Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal (75473 Views)

Buhari At Gboyega Oyetola Osun Campaign Rally In Osogbo, Osun (Photos) / Benedict Alabi Is Gboyega Oyetola's Running Mate / Gboyega Oyetola Biography, Profile, Age, Wife Kafayat Oyetola, Osun Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by SaturnNick(m): 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
swiftuzor:

The power situation in the country is terrible.

save cost on fuel and avoid long queues at the filling station.

The powerstation (81,600mah, 300w) can power your devices for a full day on a single full charge.

Send a dm for more info >

How much per one?
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Amayabor1: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
if overvoting was detected by BVAS then adekele can step down.

He remains governor! He will be appealing the judgement and as long he sends in his appeal within the legal time frame, He remains governor. You can go force him to step down sha!
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by HydraFeeds(m): 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

This is not reinstatement, and not impeached, a term he already did, this is election tribunal, use Google please

impeachment
/ɪmˈpiːtʃm(ə)nt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
(especially in the US) a charge of misconduct made against the holder of a public office.
the action of calling into question the integrity or validity of something.
"the prosecutor's detailed impeachment of the character witness"

reinstate
/ˌriːɪnˈsteɪt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
restore (someone or something) to their former position or state.
"the union threatened strike action if Owen was not reinstated"

This case is not any of the two. It was an election, not a case of impeachment,

It was the case of peter Obi first becoming governor, tribunal.

Imagine oyetola wasn’t governor before, will you see it as reinstate or impeachment? So it was a fresh election.
there’s no difference because he was robbed the election victory but now he got the victory he deserved(reinstated)

That is, he is now restored to his winning .

But all in all ,the judiciary justifies both premises and it’s double standard to consider one good because it favors you but the other bad because it does not .
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Easylife1234: 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hidentity:
Gboyega Oyetola has been declared winner of the Osun state governorship election.
Seun

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/breaking-tribunal-sacks-adeleke-as-governor/
thank God oo
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by HisGraceBet: 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Nigeria and apc
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
HydraFeeds:
there’s no difference because he was robbed the election victory but now he got the victory he deserved(reinstated)

That is, he is now restored to his winning .

But all in all ,the judiciary justifies both premises and it’s double standard to consider one good because it favors you but the other bad because it does not .

He wasn’t elected at first, if adeleke win back from court, then he got reinstated. English hard. But no worry.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by HydraFeeds(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

He wasn’t elected at first, if adeleke win back from court, then he got reinstated. English hard. But no worry.
mumu man ,he’s not elected first but tribunal says he has higher votes than Adeleke . Shebi una dey boast sey bvas was created to deal with Tinubu ni and e go favor una . Why una con Dey shake for voice now .

Ina go still crawl go back the ant infested hole una come from Dey shout nsogbu nsogbu Dey disturb people’s peace .
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by kcnwaigbo: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2023
Bacteria8:

Bro, did they canceled all the votes from the polling units where over-voting was discovered or they merely minuses just the over-voting ballots ?
They cancelled the entire polling units without ordering a re-run
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Banhammy717: 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
The gap is too wide.

95,265 votes is no joke.
Adeleke needs lawyers "wey sabi" to upturn this judgement at the appellate court

Let there be peace, justice and equity.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by leokid866: 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Galaticos444:
oga uzodimman lost at the tribunal but won at d supreme court
okay make we dey watch the matter dey go......
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Anything about Judiciary or court case will always favour the heartless APC.......they have sent our Judiciary to a joke night club activity where the highest drinker is regarded more than any other ..

Story story story 🥰🥰🥰

1 Like

Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by mechanics(m): 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
nairavsdollars:
My dancing guy will appeal
Definitely.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Father4all: 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
deeva2:

stop crying
your Pa.pa
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
HydraFeeds:
mumu man ,he’s not elected first but tribunal says he has higher votes than Adeleke . Shebi una dey boast sey bvas was created to deal with Tinubu ni and e go favor una . Why una con Dey shake for voice now .

Ina go still crawl go back the ant infested hole una come from Dey shout nsogbu nsogbu Dey disturb people’s peace .

Did I discuss anything bvas, Tinubu with you or anyone? Abi Wetin this one dey talk?? Anybody be igbo? I am from uvwie, full Ekpan fly
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Peacecore:
As it favoured them in Bayelsa, Zamfara and Rivers!

You need to know the criteria of judgement before pronouncing verdict .....

Can you tell us about Imo state verdict where a candidate who was in the Fourth position was pronounced a winner. Jumping the second and third winners....

Pls explain this judgement or remain silent
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by HydraFeeds(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

Did I discuss anything bvas, Tinubu with you or anyone? Abi Wetin this one dey talk?? Anybody be igbo? I am from uvwie, full Ekpan fly

Ekpan an Simon Ekpa sounds similar. But don’t worry you’re still safe . 🤙
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by olaniyi263: 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
Remaining Oyo state we shall take back in March. No any Omoluabi state will be left in the hands of the Poverty Development PartyRemaining Oyo state we shall take back in March. No any Omoluabi state will be left in the hands of the Poverty Development Party...
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Peacecore: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

You need to know the criteria of judgement before pronouncing verdict .....

Can you tell us about Imo state verdict where a candidate who was in the Fourth position was pronounced a winner. Jumping the second and third winners....

Pls explain this judgement or remain silent
In Imo state election; Uzodimma contested alongside others. On the election day, after voting and approval at the polling units, INEC got reports that there were violence/rigging at some polling units particular Orlu zone. This made the returning officer to cancel the votes coming from those units (Uzodimma's strong base). After coalition, he came down to third position (without those cancelled votes). He then approached the court with the case of having his lawful votes (since it was approved at the PUs) cancelled. When supreme court heard the case, they asked INEC whether Uzodimma's votes were cancelled, they answered YES. They were then asked, at what level, they said LG level.
Now the stance of the electoral acts: Votes can ONLY be cancelled at POLLING UNITS level. As far as it has left the polling unit approved, the votes stand legible. Supreme court then brought the copy of the votes that was cancelled, they added Uzodimma's own his votes, added for other candidates and find out that he had the highest number of votes, and he was declares winner of the election by the apex court. That's what happened bro, it wasn't a rocket science to understand.

1 Like

Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Don009: 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
I am laughing at some people, Adeleke is the governor of Osun state. Welcome to supreme court
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by BluntCrazeMan: 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hidentity:
Gboyega Oyetola has been declared winner of the Osun state governorship election.
Seun

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/breaking-tribunal-sacks-adeleke-as-governor/
Now..
I need some statistics...

The number of cancelled Polling-units are now much,, which leads to more Numbers of corresponding Affected Registered Voters Who Had Collected Their PVC’s In The Cancelled Polling-units.

Thus, I need to know the total number of such affection Registered Voters who have collected their PVCs, but the votes in their Polling-units were cancelled in this recent judgement.

I hope the Judgement captured Such Numbers??

Because, I want to independently apply the “Margin Of Lead” Principle, and ascertain whether “A WINNER” should be announced, or “A RE-RUN” should be ordered in all those affected Polling-units..

Ok..
In case it happens that I don't know this part of the Electoral Act very well,, Please Fergie001,, I hope what I wrote up there is what the Electoral Act requires??

This is exactly why I would like to see the Judgement myself and study it properly.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Don009: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Mumu, pot calling a kettle black.
What do you call a rigging.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Don009: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
Restored where, only supreme court can decide
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Hidentity(m): 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Now..
I need some statistics...

The number of cancelled Polling-units are now much,, which leads to more Numbers of corresponding Affected Registered Voters Who Had Collected Their PVC’s In The Cancelled Polling-units.

Thus, I need to know the total number of such affection Registered Voters who have collected their PVCs, but the votes in their Polling-units were cancelled in this recent judgement.

I hope the Judgement captured Such Numbers??

Because, I want to independently apply the “Margin Of Lead” Principle, and ascertain whether “A WINNER” should be announced, or “A RE-RUN” should be ordered in all those affected Polling-units..

Ok..
In case it happens that I don't know this part of the Electoral Act very well,, Please Fergie001,, I hope what I wrote up there is what the Electoral Act requires??

This is exactly why I would like to see the Judgement myself and study it properly.
I have it. You may send your email address.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by BluntCrazeMan: 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hidentity:

I have it. You may send your email address.
Cool.
I will send you a direct-message.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
HydraFeeds:

Ekpan an Simon Ekpa sounds similar. But don’t worry you’re still safe . 🤙

Wetin you dey cap, Dey try sound funny tribalist, as you commot for house today, na only Igbo man the fuel affect? Abi the cost of food stuffs na only Igbo man, Abi transport? How do you guys reason baffles me,
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Gandrova: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
kponkedenge:
Nigeria is a joke.

So now people's votes mean nothing if the tribunal can just come up with outrageous rulings like this.

Don't be surprised if this even happens in the General Elections.
Did you follow the proceedings from the first day in court? I guess you didn't because of the emotional attachment You have for the stupid dancer. There was massive overvoting in Ede and the evidence were displayed @ the Court.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Osariemen12: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
Yoruba affair
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Gandrova: 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Amayabor1:

He remains governor! He will be appealing the judgement and as long he sends in his appeal within the legal time frame, He remains governor. You can go force him to step down sha!
He has to step down, he has no choice.
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Amayabor1: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
Gandrova:
He has to step down, he has no choice.

Lol. Then you don't know how the law works.

He remains Osun state governor!
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by HydraFeeds(m): 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

Wetin you dey cap, Dey try sound funny tribalist, as you commot for house today, na only Igbo man the fuel affect? Abi the cost of food stuffs na only Igbo man, Abi transport? How do you guys reason baffles me,
it affects everyone o but you see ,there’s always fuel scarcity in Nigeria and we can’t use Buhari achievements or failures to judge tinubu because they’re in the same party because Tinubu does not make decisions for the president and his influence was waned by the the cabal previously led by late aba kyari . With dangote refinery I believe things will ease up .

Other inflations happens in world wide due to Covid-19 ,war in Ukraine and drop in oil prices . Also the activities of banditry that reduce farm yield also cos part .

But you see ,Buhari tried in terms of fight against terrosism and infrastructural development.

Obi or Atiku has no potential of performing better than Tinubu that engineered modern Lagos .
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by Minjim: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
FOWSkill:

Any Jury can be bought with the right price.

true, they is a need to give us a thorough explanation on how they arrived at this verdict.

He should just go to the supreme Court if he wants to get his mandate back.

The fact can never change where ever you go
Re: Gboyega Oyetola Declared Winner Of Osun Election By Election Petition Tribunal by kponkedenge(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
walex2:
You just come to Nairaland to type without knowing the genesis of the case: let me summarise for you

1. INEC GAVE 2 SEPARATE BVAS REPORTS
2 OYETOLA PROVOVED RLTHAT THERE WAS OVER VOTING IN MORE THAN 10 LOACAL GOVT
3. BOTH INEC AND ADELEKE LAWYERS AGREED THERE WAS OVER VOTING BUT NOT UP TO 10 LOCAL GOVT
4 ADELEKE PRESENTED BLURRY WAEC CERTIFICATE THAT NOBODY COULD READ
5 ADELEKE OBTAINED FOREIGN B.SC DEGREE WITHIN 5 DAYS
6. OSUN WAS CREATED IN 1996 BUT ADELEKE PRESENTED A TESTIMONIAL THAT CARRIES EDE GRAMMAR SCHOOL, OSUN STATE, ISSUED IN 1978

Mr know it all. How do you now explain Uzodinma's own that they gave the slot to him from 4th to become governor...... Bypassing the other candidates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Packs His Load, Leaves Official Resident / Osun: They Are Collecting Our Money, I Haven't Seen Any Votes - Party Agent / 30 Private Jets At Babangida's Daughter's Wedding: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.