Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? (3443 Views)

What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Sirchiboy: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
Good evening my brothers and sisters. I am a family man with a wife and a daughter and I need a small fairly used car that is easy to maintain. A car that has fuel economy,whose parts are available and affordable in order to ease family mobility as my wife's workplace is quite a distance from the house. Also, the stress of my wife carrying my child to work via buses n keke breaks my heart. Although we are looking at corrola, heard it fits my criteria so well. Pls, I need your advice on that too. My budget is 450k to 500k. GOD bless us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by MightyHand(m): 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
God will uplift you Bro, but with the current situations in the land, No car in good shape can go for the above price, the Minimum you can get is 1.2m and above.
Even Bajaj motorcycle is currently 470k and above...
The country hard gan

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by iaindabawa(m): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
Keep saving please.
You can't get a car with that amount, unless it has a police case or is terribly jalopy.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by emmancecute(m): 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters. I am a family man with a wife and a daughter and I need a small fairly used car that is easy to maintain. A car that has fuel economy,whose parts are available and affordable in order to ease family mobility as my wife's workplace is quite a distance from the house. Also, the stress of my wife carrying my child to work via buses n keke breaks my heart. Although we are looking at corrola, heard it fits my criteria so well. Pls, I need your advice on that too. My budget is 450k to 500k. GOD bless us all.
brother, God will help you to save more. Your current budget can't get a decent car except by miracle. It is well
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Angrygoat: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ford focus,
Honda bulldog
Honda baby boy
Honda Adidas
Nissan tino almera
Nissan primera
Toyota carina e 1996
Mazda 626.
Golf 3
Ford focus
Toyota camry 1996 aka orobo
All naija used. Just buy Toyota carina e sedan or camry 1996. All naija used highest 600k.

9 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Oxef123(m): 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2023
I have naija used Toyota Corolla 1999 model
AC needs attention
WHATSAPP 08039394524
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by nurey(m): 7:29am On Jan 29, 2023
Sirchiboy:

First have in mind that to buy a car is easy, to maintain same is the hardest part.

Your initial budget is very small to buy a car that will give minimal issues in Nigeria currently you need around 1m, the lower the buying price of a car the higher the maintenance cost you would incur 90% fact their are some lucky instances cheap good car.

55k monthly salary for a single man can maintain a car but for a family man, too thin financially.

Let's say you got a kia Picanto or Nissan micra those 1.1L fuel efficient engines grin

4L of oil is around 8k, filter is 2k workmanship 2k that's 12k fueling let's say 40L per month @ 200/L that's 8k total 20k

Can you afford to cough out 20k from ur salary in a month without affecting other basic family needs?

If you are not in lagos you can try a bike, nah wetin I dey push up and down and I get 75km on a liter, I use 10L in 2.5 weeks

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by SpaceAngel: 8:03am On Jan 29, 2023
Best advice, while you accumulate enough to get what will not give you problems

nurey:

First have in mind that to buy a car is easy, to maintain same is the hardest part.

Your initial budget is very small to buy a car that will give minimal issues in Nigeria currently you need around 1m, the lower the buying price of a car the higher the maintenance cost you would incur 90% fact their are some lucky instances cheap good car.

55k monthly salary for a single man can maintain a car but for a family man, too thin financially.

Let's say you got a kia Picanto or Nissan micra those 1.1L fuel efficient engines grin

4L of oil is around 8k, filter is 2k workmanship 2k that's 12k fueling let's say 40L per month @ 200/L that's 8k total 20k

Can you afford to cough out 20k from ur salary in a month without affecting other basic family needs?

If you are not in lagos you can try a bike, nah wetin I dey push up and down and I get 75km on a liter, I use 10L in 2.5 weeks

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by frozen70(f): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Honestly you will regret any car you buy with that budget and the level of your salary

To maintain a car,
Fuel a car
Service and repair a car
Keeping your car up to date, your salary should be as from 100k

Any thing less you will be drained

Cars are more expensive to maintain than running a home

But the choice is yours

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by EbenezerTriumph: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2023
Oxef123:
I have naija used Toyota Corolla 1999 model
AC needs attention
WHATSAPP 08039394524
old model plus wahala on top.
if you go collect 600k DM me.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by ehmmy11(m): 11:26am On Jan 29, 2023
Sirchiboy:

When I saw your budget I had to check if this post was made in 2023

Nevertheless you can check Kia and Hyundai products

Honestly you should work on your income first before buying a car
Shalom

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by sharpwriter(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
nurey:

Nice analysis and truth!
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
frozen70:

Honestly you will regret any car you buy with that budget and the level of your salary

To maintain a car,
Fuel a car
Service and repair a car
Keeping your car up to date, your salary should be as from 100k

Any thing less you will be drained

Cars are more expensive to maintain than running a home

But the choice is yours

angry
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by valarinz: 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
nurey:

Wisdom, wisdom everywhere, wisdom

Try am for Lagos, ride enter places like Mushin, ojuelegba, mile 2, etc 😂😂😂
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by fineboynl(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
Also remember updating vehicle particulars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Okere18: 6:43am On Jan 30, 2023
Get a small Nissan car, primera
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by alphabbey1(m): 10:36am On Jan 30, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I believe corrola of 1999 below with AC issue should cost around 600k. Nevertheless, remove car from ur list, save up to 1.5m
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by oweniwe(m): 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
nurey:

How much does he spend on public transport and their inconveniences too?

Abi public transport is free? Okada drop here now is N300... That's 600 mon-fri average that should be 3,000-4,000 weekly on fuel. (If it's strictly point A-B thing) .. not bad for family man smiley

The discomfort that comes with public transport is not worth any money you want to save , especially as rains is starting soon.

I wish I can ride motorcycle grin
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by nurey(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
oweniwe:

How much does he spend on public transport and their inconveniences too?

Abi public transport is free? Okada drop here now is N300... That's 600 mon-fri average that should be 3,000-4,000 weekly on fuel. (If it's strictly point A-B thing) .. not bad for family man smiley

The discomfort that comes with public transport is not worth any money you want to save , especially as rains is starting soon.

I wish I can ride motorcycle grin

you are also right but no trouble like a car shutting down on you at a godforsaken place at an ungodly hour. Whats more buying a car with all your savings and end up parking it without receiving intended usage. Car parts are very expensive now when i say very expensive i mean parts you buy at one naira b4 are now x3. if bikes are allowed in the ops region he can get a brandnew one and use it to convey his family from time to time, they just have to make extra provision during raining seasons. Atleast
Brandnew daylong and Lifan with hand kick is around 400k, Bajaj hand kick 520k while no kick starter is 480k, TVS is around 450k, Haojue which is the most solid of all is 700k for brandnew and they can last 3years without any major issues popping up

3 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by oweniwe(m): 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
nurey:

you are also right but no trouble like a car shutting down on you at a godforsaken place at an ungodly hour. Whats more buying a car with all your savings and end up parking it without receiving intended usage. Car parts are very expensive now when i say very expensive i mean parts you buy at one naira b4 are now x3. if bikes are allowed in the ops region he can get a brandnew one and use it to convey his family from time to time, they just have to make extra provision during raining seasons. Atleast
Brandnew daylong and Lifan with hand kick is around 400k, Bajaj hand kick 520k while no kick starter is 480k, TVS is around 450k, Haojue which is the most solid of all is 700k for brandnew and they can last 3years without any major issues popping up

I go buy Golf 3 manual with the budget. Just ensure it is buy and drive.

Nissan is No No... old Nissan na one wahala to the other

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by josikoya(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
If you don't mind,I have one Honda adidas in good condition automatic transmission 650k
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by seanwilliam(m): 3:47am On Jan 31, 2023
1. Nissan primera 1990
2. Micra
3. Toyota carina ( the ones dem Jackie chan used for the movie 5 lucky star)
4.Mitsubishi 1995
5.Datsun 1990

But if I were you, I’ll continue saving till I have up to atleast 1.5m

With that you can get a correct naija used Toyota from year 1996-2006..

Because from all indications, even if you manage to buy it that your salary can’t really cover car expenses. I know you’re trying your best to give your family the best but then , you should know that without money , many things can’t be done.

It’s either you save more or buy okada
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by fineboynl(m): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2023
josikoya:
If you don't mind,I have one Honda adidas in good condition automatic transmission 650k
post pic in and out
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by josikoya(m): 8:39am On Feb 01, 2023
fineboynl:
post pic in and out

You can WhatsApp me on 080 59840507

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by fineboynl(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
josikoya:

You can WhatsApp me on
sorry bro. Didn’t like this. Maybe the op can check it
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by xperiencelove(m): 7:12am On Feb 04, 2023
I don't think a man with a total income of 55k in a month should be thinking of buying a car either single or married except he want to use it for public transportation business.

Whatever you are trying to save from your 55k income should be used to set up a small business.

If you proceed to buy any car with your present income, it will surely plunge you into extreme poverty and it will kill you if care is not taken.

Motorcycle is your best bet presently if there is need for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Elsueno: 8:23am On Feb 05, 2023
A very economical car in good condition would be excellent for a family man...Not only is it way safer than a motorcycle but also waay cheaper than commercial transport.....Cars with 1.1 -1.4 litre engines do as much as 700km-800km on full tank.... Requires only like 3litrs of engine oil change after about 3 months of constant use....In d op case, taking his kid to school, dropping his wife at work & picking them off when he off work is very ok......
But make sure u get a good car
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Sambai65(m): 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please forget about car bro ,use your little saving to side hustle,me that earning 370k never think of buy car,reason is because i can't buy naija used car
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Pootle: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
i salute op courage. wish i was like him...he ask for advise for a vehicle he can purchase with his budget not a life coaching class, i dont like the way nigerians are so quick to advising people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Truthful08: 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pootle:
i salute op courage. wish i was like him...he ask for advise for a vehicle he can purchase with his budget not a life coaching class, i dont like the way nigerians are so quick to advising people

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by fineboynl(m): 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
Motor nor be here oh. Unplanned expenses. Yesterday I went out to pick something. When there off the car pick the something. Enter car make I move car refuse to start. I thought it was the battery I tap the terminal several time but it didn't work.

Chartered keke to be looking for election. Filially found one. He brought his battery but car didn't start. He said it's the Kickstarter.

Like play like play. 15k go like that.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? by Godsonkemz(m): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2023
Considering the current harsh economic situation you should not be thinking of buying a car if your income is 55k, even if your wife earns same amount.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cars To Stay Away From Or Not Look At Twice / Toyota Highlander SUV / How Do I Get To Elegushi From Anthony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.