Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women (14790 Views)

Nigerian Women Turned To Sex-Slaves In Dubai / I Worked To Raise $6,000 For Libyan love-vendor ─kidnapped Schoolgirl / Libyan Rebels Describe How They Torture, ra.pe And Kill Their Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by SmoothCrim: 4:06am On Sep 08, 2011
Libyan Rebels Are Rapinggggg Nigerian Women:violation!   

JANZOUR, Libya -- When the sun sets on the refugee camp for black Africans that has sprung up at the marina in this town six miles west of Tripoli, the women here brace for the worst.

The rebels who ring the camp suddenly open fire. Then they race into the camp, shouting "gabbour, gabbour" - Arabic for LovePeddler - and haul away young women, residents say.

"You should be here in the evening, when they come in firing their guns and taking people," one woman from Nigeria said Wednesday as she recounted the nightly raids on the camp. "They don't use condoms, they use whatever they can find," she said, pointing to a discarded plastic bag in a pile of trash.

As she spoke, other women standing nearby nodded in agreement.

There is no way to know how many women have been violated here, where hundreds of Africans have settled in and around the boats of a marina. No one keeps statistics in the camp, and foreign aid workers say they are prohibited from discussing the allegations on the record. International Red Cross representatives say only that they have spoken to rebel leaders about "security concerns."

But the story that women tell is part of a larger picture of abuse of black Africans in Libya that is emerging in the wake of the rebel victory, born of allegations that deposed strongman Moammar Gadhafi often hired sub-Saharan Africans to fight for him.

Hundreds of black Africans have been swept up and are being held in makeshift prisons awaiting some sort of judicial finding of whether they were mercenaries or not. Thousands more are trapped in refugee camps. They can't leave the camps, they say, for fear they'll be targeted on the streets. They do not feel safe inside the camps, either.

Human rights advocates have decried what appears to be mistreatment of black African workers, and U.S. Ambassador Gene Cretz, speaking in Washington on Wednesday, admitted it's a growing problem.

"We've seen fairly credible reports that there has been some mistreatment of African migrants," Cretz told McClatchy. He said the U.S. was trying to work with rebel leaders to prevent abuse, which he blamed on young rebels who are confusing Africans who might have fought as mercenaries for Gadhafi with the hundreds of thousands of sub-Saharan Africans who were working in Libya when the rebels took over.

"We don't think it's a systematic or intentional problem on the part of the Libyan authorities," Cretz said. "It's something that's happening at levels below that, which is of considerable concern to us."

Cretz said the rebels' National Transitional Council is working with the United Nations and other international relief organizations to ease the situation.

There was little evidence of such efforts at the marina here, however. At the nearby headquarters of the revolutionary forces in the area, Mohammed Abdullah Fatouri, the head of the military council, said that he was unaware of any problems in the camp.

"Have them bring a letter," he said. "If they tell us this is happening, we will protect them."

At the camp itself, fear is pervasive. When a car bearing two armed rebels drove into the camp, men and women scattered.

It was not clear what the rebels wanted. Someone said they were looking for laborers. Perhaps emboldened by a pair of European TV camera crews, however, some of the camp's residents confronted the rebels. An older man, apparently the translator for one of the European TV crews, intervened, and after a few minutes, the militiamen got back in the car and drove off.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/07/2395392/african-women-say-rebels-violated.html#ixzz1XKRCI8Fl

Any help for these ones Goodluck This is your Libya! Nigeria is one of the few countries there with their women,  In fact most of the women of immigrant origin I have seen on TV are Nigerian,

What is  Goodluck doing for them??

These are the people he supports!!!
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by hollandis(f): 5:02am On Sep 08, 2011
using nylon bags to rap.e women.isn't jonathan a bastad for recognising them?
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by ak47mann(m): 5:08am On Sep 08, 2011
this is serious are you telling me that this Nigerians in Libya never want to go back to Nigeria again? i believe that any human being that still stays in Libya or any country that is going through up rising and rioting and still remain there is not a nice person is a criminal if not what are they doing in Libya for the past 5 months country that is already in a war undecided undecided
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by NJV: 5:19am On Sep 08, 2011
@poster
Where were these women wen the nigerian govt was evacuating its citizens from dat same libya some months back for goodness sake? Why blame GEJ for everything and quickly forget his efforts at protecting nigerian citizens just few months back?
And by the way, where i live, i learnt someone just travelled to libya just last week, in spite of all that's happening there! This is someone who had a good business going here already, a biz dats not hinged on electricity so u dont say he was frustrated out by power failures. I guess u'd still blame GEJ for that.
SmoothCrim:

Libyan Rebels Are Rapinggggg Nigerian Women:violation!   

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/07/2395392/african-women-say-rebels-violated.html#ixzz1XKRCI8Fl

Any help for these ones Goodluck This is your Libya! Nigeria is one of the few countries there with their women,  In fact most of the women of immigrant origin I have seen on TV are Nigerian,

What is  Goodluck doing for them??

These are the people he supports!!!
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by SmoothCrim: 5:25am On Sep 08, 2011
If American and English women were getting violated like this would the who western world not show pity on them and run 24 hour news on this,

I guess they are not even Niggers but, Africans!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjprq67kYI
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by ossaisly(m): 5:42am On Sep 08, 2011
so whose problem is it when they get the bad taste of a country unrest? Hasn't the FG play its own part by telling them to come home? I think they should get ready for more sexual assaults because i forsee Gaddafi attacking back the rebels. Infact una neva c nofin. Swt/bad Bleep anyway,
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 08, 2011
ossai sly:

so whose problem is it when they get the bad taste of a country unrest? Hasn't the FG play its own part by telling them to come home? I think they should get ready for more intimate assaults because i forsee Gaddafi attacking back the rebels. Infact una neva c nofin. Swt/bad bleep anyway,

Foolish ossai. So the government plays its own part by telling them to come home? Isn't that the job of the family members, or at least their brains?

Shouldn't the federal government be evacuating them?
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Builder: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2011
Why are some nigerians on this forum so heartless and ignorant, why must u blame those women? u folks keep saying the FG had a plane there to help evacuate nigerians, why not ask urselves some basic questions like, how long was the plane there for and were the nigerians in libya given enough time to pack and prepare for the plane before it leaves for nigeria, u idiot.s need to know libya is a big country and nigerian prolly the ones left behind were residing further afield where the plane was, how stoopid, senseless and heartless some foolish nigerians could be for laying the blame with those left behind, if these women being raaped are ur sisters or mother wld u blame them for staying behind or missing the plane

It saddens me that , the retard in power AKA GeJ is just an empty shell, i see no reason why he cant send a plane there to bring home the nigerians there, afterall he listens to the news and uses computer to access information, how dump can one be, to just ignore ur fellow comparitots in a foreign land for them to suffer to death without any compassion whatsoever, and pls dont them me this is a money issue or there is no plane because in any particular day/time in nigeria , our leaders embezzle million of dollars.

there are times when i think being black is a curse, or being a nigerian is just a way for God to tell us that we were just an experiment for for failure, after so many years of enslavement by the white man, we still asking and even begging to be enslaved not just by the white folks but arabs as well cos our leaders who should know better are just brainless monkeys
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Jenifa1: 6:38am On Sep 08, 2011
The Nigerians should leave Libya. kapish
life is more important.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by JerryTob: 7:30am On Sep 08, 2011
this is too bad 4 us.I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BLAME NOW.MAYBE THE SITUATIONTOFTNIGERIA GIVES THEM AN EDGE 4 RAPE,2NDLY NIGERIA TO THOSE IN LIBYA MAYBE LIKE HONEYPOT IN THE MIDST OF LIONS.HENCE THEY DON'T CARE D RISK
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by LoveKing(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2011
ah ha good for goodluck!
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by dennyflex: 7:56am On Sep 08, 2011
Since this Libya uprising began, majority post about Libya is completly against the Rebels. Which i think its not fair. Even this migrants refuse to come back, they said, "we want UN to help us not Nigeria or the Libyan authority" and even go further and said 'Our country is not safe' . What i have to say here is. If realy this women are being voilated, its bad and solution has to be done immediatly.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 08, 2011
@builder
so far u are the only person who have spoken brilliantly concerning this matter. I still wonder about the kind of human beings existing on this forum. For goodness sake there was a war in libya. What do u guys think they're are in refugee camps for? To play scrabble? They've lost properties, money, etc every possible way to make their return back home easy. Dumb posters
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by yoged(m): 8:06am On Sep 08, 2011
Pls lets be realistic and think like human being. Where were this hard hearted Nigerian during the evacuation process. Most of them INTENTIONALLY failed to show up because they think the war won't be for a long time like that of Egypt but unfortunately they were wrong. Those say GEJ is foolish are m0r0n and thinking like a bedbug. What? Just sit down and think.,do u think this is the ideal time for the government to go for another evacuation mission. In the middle of a war? When snippers and missiles can come from anywhere. You people are a joke. No matter what u say,forget about evacuation. No be only Nigerian dey there nah. When i even listened to an interview of this useless Nigeria girl,she said'' they cant go to Nigeria because its not safe there. No be Nigeria i dey doing what i like,having access to Internet,flexing around,, Pls lets stop crucifying GEJ. Lets just pray for things to settle down,
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 08, 2011
@yoged
how can u say they INTENTIONALLY failed to show up. How do u know this? Jst read builder's post again pls. Nonsense
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by justwise(m): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2011
Builder:

Why are some nigerians on this forum so heartless and ignorant,  why must u blame those women? u folks keep saying the FG had a plane there to help evacuate nigerians,  why not ask urselves some basic questions like, how long was the plane there for and were the nigerians in libya given enough time to pack and prepare for the plane before it leaves for nigeria,  u .s need to know libya is a big country and nigerian prolly the ones left behind were residing further afield where the plane was, how stoopid, senseless and heartless some foolish nigerians could be for laying the blame with those left behind, if these women being raaped are your sisters or mother wld u blame them for staying behind or missing the plane

It saddens me that , the slowpoke in power AKA GeJ is just an empty shell, i see no reason why he cant send a plane there to bring home the nigerians there, afterall he listens to the news and uses computer to access information, how dump can one be,  to just ignore your fellow comparitots in a foreign land for them to suffer to death without any compassion whatsoever, and pls dont them me this is a money issue or there is no plane because in any particular day/time in nigeria , our leaders embezzle million of dollars.

there are times when i think being black is a curse, or being a nigerian is just a way for God to tell us that  we were just an experiment for for failure, after so many years of enslavement by the white man, we still asking and even begging to be enslaved not just by the white folks but arabs as well cos our leaders who should know better are just brainless monkeys
I will encourage u to read around about certain issues b4 coming in here to voice ur anger. Those Nigerians were interviewed by Al jazeera TV reporter and they made it clear that they don't want to go back to Nigeria because Nigeria is not safe and they don't want any help from Libyan govt,  they want the UN to help them. I'm sorry that some were rappped but they should take some of the blames for staying back in Libya.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by justwise(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2011
yoged:

Pls lets be realistic and think like human being. Where were this hard hearted Nigerian during the evacuation process. Most of them INTENTIONALLY failed to show up because they think the war won't be for a long time like that of Egypt but unfortunately they were wrong. Those say GEJ is foolish are m0r0n and thinking like a bedbug. What? Just sit down and think.,do u think this is the ideal time for the government to go for another evacuation mission. In the middle of a war? When snippers and missiles can come from anywhere. You people are a joke. No matter what u say,forget about evacuation. No be only Nigerian dey there nah. When i even listened to an interview of this useless Nigeria girl,she said''[b] they cant go to Nigeria because its not safe there. [/b]No be Nigeria i dey doing what i like,having access to Internet,flexing around,, Pls lets stop crucifying GEJ. Lets just pray for things to settle down,

That is true.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 08, 2011
The arab is the least democrated and civillised race on the planet.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by phreakabit(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2011
yoged:

Pls lets be realistic and think like human being. Where were this hard hearted Nigerian during the evacuation process. Most of them INTENTIONALLY failed to show up because they think the war won't be for a long time like that of Egypt but unfortunately they were wrong. [size=18pt]Those say GEJ is foolish are m0r0n and thinking like a bedbug. What? Just sit down and think.,do u think this is the ideal time for the government to go for another evacuation mission. In the middle of a war?[/size] When snippers and missiles can come from anywhere. You people are a joke. No matter what u say,forget about evacuation. No be only Nigerian dey there nah. When i even listened to an interview of this useless Nigeria girl,she said'' they cant go to Nigeria because its not safe there. No be Nigeria i dey doing what i like,having access to Internet,flexing around,,  Pls lets stop crucifying GEJ. Lets just pray for things to settle down,

Shut up you bestiality craving shÏt head. Ïdiots like you shouldn't be on this board. I wonder what goes on in your silly head? You are an arrant fool with no iota of intelligence whatsoever. Nigeria sent ONE PLANE TWICE! To evacuate its citizens in Libya, and you expect that to be able to achieve the goal? You sir are an ape! Have you ever heard of the term "Caught behind enemy lines"? Could that be the case of this Sub-Saharan Africans stuck there? Only dimwits like yourself base their claims on assumptions. BTW, if actually they decided to stay back on their own does that mean that the should forsake them? I write this not expecting you to comprehend it, the part of your quote I have emboldened clearly shows that you have the brain of a flea. Incoherent Ässhole!
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by desthan(m): 8:40am On Sep 08, 2011
"gabbour, gabbour" hehehe. . . .
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by sley4life(m): 8:44am On Sep 08, 2011
its good for them. When the FG brought means to evacuate 9ja citizens in libya where did they go? Instead they chose to remain
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Rhino5dm: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2011
Is there any war in which women are not ra.ped? But seriously, we saw how the "highly" ethical US marines commiting morbid, sordid and callous acts.(Abu Ghraib should quickly come to our minds), what more of some rag-tags bunch of semi-trained touts?

My only annoyance is that our government failed in its reponsibility by not evecuating ALL her citizen from that war ravaged country. Lesson learnt in the hard way! my heart goes out to all the victims of this destardly acts.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by somze(f): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2011
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by mjconcept(m): 9:12am On Sep 08, 2011
To all those who are blaming ur government do u wanna tell me that if u are elected as president u will do more than what we are experincing now?hmm don't blame ur government cos 60% of the population are worse than our present administration all i know is that after the rain comes the sun.Nigeria will be a world superpower one day.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by dustydee: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2011
what will the UN do to protect civilians in Libya?
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 08, 2011
The Nigerian Ambassodor was the first to escape,before other Nigerian citizens
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2011
MAXIMUM SECURITY GUARANTEED FOR YOUR HOME AND PROPERTIES WITH our ELECTRIC FENCING.

Features:
>Shocks and Raises Instant Alarm.
>Battery back-up ensures round the clock security.
>Controlled remotely using personalized pin numbers.
>12 Months warranty.

I use
this avenue to connect to
prospective clients wanting to protect their Properties with the use Electric Fence. We have successfully INSTALLED and REPAIRED a
large number of ELECTRIC FENCE
within and outside ABUJA, LAGOS, IBADAN, & PORT-HARCOURT.

Contact us for your PURCHASE, INSTALLATION, REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE.

Call
OLA-OYE ELECTRIC FENCE.

OR
olaoyeventures @ gmail . com
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by phreakabit(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2011
somze:

That being said the Govt is doing the right thing by demanding security of our citizens by TNC. Since the issue is GEJ's recognition of TNC, if he didn't would it have prevented this? You Buharians should stop being dull.

Quit being myopic. I voted GEJ ( you probably didn't), but when even a friend is doing something that isn't right, I am the kind of person who will condemn him for it. IMO GEJ failed woefully in this case. Can you imagine Libya a country of 6 million citizens disrespecting Nigeria in this manner ? And yet he was so quick to recognize them, SIMPLY BECAUSE AMERICA, BRITAIN AND FRANCE did, all who are getting free oil thanks to their parts in this war, apparently he is still under the intellectual shackles of the WESTERN influence ( don't get me wrong he is a great President) . At the moment Libya is the easiest place in the world to invade, NATO and the rebels have done more than 80 percent of the job required by destroying most if not all of Libyas air crafts, yet Nigeria is scared of Libya. Even if we are scared, we should at least issue a strong verbal warning, keeping in mind that we pride ourselves to have the biggest ground troops in Africa, rather than plead as though we are a country full of men with vaginas ( NO SEXISM INTENDED) .

Edit: ^^^ Olaoye you are a retárd! Stop spamming
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by somze(f): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2011
phreakabit:

Can you imagine Libya a country of 6 million citizens disrespecting Nigeria in this manner ? And yet he was so quick to recognize them, SIMPLY BECAUSE AMERICA, BRITAIN AND FRANCE did, all who are getting free oil thanks to their parts in this war. At the moment Libya is the easiest place in the world to invade, NATO and the rebels have done more than 80 percent of the job required by destroying most if not all of Libyas air crafts, yet Nigeria is scared of Libya. Even if we are scared, we should at least issue a strong verbal warning, keeping in mind that we pride ourselves to have the biggest ground troops in Africa, rather than plead as though we are a country full of men with vaginas ( NO SEXISM INTENDED) .

Edit: ^^^ Olaoye you are a retárd! Stop spamming

Let me get this straight, do you want us to invade Libya? What makes you think we are scared of Libya? TNC is the govt on ground now and it was a good decision to recognize them. Even Russia does and China has communication channels with them. Saudi recognizes them. War crimes like rape happens in most wars. Our government tried to evacuate our citizens but some refused to leave. Now Foreign affairs has sent a strong message to TNC about the safety of Nigerians in Libya and also they remain in communication. This is possible because we recognized them as the new govt.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by buzugee(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2011
SmoothCrim:

If American and English women were getting violated like this would the who western world not show pity on them and run 24 hour news on this,

I guess they are not even Niggers but, Africans!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjprq67kYI
i think you give the west too much credit. listen up, there is genocide of white people in zimbabwe and some parts of south africa as we speak. i would post all the pictures but they are rather horrific. white women are getting raped and killed. but britain and america have turned a blind eye because it is not a viable project. resources no dey for zimba.
Re: Libyan Rebels Are Violating Nigerian Women by maclatunji: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2011
Sad, we have a government that abdicates its responsibilities on many levels. It will only get worse until people start to think and act on truth instead of sentiment, empty pride and arrogance that make their life worse ultimately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aso Rock Hotel Workers In Police Net For Swindling Owner Of ₦3.5 Million / Unidentified Old Woman Found Dead On The Street Of Kaduna (Photo) / Illegal Grazing: Lasg Seizes 30 Cows, 10 Rams, Warns Herdsmen On No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.