Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� (926 Views)

Married At 13, Mother Of 8 At 27: How Enugu Teenager Finally Escaped A Hell. / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Any Girl That Is Getting Knacks At 15 Is Free To Get Married- Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by QuinModah(f): 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
At 15, I planned out my whole life and saw myself happily married at 23😂

There was nothing anyone could say to advise me.

At that time it was possible because things were going smoothly...

I was supposed to finish secondary school at 16, graduate from university at 22 as a doctor and get married at 23.😂

But life had other plans.

That same year,
-I almost lost my mother during childbirth.
-My dad cut off all contact with me
-I dropped out of the private school I was attending to go to a public school
-We almost became homeless

Nothing would have prepared me for that.
I wouldn't even have imagined I would be a copywriter, enjoy selling, or even be writing this post.

And even if I could take it all back, I don't think there is anything I would want to change...

Because those experiences made me the strong go-getter I am today.

I enjoy what I do, I feel good when I write and the idea of getting married at 23 seems ridiculous to me(I don't know what the idea of others may be)

What am I trying to say?

There is nothing wrong with setting goals but, don't beat yourself up when life happens and you can't achieve them.

Set goal
Make plans and just keep moving.
As far as you're moving, you're making progress

P.s Today, I just started a 30-day writing challenge with Chiamaka Joyce and it's going to be awesome. I can't wait to share all I have in store for you. ❤️

1 Like

Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by Bluntguy: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2023
[quote author=QuinModah post=120451355][/quote]
Man proposes.......
Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by ObaOfUyo: 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2023
Bluntguy:

Man proposes.......
God disposes
Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by dayleke: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
It's never too late na.... grin
Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
You may be happily married at 23 and be so sad and unhappy in marriage at 30.

Marriage is for life and you should enjoy your singlehood while you can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by shantti(m): 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
When I was growing, I planned to be richer than dangote by the time I must have turned 19.

3 Likes

Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by Karleb(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2023
Setting goals in Nigeria is like asking a girl for her body count.

If she says 4, add 10 to it.

You should have added 10 to your 23.

Nigeria will shatter you and your dreams, does not matter the money or influence you have.

It's even worse when you are average and worst when you are poor.

5 Likes

Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by QuinModah(f): 1:06am On Jan 29, 2023
shocked
Karleb:
Setting goals in Nigeria is like asking a girl for her body count.

If she says 4, add 10 to it.

You should have added 10 to your 23.

Nigeria will shatter you and your dreams, does not matter the money or influence you have.

It's even worse when you are average and worst when you are poor.
Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by Ireportlive: 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
undecided

Abeg no rushing in life

Graduated high school at 16, with blazing O levels, got Bsc double honours at 21 , served at 22, at 25 I had worked in a foriegn country and enjoyed whatever life had to offer

Truth is my mind wanted different things, like love, leadership qualities, Politics and not C++ , JavaScript and Web development or Forex or some routine boring life

1 Like

Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by wunmi590(m): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
Life is just like a Ludo Game or Snake & Ladder. cool

1 Like

Re: At 15, I Planned Out My Whole Life And Saw Myself Happily Married At 23� by QuinModah(f): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2023
9JAFULLBREED:
Life is just like a Ludo Game or Snake & Ladder. cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fkkik Tt / My Friends At What Age Should Parents Talk To There Kids About Sex Education?[ / A Woman Delivers Half HUMAN/ Half GOAT!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.