Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (78107 Views)

New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Adjourned To February 16, 2022 / BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by MatrixCircle: 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
Now kidnappers and corrupt politicians are now distributing thier ill gotten wealth among bankers and some hired people to go and pay into the banks because most of them can't pay in the loots in thier names. That's the reliable information circulating.
When did the Nigerian politicians started speaking for the poor masses if not in a way for them to pay in the ill gotten loots. Many of the guys carrying those money on queues at various banks around the country are not the real owners. Just take a look at them. They are paying in for criminals. Just take a look at them.
At least 10 days extention will not enter election periods.
Let people vote thier conscience and a better Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Felix6: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
For those that usually say my prophecy doesn't come to pass, can you now see that this one has come to pass. I Prophesy that the date would be shifted beyond 31st January, and it has happened. I hope I'm now vindicated that I'm not a fake Prophet.

This is the prophecy below.

people predict outcomes of events and wins Bet. Does that make them a prophet? You rightly hinged your predictions on the reasons the change was introduced. That doesn't make you a "prophet".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by oliverano: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
dominique:
I hope it's true o! I'm still trying to see the sense in plunging millions of people into losses because you don't want politicians to bribe voters and you want to impose silly cashless policy. When you don't want to be unfortunate.

grin grin grin grin

Dominique dey vex ooo
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Mrkumareze(m): 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
IMASTEX:

Why shouldn't they? If banks that were supposed to be the main means through which the old notes should be faced out were still paying with the same old notes as at last week?

Banks are the major setback we have, they receive the new notes and hand it over to the corrupt politicians in exchange for their bulk money. This gives bank manager good profit as they usually charge from 10 to 20 percent for such huge deal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by justmi1: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
SunMusk:
Let the money ease to become a legal tender on the 31st January but banks should collect it until March or April. This is how advance country do things. The running of monetary policy is in the hand of the cbn. Not the president, even US president didn't have a say when the FED make policy. But Nigeria is just corruption corruption.The should just focus on the fiscal policy of things through is ministers. This confusion should stop if Nigeria must get it right.
I don't get, if banks can accept it then it's still a legal tender because every other person would accept it because they know bank would accept it. This country sef
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by seunmsg(m): 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
I’m glad common sense finally prevailed. In addition, CBN should immediately ban banks from issuing the old notes. Only the new notes should be issued from all ATM machines and across the counter from Monday. Any bank still issuing the old notes should be heavily sanctioned.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by vowiski(m): 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
For those that usually say my prophecy doesn't come to pass, can you now see that this one has come to pass. I Prophesy that the date would be shifted beyond 31st January, and it has happened. I hope I'm now vindicated that I'm not a fake Prophet.

From history , every single deadline has been extended in Nigeria …

I don’t see why you Dey proud.

Even the dumb, knew it will be extended ..

Even the election might be extended by 2 weeks ..

We are used to it cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Isabi4lov: 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:

I also knew they'll extend it expect they want another war to happen.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by bluefilm: 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
They will still extend it again after that 10th.

The goal right now is to get as many people as possible to put their money in the bank.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by ceeceeco: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lagos is a product of more than 100 years in the making and THE FCT from 1960-1991, Anambra was only created in 1991.

no logical person will expect anambra to become like Lagos overnight or become like London in just 8years of OBI.

Before tinubu became the governor of lagos state, lagos was already considered one of the finest and richest cities in Africa even before tinubu became the governor.

(Lagos already had international economic boosting infrastructures like airports, seaports, major road networks, football stadiums and many others even before tinubu became the governor of lagos state). Lagos was actually the former FCT.

before OBI became the governor of Anambra state, Anambra never had things like an
-airport or seaport
Anambra never even had basic things like
- a teaching hospital
- not even a government secretariat, a government house or a government office,
( can you imagine that?)?
- not even a functioning government school
( the children has been home for two years without school in Anambra).
- Anambra was owing a pension debt of #35b
- Anambra had the worst security in Nigeria

that was the kind of state OBI inherited so we can not compare him with tinubu who inherited a state that was the former FCT, a lagos state that was already considered one of the finest and richest in Africa even before tinubu became the governor.

OBI transformed Anambra, OBI built
-The first teaching hospital
-The first government secretariat, OBI also rebuilt the government house and government office
-Saved the money that was used to build the first airport in Anambra
- restored education in Anambra, taking it from number 26 to number one in Nigeria
- cleared the pension debt of #35b he inherited
- never owed any worker salary or pension as at the time he was living office
- Anambra was eventually declared the safest state in Nigeria during PETER OBI by the then inspector general of police .
- during PETER OBI Anambra was eventually declared the state with the highest road network by the federal ministry of works

With all that and many more ACHIEVEMENTS, OBI never borrowed.

Have you imagined what would have happened if OBI inherited a state like lagos as tinubu did?

OBI IS TRULY A GOLD.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by MatrixCircle: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
booblacain:

Better go and change your notes now. In 10 days time you will still be complaining about how government wants plung millions of people into losses.

Don't mind the guy. Even if 1 year extention is given Nigerians will still complain of inability to return old Naira notes and still mention effect on poor masses.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Brownshoe: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kaiser20:
. Use your brain!
Extension is not cancelation.
CBN only considered the plead of many governors to allow those citizens living in rural areas to change their old notes.
watch who you can quote and who you can't quote, we are not mate.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by iscom(m): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
OK
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by WantsandMore: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
dominique:
I hope it's true o! I'm still trying to see the sense in plunging millions of people into losses because you don't want politicians to bribe voters and you want to impose silly cashless policy. When you don't want to be unfortunate.

Doesn’t make sense to be honest, boya we’ll now be changing currency every election ni?
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by asobo1: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
OkutaNla:
I saw this coming. If not for this extension, the coming week would be very chaotic. The FG may not be able to handle the fallout. The policy is really hurting Buhari's rep particularly in the North at the moment, which was why Atiku tried to ride on it some days ago.
Atiku asked for slight extension, slight extension happened today. I know my president
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Solababa91(m): 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
Copying policies of developed nations has been one of our problems, solution to our problems should be tailor made, Nigerians are not as patriotic as those guys you want us to copy. They don't buy votes, neither do they stack cash at home like our politicians do here.
SunMusk:
Let the money ease to become a legal tender on the 31st January but banks should collect it until March or April. This is how advance country do things. The running of monetary policy is in the hand of the cbn. Not the president, even US president didn't have a say when the FED make policy. But Nigeria is just corruption corruption.The should just focus on the fiscal policy of things through is ministers. This confusion should stop if Nigeria must get it right.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by bewla(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
dominique:

Them no get sense at all all my Boyz will be p o s for me to pay 4 Vote

Them no fit cage us every area get agbero big boy
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Image123(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
honey001:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/578566-breaking-cbn-extends-deadline-for-use-of-old-naira-notes.html

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-extends-deadline-for-old-naira-notes-to-feb-10/amp

An even poorer decision. The deadline is even closer to the elections, making it more harmful and chaotic if the new notes are not readily available for the public.
Some people who have never had up to 50,000 naira in their accounts think this affects vote buying or ability of politicians to get new notes. Politicians that bank managers will personally bring the money to their house. Ordinary branch managers of multinational companies have banks at their beck and call. Do you now think it is Obi that has links with Fidelity bank, or Atiku or Tinubu that are not connected enough or will be cash strapped?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by leisuretym: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
They have no choice
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Isabi4lov: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
New notes that ought to have been in circulation since last year December.

I knew they'll extend the deadline undecided
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
RichDad1:
Emefiele is spineless after all. 😂😂😂
He dare not cross path with a moving train like the Jagaban. ♾♾♾

Wailers and the mobs you’re free to rant 🤡🤡🤡🤡
Stop self servicing
It's just 10 days
Your Oga wanted six months

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by lobiologs(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
Make them no extend am na, people that don't have sense. But why do I also feel like they knew they were gonna extend it from the beginning

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Solababa91(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
I can't agree less.
MatrixCircle:
Now kidnappers and corrupt politicians are now distributing thier ill gotten wealth among bankers and some hired people to go and pay into the banks because most of them can't pay in the loots in thier names. That's the reliable information circulating.
Man did the Nigerian politicians started speaking for the poor masses if not in a way for them to pay in the ill gotten loots.
At least 10 days extention will not enter election periods.
Let people vote thier conscience and a better Nigeria.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by AngelicBeing: 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:

For the first time, your prophecy has come to pass, I will speak to Celestial Beings to credit your aza with 14 million dollars tongue
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Image123(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
MatrixCircle:

Don't mind the guy. Even if 1 year extention is given Nigerians will still complain of inability to return old Naira notes and still mention effect on poor masses.

Then no need for any deadlines or RUSH. Simply mop out the old currencies as it comes to the bank.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by mechanics(m): 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
BestMan001:
Must they extend it?
hahhahah, the new notes is not available, so they have to extend it.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by NothingDoMe: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Modify your post to add: "This I have seen"
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Talkizcheap: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gbaaaaaaaam. makes no sense with this CBN senseless policy. people in the rural area are already bearing the brunt.

PNomsule:
Do not compel a population of over 200million people to deposit their Old cash within a short notice. It will most definitely end in chaos. Na wa for Bubu reasoning fa

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by QuotaSystem: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Seun:
I'm actually surprised that they announced the extension this early, otherwise I'm not surprised. Buhari did what we knew he had to do.

If they didn’t and delayed any further, things would have been chaotic tomorrow. Tensions would rise and banks would have been overwhelmed.

Thoughtful and timely decision.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Abudat(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Buhari's has no ball. Common sense suppose tell him he's to give 6 months notice ahead. If he did the policy in order to curb politicians, then it has failed with the extension.
I just don't like a man that pretends to be good but is very bad!
At the end, people ll hate APC more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Atiku And Wife Jennifer At Buhari's Inauguration (photo) / "Nigeria Is Better Without The Igbos" - Alaba Ajibola, Babcock University Staff / Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.