Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better (1289 Views)

Help!!!! My Husband Absconded With Our Children / I Can't Speak My Native Language. Is It A Crime? / My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Vincenzomum: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2023
I am not a Nigerian and I am married to a Nigerian Igbo , we have 4 children 3together and we are based in Italy . Our children can speak my native language very well and hubby hasn't bothered to teach our kids Igbo , he is jalous when he see our children speaking my language with my famiy in africa they can speak fluently and he is angry and want me to stop speaking my language to our children and he said we should speak to them in Italian and english only and I disagree with him telling him the children are still young and it is not too late for him to start teaching them Igbo , he refused and he still wants me to stop speaking my language with them. My 4 years old told me her dad had told her if i am on the phone with my family in africa if I pass over the phone to her she should refuse to speak with them. I asked him why he is looking for trouble where there is none it is not my fault he hasn't teach them his language , he said I should do what he says else he won't be happy with me. What do I have to do in this situation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by JasonScoolari: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2023
Why won't your husband be Jalous?

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Vincenzomum: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2023
JasonScoolari:

He can't be jalous because I didn't stop him from teaching them his language

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by JasonScoolari: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2023
Vincenzomum:

With this your own language, he has to be Jalous

Even me sef, I am already Jalous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by rickpat(m): 11:50am On Jan 27, 2023
he is being childish and very selfish...it's not your fault they can't speak Igbo, besides you can't speak Igbo too hence you can't teach them to speak igbo,the only person that can speak Igbo is your hubby therefore it's solely his responsibility to teach the kids igbo.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY,INSTEAD LOOK FOR WHOM TO BLAME OR FERMENT UNNECESSARY TROUBLE...

well,if you can't stand his pettiness,just stop the kids from speaking your language for peace sake..but it's totally unfair from him because if you knew how to speak igbo, I'm sure you would have taught the kids

14 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Mindlog: 11:51am On Jan 27, 2023
Vincenzomum:

Continue teaching your children your language, don't stop....when he is ready, he should teach them Igbo as children have the capacity to learn many languages at the same time.

8 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Sheistoopretty(f): 11:51am On Jan 27, 2023
JasonScoolari:

Can u just grow up and stop being stvpid old man? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed at ur old age oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed atleast u got de message, so what? undecided

Common sense should've told u it was a mistake, sorry I forgot, common sense is no longer common grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by YourMajesty(m): 11:56am On Jan 27, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Can u just grow up and stop being stvpid old man? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed at ur old age oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed atleast u got de message, so what? undecided

Common sense should've told u it was a mistake, sorry I forgot, common sense is no longer common grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Coming from the daughter of a stvpid prostitute? 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by laluski(m): 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
Vincenzomum:
I am not a Nigerian and I am married to a Nigerian Igbo , we have 4 children 3together and we are based in Italy . Our children can speak my native language very well and hubby hasn't bothered to teach our kids Igbo , he is jalous when he see our children speaking my language with my famiy in africa they can speak fluently and he is angry and want me to stop speaking my language to our children and he said we should speak to them in Italian and english only and I disagree with him telling him the children are still young and it is not too late for him to start teaching them Igbo , he refused and he still wants me to stop speaking my language with them. My 4 years old told me her dad had told her if i am on the phone with my family in africa if I pass over the phone to her she should refuse to speak with them. I asked him why he is looking for trouble where there is none it is not my fault he hasn't teach them his language , he said I should do what he says else he won't be happy with me. What do I have to do in this situation?

Then you stop it simple... Why are you women like this!!! Why must you allow everything to turn to slaps before you reset your brain.. he said stop it.. you STOP IT!! end of story.. if he reacts now, you'll go all over the place and Beyond painting him as a bad person.. is he asking for too much? No!!
So what's your problem?!!!
Na wa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by laluski(m): 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
Vincenzomum:

Just imagine the nonsense coming out of your mouth.. your lucky your not my wife... She knows she can't try this nonsense with me!!!

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Nemesis0147(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
laluski:

Just imagine the nonsense coming out of your mouth.. your lucky your not my wife... She knows she can't try this nonsense with me!!!
what wrong did this woman do to her husband?

7 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by habsydiamond(m): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Some people will come here.. talking like a disciplinarian or strict individual whereas they are the opposite at home... this woman as done nothing wrong here.. the children may find their mother's language more interesting to learn than their father's. Why the fight now.

9 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Houseofglam7(f): 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
He’s just being unreasonably petty undecided

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by frozen70(f): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Vincenzomum:

This is not a matter of obeying his instructions

Keep speaking your language to them

You are not the one to teach then his language

He failed in that area,
If he has taught you his language you would have saved him the stress of teaching them his language

Just don't argue with him but continue your way

Even nature made children to learn their mother language quicker than their father language

Besides, for them to learn your language is an added advantage to them in future

3 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Michelle55: 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
He's petty, I'm definitely teaching my kids my dialect( at least the little I know). If he's too lazy to perform his responsibility towards his kids by teaching them his local dialect then that's his business, not yours.
Meanwhile, for peace to dwell in your home, tell your kids to minimize it whenever he's around.

4 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by 4ward4: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
He sounds Foolish. Language is just the ability to communicate and it is a plus knowing as many languages as one can know .
I sense your kids are smart in learning languages, he should as well employ an Igbo tutor for them . Qed.
With that they will be learning all languages. I did same for my kids . Reason because when they become adults , I won’t be following them to their various locations and any language might be of help to them.

3 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Beremx(f): 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
I am sure your husband isn't fluent in Igbo language that's why he can't teach his kids. Any Igbo man who can speak Igbo language fluently will teach his kids.
Please keep teaching your kids your language

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Vincenzomum: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
Beremx:
I am sure your husband isn't fluent in Igbo language that's why he can't teach his kids. Any Igbo man who can speak Igbo language fluently will teach his kids.

He knows how 2 speak Igbo very well he only speaks in Igbo with his family in africa, he does interpretation when I am speaking with his parents because they can't speak english
Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Princessdainty(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
laluski:

Then you stop it simple... Why are you women like this!!! [b][/b]P.. he said stop it.. you STOP IT!! end of story.. if he reacts now, you'll go all over the place and Beyond painting him as a bad person.. is he asking for too much? No!!
Na wa o
is this how your father slaps your mother No wonder she didn't live well to eat the fruit of her labour. Poor thing

5 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Mindlog: 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
laluski:

See mouth, is it her fault you are unable to teach the children you share with her, your own language?

3 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Mindlog: 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2023
Beremx:

I disagree with that as I grew up in Lagos seeing Igbo couples who were both born and raised in the East, communicate with their children in pidgin or English while speaking Igbo only to themselves and that riles me up.

When I visit such families, I intentionally stick to speaking Igbo to their children to the discomfort of their parents.....why deny your children that part of their identity? 😠

5 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by simplepee(f): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
laluski:

I can only imagine how miserably that wife of yours lives.

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by dayleke: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
laluski:

Then you stop it simple... Why are you women like this!!! Why must you allow everything to turn to slaps before you reset your brain.. he said stop it.. you STOP IT!! end of story.. if he reacts now, you'll go all over the place and Beyond painting him as a bad person.. is he asking for too much? No!!
Na wa o

Are you for real or you just catching cruise?
Even it's not funny at all for a cruise o.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by laluski(m): 12:07am On Jan 28, 2023
Princessdainty:
is this how your father slaps your mother No wonder she didn't live well to eat the fruit of her labour. Poor thing

Look at this fool!!!. Your picture says it all about why you're a wasted sperm.. bobrisky wannabees grin

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by laluski(m): 12:09am On Jan 28, 2023
Mindlog:

See mouth, is it her fault you are unable to teach the children you share with her, your own language?
Cow
Malu
Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by laluski(m): 12:10am On Jan 28, 2023
simplepee:

I can only imagine how miserably that wife of yours lives.

Local tailor mind your business.. go and sow your customers are waiting

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Brandiebird: 4:36am On Jan 28, 2023
You’re not really teaching them your language as such, I’m sure you only communicate with them in your language. If he is asking you not to speak your own language in your home then he is overreacting and overstepping his boundaries!
He could have spoken to them in his own language from when they were babies instead of being petty now. Don’t listen to him, let him be unhappy! He’s asking for too much in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Brandiebird: 4:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Vincenzomum:
I am not a Nigerian I live in Italy with my Nigerian husband we have 2 children , and I am expecting twins next month. My first child Vincenzo is not from my husband , I had him with an Italian man we later separated. I met my husband 5 years ago we talked about not naming any of our children with traditional names as their first name maybe middle name because I strongly believe children abroad should be given names that everyone around will feel comfortable to pronounce them, that will also help them from not getting bullied in school we both had accepted. Our first daughter we named her Olivia munachi , we have both decided to named our twins aleesha and alexia but at last minutes my husband changed his mind , he want us to name them with Nigerian names as their first names which I am against him, this problem is bringing a lot of problem in the house because I will not accept him to give my babies any Nigerian names as their first , I prefer it to be their middle names, he is angry and refuse to talk to me. But this thing we had discussed even before we got married I don’t understand why the sudden change in him. Please help me judge this matter who is wrong between the two of us ?

Not to be petty but I think this goes beyond language and names. We get your husband is Nigerian and Igbo but you forgot to introduce yourself! Where are you from and what race are you?

I think your husband fears that you maybe trying to distance the children from his heritage. Are you working full time? Does your husband work full time? Are you getting to spend more time and thus have more influence on the children’s development?

This your story doesn’t sit right with me. Speak your language but try to introduce your children to their other side, that is if you are indeed the primary care giver between the two of you. I noticed in both threads you highlighted HIS weaknesses and tribe but you said nothing about your part. In both threads he’s the bad guy and you’re the 👻!

I get it we come online to vent and look for supporters to our rants but let’s not take that seriously, OP! Build your home instead of looking for support to tear it down!

1 Like

Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jan 28, 2023
rickpat:
I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, INSTEAD LOOK FOR WHOM TO BLAME OR FERMENT UNNECESSARY TROUBLE...
â–  well,if you can't stand his pettiness,just stop the kids from speaking your language for peace sake..but it's totally unfair from him because if you knew how to speak igbo, I'm sure you would have taught the kids
undecided
Are you seriously telling her that, in the world we live in today, it is a good idea to deny her children the right to know their mother tongue all in the name of keeping the peace in marriage? undecided
Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Jan 28, 2023
Mindlog:
Continue teaching your children your language, don't stop....when he is ready, he should teach them Igbo as children have the capacity to learn many languages at the same time.
Abi o! undecided

Imagine a grown man, father of 4 kids, throwing such a stupid tantrum! undecided
Re: Hubby Is Jalous Because Our Children Can Speak My Language Better by mrblessed(m): 5:28am On Jan 28, 2023
Madam, it's clear your husband needs a medical treatment now. His actions aren't normal at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenny Saint Brown And Eddy Remedy Have Broken Up Finally / What Will You Do, In This Condition? / Man Pours Pot Of Boiling Stew And Lighted Stove On Girlfrien(according To Punch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.