Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. (31709 Views)

Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / Oyedepo Offers Closing Sermon At Pastor Dare Adeboye's Farewell Service / Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by CursedOsuPigs: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2023
grin
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Mrkumareze(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2023
Until Angel barnabas slap you, u go learn to close eyes

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by frowland(m): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2023
Bahamas95:
Closing of eyes is just a way of avoiding distraction.

Our parents told us many lies back then to guide us.

Tell a LIE to guide the sheep. Yeah right!
Maybe our pastors are also โ€˜lyingโ€™ to us to โ€˜guide usโ€™?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by DLivingAncestor: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2023
Mine , my mum told me then that whenever we open our eyes during prayers, that evil spirits that left people will enter your body if you open your eyes

Damn ! I was scared then ehnnnn, even if body dey scratch me or person dey tap me, I no dey open eye

Different lies our parents told us then , but closing of eyes help to avoid distraction and aids concentration when communicating to God

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by ogub(m): 9:30am On Jan 29, 2023
All in the name of creating a topics, somepeople just create unnecessary topics that has nothing to teach or learn from.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Timagex(m): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2023
sorextee:
I believed that lie wen I was younger too.

Thank God I'm not the only one. ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Olatara(f): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2023
nigeriancritic1:
Your mum was right. Depends on the level of prayer and the presence of Holy spirit in the gathering.

We had a powerful vigil around 1996 and my immediate younger brother opened his eyes mid prayer. He got slapped and never knew who did it.

I was present at the vigil and I know how powerful out prophet was. The prophet was later weakened.

We lack holiness these days and we can't get much of that powerful presence.
Really? Abii nah mama slap the poor boy.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Buhari4sale: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2023
Have you ever prayed while having doggie and your request was granted?

It happened to me.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Timagex(m): 9:32am On Jan 29, 2023
updatechange:
Weyrey๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Househelp(m): 9:33am On Jan 29, 2023
CrownedPhoenix:

Dey try write clearly make people dey understand
grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Timagex(m): 9:33am On Jan 29, 2023
Shebbs:

"I was either deceived or the angel forgot our church." Got me.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Bro! I didn't know what to believe. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Odingo1: 9:33am On Jan 29, 2023
nigeriancritic1:
Your mum was right. Depends on the level of prayer and the presence of Holy spirit in the gathering.

We had a powerful vigil around 1996 and my immediate younger brother opened his eyes mid prayer. He got slapped and never knew who did it.

I was present at the vigil and I know how powerful out prophet was. The prophet was later weakened.

Africans and superstitious believe, angel can slap someone in the church where you are using Chinese made microphones preach in church, UK generators, Chinese handset to communicate, clothes you wear on your body are foreign made. Yours pastors clothes and everything in church is foreign made. You jump bad roads to enter your church weโ€™re angels is slapping you.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Franking: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2023
Prayer sef is a session of wishful deluded thinking.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by nigeriancritic1(m): 9:36am On Jan 29, 2023
Odingo1:

Africans and superstitious believe, angel can slap someone in the church where are using Chinese made microphones, UK generators, Chinese handset to communicate, clothes you wear on your body are foreign made. Yours pastors clothes and everything in church is foreign made.

We didn't use any electronic. The prophet (not pastor) just came around the community for the special crusade. Probably less than 50 people gathered that night in a neighbouring compound.

You don't know much. I have seen the power of God moved.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Househelp(m): 9:36am On Jan 29, 2023
fennels007:
I stopped closing my eyes during prayer WHEN ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS TOLD ME HOW HE CAME INTO MY STORE AND STOOD WATCHING ME PRAY FOR SOMETIME and left. To convince me that he came, he described everything in my store including the spot I left my phone. I was shock and humiliated.
grin grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by occfx: 9:37am On Jan 29, 2023
Timagex:
A long time ago, when I was still a very curious kid, i asked mum why people close eyes during prayers. She told me that, during prayers, an angel is always on patrol and the angel pokes the eyes of people who dare open their eyes!!! shocked shocked. I was greatly afraid. This created a sense of fear in me and I always close my eyes tightly during any form of prayer. I started suspecting all those prayer warriors who walk around during prayers maybe they were angels. grin

One day, I needed to pay a certain fee, so, I came all the way from children church to adult church. There was an intense prayer session going on. I became afraid as there was no way to go in with my eyes closed. I peered and looked (maybe I will see the angel and dodge him) but, I didn't see anything. I rushed in, located my mum and she opened her purse to give me the money. She also asked me a few questions. She did all these with her eyes wide opened!! shocked Lo and behold, nothing happened to her eyes and my eyes. grin I was even more surprised when I saw the pastor with his eyes wide open while praying and leading prayers!!! shocked shocked. Abomination!! I waited in vain for the angel to strike, nothing happened. I was so disappointed and confused.

I started opening my eyes during prayers to see what will happen. Nothing. The problem now was, there was no way to tell mummy of my discovery without telling her that I now open my eyes during prayers. My position was, I was either deceived or the angel forgot our church. grin grin

Over 20 years ago and still smile any time I remember. cool cool. I'm not a consistent church goer these days tho....

Happy Sunday beautiful people. May God shine his light unto us. smiley

That's how a lot of us were deceived and are still been deceived. You see this earth, let no human tell you anything about this earth. It is you and your God. I have concluded that sense is needed in everything I am doing including church and religion.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by nigeriancritic1(m): 9:37am On Jan 29, 2023
Olatara:

When last did you hear the word "Holiness"?

It was a serious discourse in those days. People of today are not worshiping and are largely unclean.

Yoked with the world
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Househelp(m): 9:38am On Jan 29, 2023
Olatara:
gringrin
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:39am On Jan 29, 2023
CrownedPhoenix:

Dey try write clearly make people dey understand

My words are clear.

Treasures are usually hidden and those who know the value and importance of it always dig it out to find it. I am not supposed to lay out the whole thing. You have to do the work.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Odingo1: 9:40am On Jan 29, 2023
nigeriancritic1:

We didn't use any electronic. The prophet (not pastor) just came around the community for the special crusade. Probably less than 50 people gathered that night in a neighbouring compound.

You don't know much. I have seen the power of God moved.
Prophet that is giving you prophecy in darkness. No electricity in your community, all essential things that make you to enjoy life as humans is giving to you by Europeans, Chinese and the rest and you think you have a prophet.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Timagex(m): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2023
occfx:

That's how a lot of us were deceived and are still been deceived. You see this earth, let no human tell you anything about this earth. It is you and your God. I have concluded that sense is needed in everything I am doing including church and religion.

You are right bro.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by JaskanFactor: 9:40am On Jan 29, 2023
When eyes are open you see a world referred to in ancient times as the world of maya, matter, mother the world of illusion.
Open eyes see the world of make believe, the world where tiny people have grouped together to form everything you see, cause the things you see in the world of maya eventually return to thier true nature.

True nature being the world you see in your mind when your eyes are closed , meaning your mind is far closer to reality when your eyes are closed compared to when eyes are open.

And one of the greatest mysteries in this world that few are aware of is that , very very much happens to mind immediately you close your eyes.

For example i do taichi, and the moment i close my eyes, i feel like a different person and the tachi is is far smoother.

Breath in goes with eyes open that is work, breath out goes with eyes closed for you to get the enlightenment from the work you just did with breathe in and eyes open, and thew cycle continues. If the breathing is done for you, you get breath, but not enlightenment, so they call this mediation, the highest form of prayer is done with breath only.

In short you become a god, when you close your eyes.

In ancient times it was so widely known that eyes closed is wisdom that there was an ancient god called i think abraxis whose statue always shows him with one eye closed to indicate the wise one.

Close your eyes often to see, never stay awake too long else you miss the action in the real world.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by nigeriancritic1(m): 9:42am On Jan 29, 2023
Odingo1:

Prophet that is giving you prophecy in darkness. No electricity in your community, all essential things that make you to enjoy life as humans is giving to you by Europeans, Chinese and the rest and you think you have a prophet.

Do you think it is always necessary to make noise in neighbourhood as a good form of worship.

It was a small gathering that needed no electronics for noise. We had light and could hear one another clearly.
Don't be mischievous.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by lomodele(m): 9:44am On Jan 29, 2023
lmao grin, dem woze ur brother slap after u guys were warned not to open ur eyes. It might be d person ur brother don offend b4 that decide to give am one dirty slap and the slap was so hot that ur brother couldn't see clearly to c who did it, so no be angel slap am grin
nigeriancritic1:

I remember we were warned not to open our eyes that night.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by marsup: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2023
Timagex:
A long time ago, when I was still a very curious kid, i asked mum why people close eyes during prayers. She told me that, during prayers, an angel is always on patrol and the angel pokes the eyes of people who dare open their eyes!!! shocked shocked. I was greatly afraid. This created a sense of fear in me and I always close my eyes tightly during any form of prayer. I started suspecting all those prayer warriors who walk around during prayers maybe they were angels. grin

One day, I needed to pay a certain fee, so, I came all the way from children church to adult church. There was an intense prayer session going on. I became afraid as there was no way to go in with my eyes closed. I peered and looked (maybe I will see the angel and dodge him) but, I didn't see anything. I rushed in, located my mum and she opened her purse to give me the money. She also asked me a few questions. She did all these with her eyes wide opened!! shocked Lo and behold, nothing happened to her eyes and my eyes. grin I was even more surprised when I saw the pastor with his eyes wide open while praying and leading prayers!!! shocked shocked. Abomination!! I waited in vain for the angel to strike, nothing happened. I was so disappointed and confused.

I started opening my eyes during prayers to see what will happen. Nothing. The problem now was, there was no way to tell mummy of my discovery without telling her that I now open my eyes during prayers. My position was, I was either deceived or the angel forgot our church. grin grin

Over 20 years ago and still smile any time I remember. cool cool. I'm not a consistent church goer these days tho....

Funny you.
Tell your kids the same thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by ibinaboonline: 9:49am On Jan 29, 2023
Very funny. But I'm not surprised you're no longer consistent even though that's the exact opposite of what your mom wanted. African parents make this mistake of filling children's heads with bullshit because they think it'll provide a better result or the kids are too young for the knowledge. It's different in the west where they tell kids the truth of where babies come from but just keep the fine details. It makes kids smarter and more likely to think logically.
Timagex:

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by malvisguy212: 9:51am On Jan 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

One of the best moments when your soul rises. That is why the Bible Said house of mourning. Those are are some of the many codes the Bible dropped and people have experienced but they do not real eyes that that is what the Bible is telling them, so they miss it and they have wasted church going.
I agree with you.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Odingo1: 9:56am On Jan 29, 2023
nigeriancritic1:

Do you think it is always necessary to make noise in neighbourhood as a good form of worship.

It was a small gathering that needed no electronics for noise. We had light and could hear one another clearly.
Don't be mischievous.

African man you donโ€™t want to hear the truth. Nigeria look like where you have a prophet abiโ€ฆ
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Ofemmanu1: 10:10am On Jan 29, 2023
MITCHELL96:
๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

I still close my eyes when I pray shaa, it makes the connection and communication real since you can't see Jesus with your physical eyes.

Closing your eyes also helps in concentration.

I remember praying one time like that and something just made me open my eyes and It was straight at one magazine on the side table which had a nude lady as the cover, it made me lose focus I swear but I still managed to pray but that girl pic was still ringing in my head and mind ๐Ÿ˜†

Now, tell me if that wasn't the work of the devil to distract me, Satan uses many means to trick people.

Onisekuse.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by Bahamas95(m): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

If the foundation is faulty, what can the righteous do?

There was never a need to lie to children who needed The RIGHT and SAFE Education.

Now; Many of The Kids that have been lied to over the years are Already Grown Adults Breeding More Lies in Their Own Confusions Too.

We should grow our children with the RIGHT Information and Knowledge. They will understand. It is better than lying to them.
You're right but it's an African thing. Most African parents find it difficult to say some certain things because they believe children are too young to hear them which is wrong. Like for instance they won't mention the word "Penis" in front of their children. They would prefer to call it funny names like tintin, sintรจ, pimpim etc. grin

I taught my 14yr old cousin so many things she knows now, her mum is the religious type who would prefer to speak in parables. Whenever I am giving her sex education I don't hold back anything, I say it raw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by tete7000(m): 10:24am On Jan 29, 2023
When you become a parent, you will understand.
Re: Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2023
Angel might not have time 2 shook hand 4 ya eye now comrade, buh I assure u dat our resident nl MOG here won't hesitate 2 do dat, free of charge 4 angel if called upon.
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-Knight Accuses Bishop Ibezim Of Corruption, Gets Arrested / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? / EndSARS: Pastor Enenche On Protest 'Nigerians Have Been Keeping Quiet For Long'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.