Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In (587 Views)

Coca-cola And Football: From Ronaldo’s Rejection To Messi’s Addiction / I'm Suffering From Gambling Addiction What Can I Do / Emmanuel Eboue Still Struggling With Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by biggieman1: 1:47am On Jan 27, 2023
Hi All,

Gambling addiction is one of the terrible habits/addictions that any person may have. It drains you financially, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

Do you find yourself going back to gambling after deciding to quit? Don't be ashamed to say the truth. I am also guilty of this.

Please find below some actions you can take to drastically reduce and eventually eliminate the addiction.

1. Cut off everything that triggers your addiction.

2. Replace your addiction with a healthy one.

3. Install "gamban" on your phone, tablets and computers. It blocks all access to betting websites. It costs about N1200 every month (12k per year). This is not an ad but I am putting this here because it can help someone.

4. This is the most important. Pray and move closer to God.

Have a fruitful and addiction-free year.

I need an accountability partner. Send me a message if interested. We call each other when the urge to bet comes and help each other stay away from gambling.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 2:32am On Jan 27, 2023
biggieman1:
Hi All,

Gambling addiction is one of the terrible habits/addictions that any person may have. It drains you financially, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

Do you find yourself going back to gambling after deciding to quit? Don't be ashamed to say the truth. I am also guilty of this.

Please find below some actions you can take to drastically reduce and eventually eliminate the addiction.

1. Cut off everything that triggers your addiction.

2. Replace your addiction with a healthy one.

3. Install "gamban" on your phone, tablets and computers. It blocks all access to betting websites. It costs about N1200 every month (12k per year). L This is not an ad but I am putting this her because it can help someone.

4. This is the most important. Pray and move closer to God.

Have a fruitful and addiction-free year.
God help us all. You made this quote last year, You went back?
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by biggieman1: 2:52am On Jan 27, 2023
okomi562:
God help us all. You made this quote last year, You went back?
I did o cry
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2023
biggieman1:

I did o cry
It is.not easy, if faced with addictions, we hv to cry to God
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2023
okomi562:
It is.not easy, if faced with addictions, we hv to cry to God

grin cheesy grin

Really funny guys!

Kindly check the tips below for guidance.

10 Rules of Responsible Betting

1. If you choose to bet, do so for entertainment purposes
If your bet is no longer an enjoyable activity then ask yourself why you are still “playing.”

2. Treat the money you lose as the cost of your entertainment, treat any winnings as a bonus.

3. Set a limit and stick to it
Decide before you go not only what you can “afford” to lose, but how much you want to spend. Do not change your mind after losing.

4. Set a time limit and stick to it
Decide how much of your time you want to allow for betting. Leave when you reach the time limit whether you are winning or losing.

5. Expect to lose.

6. Make it a private rule not to bet on credit, do not borrow money to bet.

7. Create balance in your life.
Betting should not interfere with or substitute for friends, family, work or other worthwhile activities.

8. Avoid “chasing” lost money
Chances are the more you try to recoup your losses the larger your losses will be.

9. Don’t bet as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain. Betting for reasons other than entertainment can lead to problems.

10. Become educated about the warning signs of problem betting. The more you know, the better choices you can make.

Do have a nice day guys.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:

grin cheesy grin

Really funny guys!

Kindly check the tips below for guidance.

10 Rules of Responsible Betting

1. If you choose to bet, do so for entertainment purposes
If your bet is no longer an enjoyable activity then ask yourself why you are still “playing.”

2. Treat the money you lose as the cost of your entertainment, treat any winnings as a bonus.

3. Set a limit and stick to it
Decide before you go not only what you can “afford” to lose, but how much you want to spend. Do not change your mind after losing.

4. Set a time limit and stick to it
Decide how much of your time you want to allow for betting. Leave when you reach the time limit whether you are winning or losing.

5. Expect to lose.

6. Make it a private rule not to bet on credit, do not borrow money to bet.

7. Create balance in your life.
Betting should not interfere with or substitute for friends, family, work or other worthwhile activities.

8. Avoid “chasing” lost money
Chances are the more you try to recoup your losses the larger your losses will be.

9. Don’t bet as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain. Betting for reasons other than entertainment can lead to problems.

10. Become educated about the warning signs of problem betting. The more you know, the better choices you can make.

Do have a nice day guys.
Just quit, you guys are the cause of problems, lol. someone said he wants to quit, u r saying bet small, lol. if i tell u I cannot stop stealing, You will tell me, okay, just steal 10 naira, clap for yourself, Legend
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2023
okomi562:
Just quit, you guys are the cause of problems, lol. someone said he wants to quit, u r saying bet small, lol. if i tell u I cannot stop stealing, You will tell me, okay, just steal 10 naira, clap for yourself, Legend

Lol, this is not stealing my brother. They are different
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:

Lol, this is not stealing my brother. They are different
They are not different, because stealing as a crime, some cannot stop and can be an addiction and besides you are providing wrong solutions, the guy saidbhe wants to stop abruptly.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2023
Just to let you know, I am not promoting betting but you just have to know the difference between betting and stealing.

Betting is the action of gambling money on the outcome of a race, game, or other unpredictable event.
While Stealing is the action or offence of taking another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it; theft.

Rest.

okomi562:
They are not different, because stealing as a crime, some cannot stop and can be an addiction and besides you are providing wrong solutions, the guy saidbhe wants to stop abruptly.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:
Just to let you know, I am not promoting betting but you just have to know the difference between betting and stealing.

Betting is the action of gambling money on the outcome of a race, game, or other unpredictable event.
While Stealing is the action or offence of taking another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it; theft.

Rest.

Someone said he wants to stop something, u said do it small small, does it make sense to you?
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Guy rest.

You dey hear so

okomi562:
Someone said he wants to stop something, u said do it small small, does it make sense to you?
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
Like I said earlier👂, I am not promoting betting bro.

Just to let you know the difference between stealing and betting, and the guidelines above servers as a guide for those that are addicted to betting.

okomi562:
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:
Like I said earlier👂, I am not promoting betting bro.

Just to let you know the difference between stealing and betting, and the guidelines above servers as a guide for those that are addicted to betting.

he wants to stop, baba, rest.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
Guy you self rest.

okomi562:
he wants to stop, baba, rest.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:
Guy you self rest.

rest, he did not take your advice serious, I am sure, no quote from him, so rest
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by Oddpicks: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
Since you no wan rest, let me show you the practical meaning of stealing. Kindly check the attached.
I will not respond to further messages from you.

okomi562:
rest, he did not take your advice serious, I am sure, no quote from him, so rest

Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:
Since you no wan rest, let me show you the practical meaning of stealing. Kindly check the attached.

lol. Please read further, lol, is that stealing lol. try harder
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:

lol. Please read further, lol, is that stealing lol. try harder. Keep deviating, one thing I know is that He needs advice and you are giving him a wrong one, again. rest and besides, my salary came in today and I hv cleared them, I did not steal, I borrowed, please is borrowing a crime, try another one but rest. I am sure u failed to add d two picks where I was paying and to paint a false story here. guy rest and keep your gambling spirit to your self

Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
Oddpicks:

I know what is grinning, you, ajax lost yesterday, lol. try harder, use your fathers land and your mothers house, maybe arsenal might win, no be your age mate win 30 million, are they better then you?oh sorry your head is not favourable😁😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂

Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by biggieman1: 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
@okomi562 in case you decide to quit, install gamban. It blocks access to all betting sites although it costs 1200 per month. The amount is okay for me considering how much I do lose to gambling.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
biggieman1:
@okomi562 in case you decide to quit, install gamban. It blocks access to all betting sites although it costs 1200 per month. The amount is okay for me considering how much I do lose to gambling.
, Thanks, I am.not addicted, I.was before but am free, I.just diverted my time, got a new job

1 Like

Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by biggieman1: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
okomi562:
, Thanks, I am.not addicted, I.was before but am free, I.just diverted my time, got a new job
Alright. Congratulations on your new job.
Re: Struggling With Gambling Addiction. Come In by okomi562: 12:08am On Jan 28, 2023
biggieman1:

Alright. Congratulations on your new job.
Thanks, It ruined me too, I lost a lot but we thank God for life meaning there is a purpose we are still alive. The proverbs says there is no crime in a man falling down but if he is able to get up.

(1) (Reply)

Adidas Gave Lionel Messi 8 Rings. Each One, For Each Ballon D'or. / Sign Up An Account With Sky247.ng And Get 100% Up To N150,000 / Manchester Utd Legend, Rio Ferdinand, Backs Super Eagles (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.