Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Part Two Of Exclusive Chat With Bolu Essien: Star Of Netflix Series – Becoming A - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Part Two Of Exclusive Chat With Bolu Essien: Star Of Netflix Series – Becoming A (272 Views)

Uche Maduagwu To Bolu Okupe: "I No Be Your Mate. I Was Gay Before You Were Born" / Exclusive Chat With Queen “floxy Nwaka” About The Upcoming Nelas Academy Awards / Michael Essien Dated Princess Shyngle Who 99.9% Of Men Couldn't Satisfy Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Part Two Of Exclusive Chat With Bolu Essien: Star Of Netflix Series – Becoming A by Azeemokoya: 12:16am On Jan 28, 2023
Vivian Adeyemo recently caught up with Nollywood filmmaker and actress Bolu Essien. Star of Netflix chart topping series Becoming Abi.

In part one of the interview released last week, Essien discussed her inspiration for the hit Netflix show, how she combines motherhood with her career, destigmatising caesarean section births and more.

In part two of this exclusive interview, she discusses her future goals, challenges on making ‘Becoming Abi’ and plans for Season 2.

Future Goals
What were the key challenges faced on producing Becoming Abi?
I would refer to my experience in the corporate world which has shaped me tremendously. In the corporate field, you have your goals which you break down into tasks. When I was in writer’s mode, I was focused on delivering on a task. I approach challenges through a task based approach.

As an actor, I learnt a lot from my time as a student at the Identity School of Acting (IDSA) in London, which I attended in 2021. I also surrounded myself with people who were experts in their fields. So my approach was to take my goals as tasks and put together a team who are good at what they do, so that they can support my vision. In terms of funding, my husband and I used all our savings for the project. My husband did sit me down and said that he really believed in me, he said that even if this fails we can start all over again.

You’ve worked with some of the big and up and coming names in the industry, who would be your ultimate actor/actress to work with?
Viola Davis! She is a great inspiration to me as a black woman and as an actor, I would love to be in a mother and daughter role with her. Thinking of working with her inspired me to write a unique mother -daughter story which I have started working on.

Your trajectory is rising in the film industry, what’s your future goal?
I just want to continue telling stories. After the initial media rounds with Becoming Abi and the film doing well on Netflix, there is that unspoken pressure for actors to post more on social media. But that is not me, I’m a creator. I’m an actor but also a creator. I spend my time writing, creating shows. We have over eight different tv shows, scripts, films and game shows in production.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/part-two-of-exclusive-chat-with-bolu-essien-star-of-netflix-series-becoming-abi/

(1) (Reply)

Celebrated Nigerian Comedian To Host Comedy Show At Dangote Refinery! / Syncretism Of African Studies With Sodomy And Prostitution Another Wile Of Satan / Big Bumbum Lady Allows Man To Record Her During Their Freaky Sekx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.