Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom (359 Views)

Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari / NANS Leaders' Smile After Meeting Buhari, As PMB Speaks / Protesters Delayed Governor Yahaya Bello From Meeting Buhari In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by OddsDoc(f): 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has said he had not seen President Muhammadu Buhari for four years, as he had been blocked from gaining audience.

Governor Ortom made the revelation in an interview with Vanguard, which you can read HERE.

Asked if it was not too much fighting the Federal Government and his (Ortom) party’s presidential candidate, in an election year, he said there was no need for fear and no dilemma.

“There is nothing like having fear about winning election or not winning election. It does not really come in.

“I am doing the wish of my people, whatever you hear me speak and I have challenged them, I have consulted with them and I told them, ‘if I am not doing your wish, draw my attention, I will go back’.

“This matter (security) that I have been branded a bad man by the presidency, if my people tell me that ‘Ortom this is too much please withdraw’, I will go back and apologise to the President.

“I have not seen the President for four years, they have blocked me and I said fine, let me stay and do my work because I was not elected by presidency.

“I have been denied a lot of things that would have come to Benue state, nothing comes here.

“Those people who are against me and are working for APC, it is their shame because I expected that they didn’t want me to have any access to the President.

“Now that they have him alone, what have they attracted to Benue state? Nothing.

“When they are making appointments, Niger, Nasarawa, Kogi, Plateau and others, nothing comes to Benue.

“But these are people from Benue here, who are living on crumbs and who have not performed and who have nothing to show when they were given power by the same Benue people they have not been able to impact on their lives.

“I challenge anyone to come out in all sectors of the economy in the state. I have projects that I have executed despite all the problems that I have.

“I sit among my colleagues who ask me, ‘My brother, are you not afraid of your life?’

“I said look, life belongs to God, the day God wants me to die, nobody will stop it. I cannot stop myself and it is only a fool that dies 20 times before his actual death.

“Otherwise a wise man should die once, when that time comes you cannot stop it and it happens.

“So as far as I am concerned, I am not worried about the election. Look, being a senator for instance is not the issue but service. First things first.

“The day I will stand before the judgment seat of God, God will ask me, ‘What did you do when you were local government chairman? What did you do when you were secretary of PDP? What did you do when you were deputy chairman? What did you when you were national auditor? What did you do when you were minister? What did you do when you were governor?’

“And for me as a student of the Bible, the Bible teaches me to make use of the little I have because it depends on what you do with the little that have been committed into your hands. If you do well, you can be given more.”

Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by PrinceOfLagos: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2023
Buhari wants to correct his many mistakes by giving Nigerians free and fair election as his parting gift

so no vex your Excellency

1 Like

Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by Jalinspy(f): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2023
E no go better for tinubu and his urchins grin. Watin Ortom do Tinubu undecided?
VOTE WISELY
Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by sheba123(f): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2023
Some people are second class citizens in this country
Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by dat9jaguy(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Buhari wants to correct his many mistakes by giving Nigerians free and fair election as his parting gift

so no vex your Excellency

Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by Kasdat5(m): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2023
Why must you see him ?
Pay salaries first.
Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by FarahAideed: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
Nobody blocked U..Buhari doesn't like you and doesn't want to see u
Re: They Blocked From Meeting Buhari For 4 Yrs – Ortom by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
FarahAideed:
Nobody blocked U..Buhari doesn't like you and doesn't want to see u

Listen to yourself.

Lack of proper education is African problem.

A leader is not meant to dislike the people he is leading.

(1) (Reply)

2023 Election: Why I’m Aligning With Tinubu – Nnamani / Godwin Emefiele Should Be Sacked If These Issues Continue...Governors Told PMB / Resident Cried Out As ATM Machine Paid Them Fake New Naira Notes, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.