Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning (1214 Views)

Big Balls Bush Meat Caught Inside My Old Grandma Car Engine(photo) / My Son Rejected This Food Because Of Absence Of *ugba* / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Omawumi17(f): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2023
Yesterday, I had 2 1000naira notes with me. I bought 1300 worth of some food items for breakfast this morning... I woke up with 700 this morning,so I went out to get eggs and charcoal with pepper for breakfast. But the sellers rejected the money. I thought it was a joke until I went to like 3 more vendor and got the same response...
I had to use 100naira to get Puff puff to hold body before I left the house.
Which way Nigeria?
No fuel
No money
No food
Even pos vendors are still giving out old notes
ATM machine is empty

2 Likes

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Madridstar(m): 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2023
Apc effect and urchins are still campaigning for APC. Old and new notes still in use here, probably by monday no new notes no transaction. Mumu government.

4 Likes

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Munamoqel: 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omawumi17:
Yesterday, I had 2 1000naira notes with me. I bought 1300 worth of some food items for breakfast this morning... I woke up with 700 this morning,so I went out to get eggs and charcoal with pepper for breakfast. But the sellers rejected the money. I thought it was a joke until I went to like 3 more vendor and got the same response...
Which way Nigeria?
No fuel
No money
No food
ATM machine is empty

nairaland is not bank .go to deposit.
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Creamcrest(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
I have no pity for you, your tribesmen wicked afonjas colluded with the north to install the current dundeee we have in asorock.

Enjoy your change and stop disturbing my cyberspace.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Zee0007: 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2023
Munamoqel:
nairaland is not bank .go to deposit.

It like you don't know the queue in banks. Even their bank Ussd was experiencing technical glitches as at yesterday.

When I withdrew my last Isaac from the pos. The pos attendant outright rejects peoples old note and he wanted given me my 1k old note. I told him to stop that rubbish and give me the new one.
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
All nigerian banks are working today oh so carry your money go change am for bank now and tuesday undecided
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by habsydiamond(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
That's what we get in a country that doesn't plan ahead before bringing in policies... the problem is these policies doesn't affect the politicians, its the masses that bears the effect of such policies... now the new notes have been paid for by the politicians ready for the elections. CBN has fail to plan which means they are gradually planning to fail cos with the way things are going, there is every tendency that they will extent base on pressure from above.
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
NEW NOTE FULL OGUN STATE,NA LAGOS THE BANKS DEY DO I DONT CARE. angry
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by hisgrace090: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
habsydiamond:
That's what we get in a country that doesn't plan ahead before bringing in policies... the problem is these policies doesn't affect the politicians, its the masses that bears the effect of such policies... now the new notes have been paid for by the politicians ready for the elections. CBN has fail to plan which means they are gradually planning to fail cos with the way things are going, there is every tendency that they will extent base on pressure from above.

The banks are directing majority of new note recieved from central bank to politicians collecting commission as cbn cares not.
To circulate the new note to the masses will be difficult because banks sees it as a waste of opportunity to make cash.
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by yarimo(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
That is very good, when TINUBU spoke about fuel scarcity and new Naira notes scarcity. People misinterpret it in a hateful manner
Omawumi17:
Which way Nigeria?
No fuel
No money
No food
ATM machine is empty

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by EriMma1: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
Lol.. I also went to get eggs from aboki this morning, I gave him the new 1k and he was gave me the old 500, I rejected it. When he persisted, I told him if they don't collect it I'll return it back to him and he said I only have today to return it that if I bring it tomorrow, he's not going to collect it. I say see sense. I just collected back my new 1k and told him I'll be back with his money for eggs.

Me I won't collect the old notes again. I can't come and be rushing to the bank at the die minute to deposit rejected money.

1 Like

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by horlahwaley(m): 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2023
That is the plight majority of we common men on the streets is passing through and some mumu here still dey back the policies in as much some politicians will be punished. Which of the politician send una. Its not affecting them at all.
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by CodeTemplar: 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
APC is uniquely incompetent. They knew the average amount of old notes in circulation but printed so little new notes and asked Nigerians to be exchanging what exist for what doesn't exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Ablemed: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
Creamcrest:
I have no pity for you, your tribesmen wicked afonjas colluded with the north to install the current dundeee we have in asorock.

Enjoy your change and stop disturbing my cyberspace.

Lol i laugh at ur foolishness. so you think folks in the SE ain't feeling it to?? no be una side a litre of fuel is from #500 and above while in the SW 300, 350/litre? Look Awé. No matter how the hardship of the government is hitting Nigerians, know this and know this good that the SW would not feel it the way SE and North are feeling it

2 Likes

Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by Ablemed: 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
horlahwaley:
That is the plight majority of we common men on the streets is passing through and some mumu here still dey back the policies in as much some politicians will be punished. Which of the politician send una. Its not affecting them at all.

If it's not affecting the Politicians, Tinubu wouldn't have expressed frustrations bout it
Re: My Old Naira Notes Was Rejected This Morning by heykims(m): 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2023
Tinubu cried out about the ugly situation but insincere Nigerians are reacting to his yell from another angle.

(1) (Reply)

See What I Found In A Tom Tom Pack - PIC / Easy Creamy Oatmeal For Breakfast / Pistachios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.