Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (78170 Views)

New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Adjourned To February 16, 2022 / BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Kaysalas(m): 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
For those that usually say my prophecy doesn't come to pass, can you now see that this one has come to pass. I Prophesy that the date would be shifted beyond 31st January, and it has happened. I hope I'm now vindicated that I'm not a fake Prophet.

This is the prophecy below.

grin
Dey Dia dey playing wink

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by IMASTEX: 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
Padipadi:
Buhari's has no ball. Common sense suppose tell him he's to give 6 months notice ahead. If he did the policy in order to curb politicians, then it has failed with the extension.
I just don't like a man that pretends to be good but is very bad!
At the end, people ll hate APC more.
What made you feel the same politicians with strong connect in the banking industry & government haven't already loaded their warehouses with the new notes as usual. The policy will only affect regular individuals.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
Bigchristo:
I am yet to see CBN publishing this news, I just visited their website until then I don’t believe this stupid APC urchins

Believe what you want, BAT will win.
The deadline must be extended or there will be chaos.

The currency is not in circulation, only Lagos and Abuja seems to have it followed by a dew states.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
BestMan001:
Must they extend it?

Why shouldn't they?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by lrman(m): 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
Bigchristo:
I am yet to see CBN publishing this news, I just visited their website until then I don’t believe this stupid APC urchins

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/01/29/breaking-cbn-extends-old-naira-deadline-till-february-10/

I guess channels tv too is APC urchins

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Tektronics12: 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Needs to be extended Again by Six Months or a Year.

Emiefele is the Most Backward CBN Governor ever!

9 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lol
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
IMASTEX:

What made you feel the same politicians with strong connect in the banking industry & government haven't already loaded their warehouses with the new notes as usual. The policy will only affect regular individuals.

Very true, it won't affect stealators and politicians just ordinary Nigerians.

Those clamoring for the Jan 31st deadlines are the brats of stealators and politicians who have no stake in the country's future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by yourfatherhead: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Emefiele is a big idiot with small brain.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Tenshades(m): 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I hope I'm now vindicated that I'm not a fake Prophet.

Not yet vindicated.

Deadline extension is a very common thing in Nigeria.

Predict 100,000 odds to enter to prove you are a real prophet.

🤨🤨🤨

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Anarchy2017(m): 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Melezenawii: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
Why should there be deadline in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by jaytee01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
Opintiwa:
Even if you extend it for extra 100 days . no vote buying for the cocaine sniffer called Ebola Hamed thiefnu'bu

I hope urchins will not cry fowl again when the extra 11 days expire

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Karemarealty288(m): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nigerian Senate is so useless ......they passed their useless extension date to Jun 31th

Bunch of fools created a new calender for Jun 31th.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Brownshoe: 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
Another title for this" CBN finally bow
to pressure"
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by zed7: 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
Foolish people, do they have a choice? Until they flood the country with new notes, we'll keep having extensions.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by EmekaBlue(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
quentin06:

An extension was expected or else there d be chaos.

People have forgotten what happen during covid, when politicians hoarded palliative, na their houses dem for go get new currency.
I for like that settings. Maybe man can loot bank also

The thieves ontop if u have idea of the amount they are looting ehn. E go shock u

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
BestMan001:
Must they extend it?

NONSENSE ENOUGH TIME FOR TINUBU TO CHANGE HIS BULLION VANS TO THE NEW CURRENCIES

VOTE BUYING AND ARRANGEE OVER-VOTING IN POLLING UNITS HE LOST IN OVERLOAD

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by angelfallz(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
You won't incur any loss if you deposit your old notes into your bank account. If the bank has no new notes to give you, the bank can do a transfer to your account.
For example, let us say you have 1 million naira in old 1000, 500 and 200 notes and you deposit it at the bank, the bank can then transfer 1 million naira to your account. Simple.
dominique:
I hope it's true o! I'm still trying to see the sense of plunging millions of people into losses because you don't want politicians to bribe voters and you want to impose silly cashless policy. When you don't want to be unfortunate.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Bahamas95(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
If you have an opportunity to leave this cursed country don't hesitate to do that.....These politicians don't have anything good to offer Nigerians. They always come up with policies to inflict more suffering on the masses.

Changing of the currencies doesn't make sense to me because the criminals have it in their houses already. Just a phone call and bank managers would be in their door post.

Since this rubbish start una don see any politician pikin for queue? Nigerians be wise!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by FireUpNow(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
I just hope this is true because this country na the more you look the less you see
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by oluplus(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Anarchy2017:
Lies. Stop deceiving people

Confirmed. Saw it in channels news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Fawazzz: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Great.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by BloomingDale(f): 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
FalseProphet1:
For those that usually say my prophecy doesn't come to pass, can you now see that this one has come to pass. I Prophesy that the date would be shifted beyond 31st January, and it has happened. I hope I'm now vindicated that I'm not a fake Prophet.

This is the prophecy below.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence knew they were going to extend it by a few weeks.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by davidtemi(m): 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
CBN ti fuckup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by felzokugo(m): 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
dominique:
I hope it's true o! I'm still trying to see the sense in plunging millions of people into losses because you don't want politicians to bribe voters and you want to impose silly cashless policy. When you don't want to be unfortunate.

Let me undstnd you...do u mean u want politicians to bribe voters?? How will it plung people into losses if time is given for everyone to take d old notes for exchnge to d new ones?
Abeg explain...lemme get ur point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Kaiser20: 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
RichDad1:
Emefiele is spineless after all. 😂😂😂
He dare not cross path with a moving train like the Jagaban. ♾♾♾

Wailers and the mobs you’re free to rant 🤡🤡🤡🤡
Tinubu is not asking for extension,he is asking for total cancelation of the new naira Policy because he thinks it's always against him. But the policy still remains whether Tinubu likes it or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by israelmao(m): 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tinubu's camp basking in joy thinking that they can accomplish their mission.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Solababa91(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Postponed or not, I don't expect the new naira note to be everywhere as was the old one, the idea of the whole currency redesign is to reduce money in circulation and push transactions online.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by whippersnapper(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
better oh. hmmm. February 10 again they'll still extend it. no be Nigeria again
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by lrman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Anarchy2017:
Lies. Stop deceiving people

God Will punish you if the news is later confirmed to be true... angry

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu: I Was A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity But Didnt Pour Acid On Anyone / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.