Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ (1204 Views)

Again, CBN Raises Import Duty Rate By Another 4.4% In 24 Hours / NURTW Already Lost Lagos, Sacking MC Oluomo After Withdrawal From Union Big Joke / Atiku’s Withdrawal From The Debate Is A Tactical Masterstroke! - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by adecz: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has again effected a downward review of daily cash withdrawal limit on Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) to N20,000 from N100,000 across banks THE WITNESS gathered.

This means that customers will only be able to withdraw a cumulative daily amount of N20,000 from their account(s) across all ATMs irrespective of the bank or the number of accounts they operate.

The new review was communicated to deposit money banks earlier in the week and already took effect from January 23, 2023, sources from some of the banks confirmed to THE WITNESS.

According to the sources, the apex bank also instructed commercial banks to link customers’ bank verification numbers (BVNs) to their ATM cards to ensure that no customer is able to use two or more banks to exceed the N20,000 limit in a day.

Meanwhile, Fidelity Bank has already communicated the new policy to its customers.
In an email message to its customers on Wednesday, the lender said: “Please be informed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has revised its daily cash withdrawal limit on ATM from M100,000 to 20,000 effective 23rd January 2023.

“This means that you will only be able to withdraw a cumulative daily amount of N20,000 from your account across all ATMs irrespective of the bank.”

With the new policy, bank customers will not be able to withdraw more than N20,000 in a day via ATM cards, no matter the number of banks accounts they operate across different banks as such can be tracked through their BVN.

Details @

https://witnessngr.com/cbn-reviews-cummulative-daily-withdrawal-limit-on-atms-from-n100000-to-n20000/

I personally think that this man is
punishing the public to cover his own
failure in making enough new currency
available.

He came up with currency change and
instead of staying to supervise a successful
launch of the exercise, he took off
for a one month frolic abroad. He has
now come back and sees the imminent
failure and is now employing fire brigade.🚒🚒🚒

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Malory: 9:07am On Jan 26, 2023
At this rate Thiefnubbu might commit suicide before the election day. This time Nigerians are expecting him to go physical on Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2023
adecz:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has again effected a downward review of daily cash withdrawal limit on Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) to N20,000 from N100,000 across banks THE WITNESS gathered.

This means that customers will only be able to withdraw a cumulative daily amount of N20,000 from their account(s) across all ATMs irrespective of the bank or the number of accounts they operate.

The new review was communicated to deposit money banks earlier in the week and already took effect from January 23, 2023, sources from some of the banks confirmed to THE WITNESS.

According to the sources, the apex bank also instructed commercial banks to link customers’ bank verification numbers (BVNs) to their ATM cards to ensure that no customer is able to use two or more banks to exceed the N20,000 limit in a day.

Meanwhile, Fidelity Bank has already communicated the new policy to its customers.
In an email message to its customers on Wednesday, the lender said: “Please be informed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has revised its daily cash withdrawal limit on ATM from M100,000 to 20,000 effective 23rd January 2023.

“This means that you will only be able to withdraw a cumulative daily amount of N20,000 from your account across all ATMs irrespective of the bank.”

With the new policy, bank customers will not be able to withdraw more than N20,000 in a day via ATM cards, no matter the number of banks accounts they operate across different banks as such can be tracked through their BVN.

Details @

https://witnessngr.com/cbn-reviews-cummulative-daily-withdrawal-limit-on-atms-from-n100000-to-n20000/

available.

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Spiritmask: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2023
V
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Emmanuella00(f): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2023
There'll be serious problem next week o
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by RenaissanceGuy: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2023
These guys are really out for Tinubu and Atiku gringrin.

1 Like

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Workch: 9:34am On Jan 26, 2023
Emmanuella00:
no problem, we will suffer a little so voter buyers don't get enough funds to spend

1 Like

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by FreeStuffsNG: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2023
This is not really a big deal if we want to be sincere. You can use cashless for your transaction. It is your money but govt wants you to use less cash.
Before now, I have been using less and less cash so the new policy does not affect me. If you can not accept transfer I move to those who accept transfer or payment with my card.

5 Likes

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by adecz: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is not really a big deal if we want to be sincere. You can use cashless for your transaction. It is your money but govt wants you to use less cash.
Before now, I have been using less and less cash so the new policy does not affect me. If you can not accept transfer I move to those who accept transfer or payment with my card.

In our current level, cashless isn't practical
in many everyday situations.
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by FreeStuffsNG: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2023
adecz:

In our current level, cashless isn't practical
in many everyday situations.
Stop misinforming the naive and gullible, even my barber accepts transfer! Setlotto has migrated online and no university still accept cash today. Airtime, EKEDC, Dstv etc bills are paid electronically. Even churches now have channels to pay electronically. It is a big fat lie for anyone to say or suggest all these transactions are not done electronically.

2 Likes

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Siwisheswereesh: 10:08am On Jan 26, 2023
Absolutely senseless!!!

Piiggiiddioootts will be hurting and smiling just because they think it affects Tinubu who is far ahead of the game. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Prudoh(m): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2023
😂Tinubu an Co... Will be stranded now🙈
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Indispensable85(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Fake news!
I stood by a lady that withdrew over 50k yesterday at the ATM. What I noticed was that different Bank cards had their different limits programmed by the banks themselves. It has nothing to do with CBN but the banks. Most banks don't have enough yet, so they programmed the limits in such a way that it can get to more people.
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by iwaeda: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2023
adecz:

Details @

available.

Very true. APC will give you sense by force. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by ThreadManDennis: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Stop misinforming the naive and gullible, even my barber accepts transfer! Setlotto has migrated online and no university still accept cash today. Airtime, EKEDC, Dstv etc bills are paid electronically. Even churches now have channels to pay electronically. It is a big fat lie for anyone to say or suggest all these transactions are not done electronically.
Those market women who go to the bush markets to buy tomatoes, fruits and garri probably do not have electronic banking enabled. They still take cash.
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by adecz: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Go and eat somewhere finish make
network fail your transfer, you go
either collect beating or wash plates.
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Biggeststar01: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Absolutely senseless!!!

Piiggiiddioootts will be hurting and smiling just because they think it affects Tinubu who is far ahead of the game. cheesy

By packing the new naira notes na grin, you already know that tinubu wants to buy votes and that's his only hope😂, keep thinking the dull old man has something up the sleeves of his agbada
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Vickym1(f): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2023
I hope they'll reverse this policy after the election oo
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Kuvasin: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2023
Indispensable85:
Fake news!
I stood by a lady that withdrew over 50k yesterday at the ATM. What I noticed was that different Bank cards had their different limits programmed by the banks themselves. It has nothing to do with CBN but the banks. Most banks don't have enough yet, so they programmed the limits in such a way that it can get to more people.
Oga it's 20k
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Indispensable85(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2023
Kuvasin:
Oga it's 20k

Oga shut up and stop arguing like a fool.
Ibtc and access cards did 40k yesterday evening where I withdrew money, others were doing 20k. MUGU.....
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by beejaay: 11:59am On Jan 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

For the first time you are being truthful.. We should be able to seperate partisanship from patriotism.. Kudos to u sir
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Kuvasin: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Indispensable85:

Oga shut up and stop arguing like a fool.
Ibtc and access cards did 40k yesterday evening where I withdrew money, others were doing 20k. MUGU.....
Oga I use stanbic it's 20k
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by BrokenTV: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Biggeststar01:

By packing the new naira notes na grin, you already know that tinubu wants to buy votes and that's his only hope😂, keep thinking the dull old man has something up the sleeves of his agbada
Leave that guy to be yearning dust.

1 Like

Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Indispensable85(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
Kuvasin:
Oga I use stanbic it's 20k

Sharap diaaa
Stanbic and access did 40k yesterday evening.
Even monie point did 40k yesterday too.
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by sweetonugbu: 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ok
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by onatisi(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
not this week alone , throughout the electioneering months , February to march
Emmanuella00:
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by FarahAideed: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
So how is his new Naira going to circulate before end of the month
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Kuvasin: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
Indispensable85:

Sharap diaaa
Stanbic and access did 40k yesterday evening.
Even monie point did 40k yesterday too.
it's 20k sir
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Igba123: 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
ThreadManDennis:
Those market women who go to the bush markets to buy tomatoes, fruits and garri probably do not have electronic banking enabled. They still take cash.
many I know don't have bank account.
Re: Again CBN Limits Total Daily Withdrawal From ATM To N20k ❗️❗️ by Igba123: 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
adecz:

Go and eat somewhere finish make
network fail your transfer, you go
either collect beating or wash plates.
I will rather wash plate oo! Make nobody beat me, I no wan die. Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obi leads in Plateau, wins 6 of 8 LGs already declared / WE FAILED, LESSON LEARNED, GET OVER IT, INEC CHAIRMAN TO NIGERIANS. / Emefiele Dumps APC For Labour Party, Donates N500m New Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.