Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Father Drowns 3-year-old Son In Osun River - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Drowns 3-year-old Son In Osun River (657 Views)

Herdsmen Kill father And Son In Benue State (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) / Graphic Photo Of The Woman Who Was Murdered By Her Step-son In Enugu / Man Drowns While Escaping Police Arrest In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Father Drowns 3-year-old Son In Osun River by SouthEast1: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2011
Father drowns 3-year-old son in Osun River
• 2 arrested for kidnapping 70 -year-old woman
From MUTIU GANIYU, Osogbo
Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

A30-year-old taxi driver in Ede, Osun State, Tajudeen Kazeem has drowned his three- year -old son ,Toib in Osun River. Also, police have arrested two suspects in connection with the kidnap of a 70 -year-old woman, Mrs Victoria Babatunde, who was abducted at her home in Inisa in August.

Kazeem and the two suspected kidnappers, Peter Tominie and Fawole Damilola were among suspects paraded by the Osun State Police Command on Tuesday in Osogbo.
Speaking to Daily Sun after being paraded at the police headquarters,Osogbo, Kazeem said he could not believe he had murdered his son.

“I don’t know what came over me. But I can remember taking him to Osun River and throwing him inside. It was the devil’s work. Government and my people should forgive me. I loved Toib. My life is ruined,” he lamented.
He confirmed that Toib was a product of an extra marital affair between him and Iyabo Sikiru.
Kazeem had picked Toib from his (father’s) aunt’s place where he was living in preparation for last week’s sallah only for him to drown the boy in the river around 6a.m the next day.

Also, two out of a six- man gang of kidnappers, who demanded N800,000 ransom from the family of a 70- year-old woman ,Victoria Babatunde are assisting the police in tracking down others.
The Commissioner of Police, Olusegun Solomon, who was represented by the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation Department, Adeyemi Gbola said they were arrested at Gbongan, when they were about to pick the ransom.

“The old woman was abducted from her shop at Inisa on August 6 at 7.30p.m. The Police, after a while got a tip-off and took the ransom to Gbongan Junction. The two suspects were arrested and the woman has been reunited with her children.”
In an interview with the two suspects they said those at large were those, who were really involved in the crime.
The police linked the gang with the abduction of a popular liquor seller in Osogbo, Alhaji R.A Olaiya in March.
The police boss assured people of safety, saying suspects would be charged to court once the strike by labour unions was over.
Re: Father Drowns 3-year-old Son In Osun River by ak47mann(m): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2011
na waaaaooooooo shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Raid Patients In General Hospital: Are They Tired Of Banks? / How Aboki Nearly Set Igbo Man Up In Lagos / A Serious Fight Is Going On At Fadeyin Area Of Lagos, Police Rush There Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.