Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? (15758 Views)

FACT CHECK: Was Minimum Wage Stagnant During PDP’s 16 Years As Claimed? / Fact-Check: Was Nnamdi Kanu Taken Out Of Abuja By DSS To Avoid Court Appearance? / Bashir Ahmad: "This Is December & There Is No Fuel Scarcity". See Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Olaolex: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
A
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Obidientyoruba: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Y
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Angelfrost(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
My issue is not even that Buhari has failed woefully to deliver on his promises...! That's no longer worth arguing of vexing over since he is done with his pathetic administration!

The issue which remains shocking is how young people can actually comfortably defend his failures even make cases for him.

I'm deeply shocked that APC can boldly campaign to retain power without remorse!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by specialmati(m): 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
All this don't really matter to me now. What matters to me now is how bullion Van will miss its way into my compound. If God can do it for someone then He can also do it for me
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by SodiumValproate: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Fuel scarcity during Jonathan's regime can't be compared with Buhari.

Omo! Fuel scarcity was the anthem during Jonathan's regime.

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by olisaEze(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
You might be hard pressed to find an excuse the APC has not yet employed to explain away the gross incompetence and ineptitude in their seven year misrule of the nation. Why blame a political party that they don’t share power with when the Minister of Petroleum for the past 7 yrs is left blameless! The so called APC youth leader has conveniently forgotten that his principal said the redesigned Naira notes, a policy of his own party, is also sabotage against him! I’d like to see him on Arise Tv to say who exactly is sabotaging who. Maybe when Rufai Oseni interviews him we might just discover again that fuel tankers are also missing their way into private residences in Lagos too! grin
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by davidtemi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
FACT CONFIRMED:

Was there any December without fuel scarcity?
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by lomprico(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
He is an urchin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by lomprico(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
SodiumValproate:

We are talking about apc's tenure. Urchin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
MrHyde:
Historically, there's always fuel scarcity pre election periods as political will is low during this time.
Even with the threat of DSS I bought fuel today at 250 Naira/litre

For this election, the main issue is simple...subsidy budget cannot cover the losses NNPC sustains in selling the product at a loss.

And this is made worse by events since Dec 2021...when oil prices rose, Feb 2022, when Russia and Ukraine kicked off...and then the bad weather of 2022 ending.

One cannot sell fuel below what it costs to produce and transport it, and expect no scarcity...expescially if subsidy does not cover it.

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by asanausana91: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
This reminds me of the story of bullion van missing their way to the house of a known thief.

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Olabukola11: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Daily mail or whatever and Bihari Cabal and Bihari are just idiioots . Jagaban is coming.
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Lashist(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
bhella10:
It still wouldn't stop the work God has started. This is just a bend and not the end. Jagaban is coming!
I hope he cums in your mouth soon grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by phorget(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mrkumareze:
How many times do we have to tell you that only fools support APC You go dey verify fool

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by seguno2: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
Naijanascam:
Who be this one?

Yoouth of no nation

Ęgbękęgbę na bad society. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by gasparpisciotta: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
3days scarcity is nothing compared with what was experienced during the military junta and Obasanjo regime where soldiers will be flogging people in filling stations

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by seguno2: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lashist:

I hope he cums in your mouth soon grin

Because his mouth resembles Remi Tinubu’s own
Na why you come bad like this?
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by seguno2: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
3days scarcity is nothing compared with what was experienced during the military junta and Obasanjo regime where soldiers will be flogging people in filling stations

Are you a validation of the observation that house slaves justify everything wrong done by their slave masters
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Lashist(m): 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
seguno2:

Because his mouth resembles Remi Tinubu’s own
Na why you come bad like this?
grin cheesy grin e fit be na

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by gasparpisciotta: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
seguno2:

Are you a validation of the observation that house slaves justify everything wrong done by their slave masters

Can you compare the scarcity of 2017 with what is happening right now?

No justification but in 2017 the scarcity was quickly nipped before it escalated

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by seunayantokun(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
O ti kekere bere iro pipa. Omo ti o ba n paro yoo jale. Jagaban ni ọmọdé yen jo. Omo buruku ni o ma n so isokuso bee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Lordatkinson: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
I am very sorry for Nigerian youths for drumming supports for APC and PDP.

It is only telling us one thing; we have not learnt anything in the last 23 years.
What a pity.

Mortgaging your youth and the life of your unborn generation because of how much they will send into your bank account?

Sorry is your middle name o
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by UmbrateethO4: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
FuckTheMod:
This is just to frustrate Tinubu's chance but the plot will Fail.

BUHARÌ the Bastard fool ani cow is only deceiving himself.
this armed robber
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by tayo4ng(m): 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Pls where is liar Muhammed

1 Like

Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by seguno2: 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobonaire4:

For this election, the main issue is simple...subsidy budget cannot cover the losses NNPC sustains in selling the product at a loss.

And this is made worse by events since Dec 2021...when oil prices rose, Feb 2022, when Russia and Ukraine kicked off...and then the bad weather of 2022 ending.

One cannot sell fuel below what it costs to produce and transport it, and expect no scarcity...expescially if subsidy does not cover it.

Subsidy that was removed in 2016, and supported by ThiefNuibu back then

Subsidy removal: Tinubu backs Buhari, Falana condemns price hike
13th May 2016

A former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has described the decision of the President Buhari-led Federal Government to remove petrol subsidy as courageous.

The government, through the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on Wednesday, announced the removal of the subsidy on petrol, pegging the upper limit at N145 per litre from N86.50k.

In a statement in Lagos on Thursday, Tinubu said though the decision was a difficult one, it would ultimately become beneficial to the generality of the people instead of enriching the pockets of a few Nigerians, who enjoyed the fraud of the subsidy regime.

https://punchng.com/subsidy-removal-tinubu-backs-buhari-falana-condemns-price-hike/?amp
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by seguno2: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Can you compare the scarcity of 2017 with what is happening right now?

No justification but in 2017 the scarcity was quickly nipped before it escalated

Is that the change promised to 200 million Nigerians by APC in 2015
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by FuckTheMod: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
UmbrateethO4:
this armed robber
This useless and frustrated OSU pig
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Sermwell(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
SodiumValproate:

How much was the fuel and how much is it now?
Re: FACT CHECK: Was There No Fuel Scarcity In Last 7yrs As APC Youth Leader Claimed? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
seguno2:

Subsidy that was removed in 2016, and supported by ThiefNuibu back then

Subsidy was also removed by PDP government in the past, and by army governments in the past....meanwhile they still set the prices for fuel which defeats the purpose of subsidy removal

Yes, APC did the same thing...they removed subsidy, while still setting the price.That is like contradictory?

And you expect me to believe them? It is like you don't know who I am. Like you think i just believe anybody..even APC propaganda.

If a government claims to remove subsidy..as APC did in 2016 when they raised prices to N145, when landing cost was N132....while still setting the price at N145 nationwide, instead of letting marketers to set their prices...that is no subsidy removal. That is government resetting the price so that subsidy payments can cover the losses sustained in selling fuel at a loss....and it has been done several times since subsidy was brought in in 1973.

True subsidy removal entails government giving leave to the market to set their prices. Poeple then buy as the market dictates, and competiton brings down prices. Also, domestic refining is incentivised...since selling petrol like diesel brings in a profit.

It also does not mean fuel would be cheap again....because people have to be paid to bring you the thing. And it means fuel would be different in prices. Closer to the refinery..would be lower than far away from the refinery. (That's the real reason why NNPC has a refinery in Kaduna. In the event of fuel subsidy removal, the refinery would supply fuel at a price that would be cheaper than if fuel was supplied from Port Harcourt or Warri refinery.).

Seriously, read about subsidy...and how it works.

This article has a good rundown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Exercised My Constitutional Right In Picking Funke As My Running Mate - Jandor / I Encouraged Buhari To Run For President – Adesina / Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.