Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? (716 Views)

Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language / Learn Google Golang & Web Programming For Free / Java, Golang And Python Developers Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
Every time I use golang generics, I feel like an immortal. It makes my code more sexy and so assuring. One of the reasons I have come to fall in love so much with it is because I no longer have to bother myself about type casting passed arguments that satisfy the empty interface a.k.a any type.

No more writing spaghetti code that handles different data types, It's just amazing ! I don't really understand why some people find it so hard to see the light.

Do you like it too ? If no, why ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Deicide: 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2023
One reason I dislike golang it's cause of its syntax
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
Deicide:
One reason I dislike golang it's cause of its syntax
Hahaha ! You are joking, right ? Golang has a C-like syntax and it's quite minimalistic by design
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Deicide: 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
YoungCabal:
Hahaha ! You are joking, right ? Golang has a C-like syntax and it's quite minimalistic by design
How is it C like?
How is int i[] = {1, 2, 3} == I := []int{1, 2, 3} c like?

And this is just one aspect of it.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2023
Deicide:

How is it C like?

This is an inline variable declaration, you can still declare variables before initialization just like in C.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Deicide: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2023
YoungCabal:
This is an inline variable declaration, you can still declare variables before initialization just like in C.
You mean using var? How would that work with HashMap? Please the syntax should be c like
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Deicide:
You mean using var? How would that work with HashMap? Please the syntax should be c like
Lol! You can't eat your cake and have it back. The make keyword can be easily used to create maps, no matter how much you hate it, Golang will always be a better language compared to C.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Deicide: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
YoungCabal:
Lol! You can't eat your cake and have it back. The make keyword can be easily used to create maps, no matter how much you hate it, Golang will always be a better language compared to C.
Go Lang better than C is that the argument we are having?
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Deicide:
Go Lang better than C is that the argument we are having?
I don't think so. BTW! which language do you use since you dislike golang ?
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Brogrammer(m): 12:27am On Jan 30, 2023
YoungCabal:
Every time I use golang generics, I feel like an immortal. It makes my code more sexy and so assuring. One of the reasons I have come to fall in love so much with it is because I no longer have to bother myself about type casting passed arguments that satisfy the empty interface a.k.a any type.

No more writing spaghetti code that handles different data types, It's just amazing ! I don't really understand why some people find it so hard to see the light.

Do you like it too ? If no, why ?

Hey bro, trust you are doing well?!
How can i get started with GOLANG as a beginner? Can you recommend me a course that teaches from the basics down to the advance level?
Thanks.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by jbreezy: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2023
Brogrammer:

How can i get started with GOLANG as a beginner? Can you recommend me a course that teaches from the basics down to the advance level?
Thanks.
Search Hitech Chouboury Golang course on youtube
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 9:27am On Jan 30, 2023
Brogrammer:

Thanks.
Personally, I didn't really go through a course. I already had prior knowledge of C and PHP before switching to it, I started with The go programming language book co-authored by Brian Kernighan but I think it can also be recommended to anyone
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by tollyboy5(m): 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
Deicide:

How is it C like?

Honestly speaking, grin grin .

Golang made simple variable declaration rocket science. There's an angle you'll view golang code from, you'll need to take things slower 😂😂.

But I like the c terms like address and pointers .

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
tollyboy5:

Golang made simple variable declaration rocket science. There's an angle you'll view golang code from, you'll need to take things slower 😂😂.

why this ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The syntax aren't that terrible, y'all should calm down abeg
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Deicide: 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
tollyboy5:

The programming language it easy but it is also very verbose and the syntax are terrible. If not that's fast I don't think most people would even use it.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2023
Deicide:
The programming language it easy but it is also very verbose and the syntax are terrible. If not that's fast I don't think most people would even use it.
It has to be verbose, its a system programming language after all. Which language do you use for your projects ?
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Xandelle: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2023
Do y'all even know the meaning of verbose?
If you say golang is verbose, what will you now say of C#, and Java?

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Enceladus(m): 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
So Golang now has Generics? 😂 The lack of it and
if err != nil
made me focus on Rust. I will have to check it out again soon.

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 4:59am On Feb 09, 2023
Xandelle:
Do y'all even know the meaning of verbose?
If you say golang is verbose, what will you now say of C#, and Java?
I think the word verbose was used here to highlight capabilities not complexity
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by niel63(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2023
Golang be like C mixed Js.

If you sabi Js, golang no go hard.

Check am well.

The only language I think I'd prefer learning now is rust... but what's the need. Na 9ja I dey.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by Nobody: 2:02am On May 12, 2023
Chai. Finally I'm starting to come to realization this long term Core tech stuff isn't for me.

How can I be finding Syntax sexy angry

I'd love to be in the Tech ecosystem but as the one directing others (the programmers and geeks).

Just one good idea away from realizing this... I believe I've learnt enough programming to not look stupid when reviewing my employees final products or something.

I can't imagine myself sitting on the desk in front of monitor all day long typing syntax up and down and looking for next framework to jump into and start reading documentations.

Fuck_No!

Seems I'm more of JackMa, Steve Jobs kinda guy.
Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 8:31am On May 12, 2023
niel63:
Golang be like C mixed Js.

If you sabi Js, golang no go hard.

Check am well.

The only language I think I'd prefer learning now is rust... but what's the need. Na 9ja I dey.
Golang is too sweet ! I have played with rust too, my problem with rust is its fast changing API and it doesn't come with certain things in the box, you'll have to experiment and make too many difficult decisions before you could even build anything tangible with it unlike golang that is plug and play

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Using Golang Generics Sexy ? by YoungCabal: 8:39am On May 12, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
Chai. Finally I'm starting to come to realization this long term Core tech stuff isn't for me.

How can I be finding Syntax sexy angry

I'd love to be in the Tech ecosystem but as the one directing others (the programmers and geeks).

Just one good idea away from realizing this... I believe I've learnt enough programming to not look stupid when reviewing my employees final products or something.

I can't imagine myself sitting on the desk in front of monitor all day long typing syntax up and down and looking for next framework to jump into and start reading documentations.

Fuck_No!

Seems I'm more of JackMa, Steve Jobs kinda guy.

Lol! Every aboki to his kettle, it's still fine. Just do what you love

(1) (Reply)

Javascript / Anyone With A Copy Of Mapobjects? / Please Advise Me On How To Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.