Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,700 members, 7,865,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Bullion Vans At Tinubu’s House Missed Address – Lagos APC Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bullion Vans At Tinubu’s House Missed Address – Lagos APC Secretary (146 Views)

Gov. Diri Orders Arrest Of APC Secretary In Bayelsa, Keyamo Demands Release / Salihu Denies Court Order Asking Him To Take Over As APC Secretary / 2023: Power Shift To South ‘Non-Negotiable’ - APC Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bullion Vans At Tinubu’s House Missed Address – Lagos APC Secretary by OddsDoc(f): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
The Lagos State Organising Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Ayodele Adewale, has claimed that the bullion vans spotted at the residence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s residence on the eve of the 2019 presidential election “missed their way.”

Adewale stated this while speaking in an interview on Arise Television’s The Morning Show on Thursday.

According to him, the bullion van matter had been put to rest a long time ago.

He said, “On the bullion van or no bullion van and all of that, I think that matter has been put to rest. There was no money in the bullion van. The bullion vans that even came missed their way to have come there.

“I was in that house on that very day and it was not on an election day. The bullion vans missed their way to have come there.

Adewale further said, “There are some companies that have high (number of) staff (members); that pay their staff with cash; that bullion van missed its way there, and it was not invited by Asiwaju or anybody.”

Meanwhile, Adewale’s justification differs with the position of the APC standard bearer in 2019.

Recall that Tinubu, had while responding to questions about the bullion vans at his residence in Bourdillon, Ikoyi, said he could keep his money wherever he wanted.

Tinubu said this while fielding questions from journalists shortly after casting his vote in 2019.

He said, “Excuse me, is it my money or government money? I don’t work for the government. I am not in an agency of government and let anyone come out to say I have collected contract from the government of President Muhammadu Buhari or the APC in the last five years. They should prove it.

“I am on my own and I am committed to my party. So, even if I have money to spend on my premises, what is your headache? If I don’t represent any agency of government and I have money to spend, if I like, I give it to the people free of charge as long as it is not to buy votes.

“Who are those monitoring my house or bullion vans? They must be mischief makers because they report falsehoods. They are liars and idle,” he said.

(1) (Reply)

*did We Accomplished What We Actually Need In ENDSARS* / Iran Meta Ko Gbodo To Si. / Nigeria Is Great, Our Neighbours Preoccupied With One Meal Per Day — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.