lord of the Easts and Wests”?

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
susrite:
Let me sit here...im smelling vawulence responses
grin

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by MightySparrow: 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2023
advocatejare:

Like Allah is not sure of himself.

Or

Oaths are taken in the name of a superior being. Allah is swearing in the name of his superiors.

3 Likes

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
MightySparrow:

Like Allah is not sure of himself.
Of course, Allah knows that there is a superior God

Or

Oaths are taken in the name of a superior being. Allah is swearing in the name of his superiors.
All those entities are superior to Allah!

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
We won't see them here as usual..

Their god and his angels even pray for muhammad

Quran 33:56

Verily, Allah and His angels pray (yusalloona) for the prophet. O ye who believe! Pray for him (salloo) and salute him with a salutation!'

Who does allah pray to?
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
harqinhola:
Fact check
Quran 70 v40
The words east and west used because the sun rises and sets a a new angle every year means Allah swore by himself? How? undecided
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by TenQ: 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
advocatejare:

Antichristian and LegalWolf will pretend not to see this

Nay! I swear by the day of resurrection. Nay, I swear by the self accusing soul, that the Day of Judgment is a certainty. Quran 75:1-2

I swear by the emissary winds, sent one after another (for men's benefit), Quran 77:1

I swear by the fig and the olive, and mount Sinai, And this city made secure, Quran 95:1-3

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2023
TenQ:

Antichristian and LegalWolf will pretend not to see this

They are hiding in shame seeing how Allah is swearing with everything up and down!

2 Likes

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
advocatejare:

They are hiding in shame seeing how Allah is swearing with everything up and down!

This is one of the things your God can't do!

Allah swears by whatever He wishes to swear with!

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
AntiChristian:

This is one of the things your God can't do!

Allah swears by whatever He wishes to swear with!
You can only swear by something that is greater than you or your own self, Allah swearing by everything means that those things are greater than him!

2 Likes

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 5:36am On Jan 27, 2023
advocatejare:

You can only swear by something that is greater than you or your own self, Allah swearing by everything means that those things are greater than him!

That one na your Bible o!
We Muslims swear by Allah alone. Allah swear by whatever He wills.

Allah swears by Himself. Does that mean He's greater than Himself?

This is one of the limitations of God in Christianity!

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

You can swear by yourself and any other thing greater than you!

Clearly all those things allah swear with are greater than him
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
advocatejare:

You can swear by yourself and any other thing greater than you!

Clearly all those things allah swear with are greater than him

Says who?

Your believe in God is limited. Your God can get son but can't swear?

"What God can not do does not exist" lies!
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2023
advocatejare:

But your God can do all things. Why claim he can't swear by those things beneath Him?

But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

For nothing will be impossible with God.”
Luke 1:37

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”
Mark 10:27
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

Says who?

Your believe in God is limited. Your God can get son but can't swear?

"What God can not do does not exist" lies!
Yahweh swore with His own name because there is no one greater than Him but Allah swears by moon, stars, pen, people because those are greater than him
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2023
advocatejare:

Yahweh swore with His own name because there is no one greater than Him but Allah swears by moon, stars, pen, people because those are greater than him

Can Yahweh swear with anything else?
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

Can Allah have a son without a consort?
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by collacon1: 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
You can always use the Islamic prayers to defend yourself from anyone's evil eye.
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
collacon1:
You can always use the Islamic prayers to defend yourself from anyone's evil eye.
Have you forgotten that Magic worked on muhammad inspite of all his Islamic prayers
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by MightySparrow: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

Allah swears by Himself. Does that mean He's greater than Himself?

This is one of the limitations of God in Christianity!

You have not answered why Allah swore by many things. Just explain please
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by FxMasterz: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2023
advocatejare:

This particular verse tells us Allah's location. If Allah were to be in heaven, then, he would have said, 'I swear by the angels who take down the revelation',- taking it down from heaven to earth (if he would at all swear by angels), but instead:

"Then I swear by the angels who bring down the revelation," Quran 77:5

If the 'down' where the revelation was brought is not heaven but earth, then, Allah is on earth. Hahahaha!

The demon called allah is exposed.

CC: TenQ

3 Likes

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by FxMasterz: 9:12am On Jan 28, 2023
harqinhola:

Fact check

Quran 70 v40

If what those blogs said is true, it means that anyone who swears by the Lord of the East and West is Allah. Hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 9:46am On Jan 28, 2023
FxMasterz:

This particular verse tells us Allah's location. If Allah were to be in heaven, then, he would have said, 'I swear by the angels who take down the revelation',- taking it down from heaven to earth (if he would at all swear by angels), but instead:

"Then I swear by the angels who bring down the revelation," Quran 77:5

If the 'down' where the revelation was brought is not heaven but earth, then, Allah is on earth. Hahahaha!

The demon called allah is exposed.

CC: TenQ

You are right.

AntiChristian come and see this

1 Like

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2023
AntiChristian:

Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 10:50am On Jan 28, 2023
advocatejare:

Answer my question first and i will yours!
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 11:17am On Jan 28, 2023
MightySparrow:

You have not answered why Allah swore by many things. Just explain please

Because He's capable of doing all things!

Can you tell us why you believe God can't swear by the things He created? Any Bible verse?
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by AntiChristian: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2023
advocatejare:

You are right.

AntiChristian come and see this

So?
Re: Allah, A God That Swears By Different Things! by advocatejare(m): 1:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
AntiChristian:

Answer my question first and i will yours!
Yahweh can’t swear with anything else other than His Name because there is nothing greater than Him and His Name!

Now answer my own question:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mark Of The Beast In The Bible V.S The Quran. / Happy Christmas To All Nairalanders! / Power Packed Programme @ Rccg Green Pasture Parish Ojodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.