Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? (12184 Views)

ADELE Gets THIN SHAMED For Loosing 100 Pounds Of Her Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by cadet222(m): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Body shaming is not limited to the female folks alone. This a misconception most people have. Guys are also body shamed.
For me I have a pointed kind of ear and I was body shamed about it. This is so bad that up till now I don't like taking photos because of the way people has body shamed me.

We should be careful how we talk about body parts of people because it carries with it damages that takes time to heal.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by God1000(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2023
People that body shame others are the most insensitive and stupid.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Blake755: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2023
Of course people will always talk

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by chatinent: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Nothing can depress me.

You tell me I look like this or that and expecting me to be sad...and you see me smiling. You try trolling, I see jokes. You try insult, I read its literature. You try mockery, I see low esteem. You try oppress, I see inferiority complex and seeking validation. You try jealousy or envy, I avoid you.

πŸ™‚

I'm auto-happy.

Long life is the goal.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by olamidedivotee(f): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2023
Several times.

Some people used to tell me my head is very small. But I turned deaf ear to them.

I didn't create myself, only my creator knows the best.

In case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contact detail.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by GuyFawkes7: 7:47am On Jan 26, 2023
Yes oooo yes several times...I have knock knees,Nigerians call it k-leg🀣.I've been mocked and body shamed severally on many occasions.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by tayo60(f): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2023
I don't give a Bleep to whatsoever anyone calls me

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by henndukwe18: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2023
They used to say I have a flat ass and ironed chest

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 26, 2023
Just make money and people will like everything they see on/about you.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Silentgroper(m): 10:08am On Jan 26, 2023
Yeah .. I used to be plus sized too ...

But sapa catch me and made me hunked tongue

😜😜😜

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Truvelisback(m): 10:35am On Jan 26, 2023
I'm salt of words.
Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by fattprince(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2023
I've actually been called ugly but also been called very handsome. Infact people who think I'm handsome are more than the ones that called me ugly so I don't let that bother me now. And when people call me fat I just laugh because later other people will still say I'm not fat. I guess I'm created uniquely to confuse people. If you say I'm not fine you are right and if you still say I'm very fine you still aren't wrong.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by yemzone(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Yes. Some say it openly and some do it subtly. But who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by JOACHINpedro: 11:48am On Jan 26, 2023
olamidedivotee:
Several times.

Some people used to tell me my head is very small. But I turned deaf ear to them.

I didn't create myself, only my creator knows the best.

Now I'm curious to see your head, Small headed ladies look more feminine.
Mind showing me a pic?

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
I was terribly body-shamed and ignored for being lean from both genders. Some called me Alicantra.

That was in the past though as I don fatup. I discover the female folks give me attention now, because in Nigeria being fat is synonymous to having money. But those years I was lean my bank balance was wow.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by marlow1962(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
Happened and still happening till now.
Some people who don’t know me always body shame me because I have a skinny small body status, one gal turned it to insult I had to give her the hardest warning she never got.
I really felt bad that day, but it is well.

I remember the year I went to process my nysc letter in sch, one stupid fresher (100L) look me finish dy ask me when our class they hold, the tin burst my head eh, I get reserve myself if not I for lay curse for em head.

Many gals (till today) dy under rate me cus of say I skinny cun get kinda pikin face. I no be fan of beard, but now I don du keep my beards, make one unfortunate being no go dy reason say I be small pikin cun dy insult em papa.

37 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Victorylab1: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Yes, but I always remain strong
Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by olisefom: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
You occupied two people space already inside maruwa, a space meant for 3 people...you are now complaining of body shaming πŸ˜’. Why didn't you pay for two people instead of squeezing us?

Na joke o

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Libertypro: 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
Not at all, just been money shamed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by vastolord4(m): 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
JOACHINpedro:

Now I'm curious to see your head, Small headed ladies look more feminine.
Mind showing me a pic?

See line.. you go bad gaan

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by anzaku47(m): 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
One lady said am a brief person.
I couldn't cry till today

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by emmanuel596(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Work on your body and the things you eat.... you'll only feel body shamed when you actually knows there's something wrong with your body.

Ps
Unless you have a medical condition that won't allow you work out you have reason to be recklessly fat and obesed
Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by gfelo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
boss thats what make you unique, the most beautiful or handsome people still have flaw when u go closer, try and overcome inferiority complex.
cadet222:
Body shaming is not limited to the female folks alone. This a misconception most people have. Guys are also body shamed.
For me I have a pointed kind of ear and I was body shamed about it. This is so bad that up till now I don't like taking photos because of the way people has body shamed me.

We should be careful how we talk about body parts of people because it carries with it damages that takes time to heal.
Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by LotaTee: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Yes a lot. Slim people dey suffer undeserved verbal abuse for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by adioolayi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
chatinent:
Nothing can depress me.

You tell me I look like this or that and expecting me to be sad...and you see me smiling.

No mind the nonsense Oyinbo culture wey we adopt that is now causing serious troubles for our teens.

Wetin be body shaming years ago When people have nicknames based on their looks and all..and we all bant about it happily... especially in schools and neighborhood.

Nigerians have thrown away their very own old ways of social culture... everything is upside down now..that's why you see the likes of depression, suicide now rampant among teens and young adults.
Very sad.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
When i was younger for being too tall
They thought i was older than my age.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by inoki247: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lol na Wu get low sef esteem body shame dey pain nobody wey dey diz world complete.....

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Eniolohunda: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
God created everybody, nobody made himself/herself. Say no to body shaming.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? by Konjiboii: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
I was always the tall guy amongst my peers from a young age and I was always picked on, fast forward I'm now sort after by women, women tend to chat me up whenever we all hangout and I get more lucky bagging hoes. just live life and everything will eventually fall in place.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Permanent Cure For Asthma / Best Probiotic Supplements In Nigeria / Patients Groan Over Rising Cost Of Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.