Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC (5077 Views)

Obasanjo: I Am Not Corrupt, Atiku, Buhari And Others Are Corrupt [video] / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori / Orji Kalu says President Obasanjo is Corrupt. EFCC Investigates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by sley4life(m): 6:28am On Sep 08, 2011
We’ve no case against Patience Jonathan –EFCC
From Our reporter
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, yesterday debunked claims that the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan is under any form of investigation by the anti-graft agency. She said such a report was mischievous.

Waziri made this clarification while receiving representatives of the Women Empowering and Enriching Lives (WEEL), an Abuja based non-governmental organization, who paid her a courtesy visit at the EFCC’s corporate headquarters in Abuja .

The clarification is coming on the heels of renewed media reports that the anti-graft agency had on September 11, 2006, seized $13.5 million dollars ( USD ) from Mrs. Patience Jonathan, when she was then wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan. According to Waziri, the visit of the NGO provided her an opportunity to respond to several enquiries she had been getting on an alleged pending case against Mrs. Jonathan.

“Let me state clearly that the commission will not allow itself to be used to drag innocent people’s names into crimes, cases or allegations they know nothing about. In this particular case, I have read my predecessor say in media interviews in September 2010 that Mrs. Jonathan was not in any way involved in any case of money laundering investigated by the EFCC under him. I have thereafter checked our records and cannot find any case of money laundering against Mrs. Jonathan or the President himself. So, each time I get an enquiry or read about this, I often wonder where this is coming from.”

Waziri maintained that if the person said to have investigated Patience Jonathan for money laundering had as far back as September 2010 disclaimed this, she wondered why people were still referring to it. She said the commission did not have any account or records where $13.5 million was recovered from Mrs. Jonathan in 2006. “We should learn to separate the truth from blackmail. Our society can only thrive on justice and fair play if we uphold the right values and shun the politics of pulling innocent people down,” she added.

She maintained that she would not allow the commission to be used in dragging innocent people’s names into allegations they know nothing about. “I think that is criminal and a big sin. A good name is better than silver and gold. People work hard to build their names and image and then to come overnight and cast this damage or scandalise to hunt someone, I think, is a great sin and I don’t allow it.

Each time we receive petitions, when it is not anonymous, we look for the writer to come and adopt it. But if it is anonymous, we don’t put it in the waste bin, we carry out covert enquiries to see whether there is any substance in it. If there is substance, then yes, we are looking for whistle blowers so we do something about it, but we do not for the sake of politics or the sake of sensationalism drag peoples names in the mud. I know I have been a victim of such and I know what it means and what it takes,” she stressed.

She also said when she took up the job, the late president Yar’ Adua called her and asked if she knew what it entailed to handle the job. “He had told me that my name will be rubbished, I will be scandalized, people will write all sorts of rubbish against me, tissues of lies will be concurred against me. He asked if I realized that and I said yes, I have been through it before and now,” Waziri explained.

She said there was no record anywhere in the commission that Mrs. Jonathan was under any investigation, adding that when the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori allegedly offered $15 million bribe to the former boss of EFCC, the money was kept and remained intact at the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/sept/08/newsbreak-08-09-2011-001.html
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by sley4life(m): 6:43am On Sep 08, 2011
im still waiting to comprehend this story
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by olawalebabs(m): 9:37am On Sep 08, 2011
story don change
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by EkoIle1: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2011
GEJ damage control in effect.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by blacksta(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2011
grin

These people are so predictable.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by obowunmi(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
Patience is a thief.
I know this first hand. She steals money thru her associates whom she gives a cut to, for helping her take money out of the country. Enuf said.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by agitator: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2011
olawalebab:

story don change

lwkmd.

sley4life:

im still waiting to comprehend this story

no wait my bro, the story don change. grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by asas(f): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2011
i laf in chinese na wa nigeria na wa o
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by akinnux(m): 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
Then let them (Patience and Goodluck Jonathan) publicly declare their assets and liabilities before and after assuming office as Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice-President and President.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by folahann(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin naija for you
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by kizito96(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
Cry my beloved country
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by Garb: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
How do u expect a corrupt EFCC to say to her corrupt colleague?
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by 2sleek2NV(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
Ghana must-go has been exchanged. na when them comot for power wikileaks go leak.
Una don see whr them dey probe serving president.
Big Brother is Watching,
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by dabrake(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

From Our reporter
Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, yesterday debunked claims that the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan is under any form of investigation by the anti-graft agency. She said such a report was mischievous.

Waziri made this clarification while receiving representatives of the Women Empowering and Enriching Lives (WEEL), an Abuja based non-governmental organization, who paid her a courtesy visit at the EFCC’s corporate headquarters in Abuja .

The clarification is coming on the heels of renewed media reports that the anti-graft agency had on September 11, 2006, seized $13.5 million dollars ( USD ) from Mrs. Patience Jonathan, when she was then wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan. According to Waziri, the visit of the NGO provided her an opportunity to respond to several enquiries she had been getting on an alleged pending case against Mrs. Jonathan.

“Let me state clearly that the commission will not allow itself to be used to drag innocent people’s names into crimes, cases or allegations they know nothing about. In this particular case, I have read my predecessor say in media interviews in September 2010 that Mrs. Jonathan was not in any way involved in any case of money laundering investigated by the EFCC under him. I have thereafter checked our records and cannot find any case of money laundering against Mrs. Jonathan or the President himself. So, each time I get an enquiry or read about this, I often wonder where this is coming from.”

Waziri maintained that if the person said to have investigated Patience Jonathan for money laundering had as far back as September 2010 disclaimed this, she wondered why people were still referring to it. She said the commission did not have any account or records where $13.5 million was recovered from Mrs. Jonathan in 2006. “We should learn to separate the truth from blackmail. Our society can only thrive on justice and fair play if we uphold the right values and shun the politics of pulling innocent people down,” she added.

She maintained that she would not allow the commission to be used in dragging innocent people’s names into allegations they know nothing about. “I think that is criminal and a big sin. A good name is better than silver and gold. People work hard to build their names and image and then to come overnight and cast this damage or scandalise to hunt someone, I think, is a great sin and I don’t allow it.

Each time we receive petitions, when it is not anonymous, we look for the writer to come and adopt it. But if it is anonymous, we don’t put it in the waste bin, we carry out covert enquiries to see whether there is any substance in it. If there is substance, then yes, we are looking for whistle blowers so we do something about it, but we do not for the sake of politics or the sake of sensationalism drag peoples names in the mud. I know I have been a victim of such and I know what it means and what it takes,” she stressed.

She also said when she took up the job, the late president Yar’ Adua called her and asked if she knew what it entailed to handle the job. “He had told me that my name will be rubbished, I will be scandalized, people will write all sorts of rubbish against me, tissues of lies will be concurred against me. He asked if I realized that and I said yes, I have been through it before and now,” Waziri explained.

She said there was no record anywhere in the commission that Mrs. Jonathan was under any investigation, adding that when the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori allegedly offered $15 million bribe to the former boss of EFCC, the money was kept and remained intact at the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/sept/08/newsbreak-08-09-2011-001.html
gat jst a word 4 ha - LUNATIC
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by Nymphnode(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
Na so. . . . .
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by yomickey(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
Ose! Madam Umblella,
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by profatom: 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
WAZIRI WE TOK AM, PATIENT JONATHAN AND GEJ EVEN EFCC they are all thiefs, ole, barawo
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by ndigbo: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2011
Thank you! Madam Waziri, i have been waiting for this story! 'EFCC don't have a case with Mrs. Jonathan' Indeed! I cry for my dear country!
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by klear(f): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
Really? As if U will dare say dat ur beloved First Lady is wanted for corruption based charges! Why dont we sit down & wait for wen dia tenure will be over & watch as U eat ur words. Coward
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by gentlegg(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hajia Waziri, i no blame u, u wouldn't bite the finger feeding u.

Am almost seeing darkness at the end of this tunnel called Nigeria. God help us.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by ziccoit: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
Yes
P. Jonathan not corrupt likewise
OBJ
JEG
OYINLOLA
BANKOLE
W. FARIDA
ETC ETC
They are just bunch of useless arm robbers that would soon be swept away by the wind of change.
Mad peoples(don't correct me)
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by BetaThings: 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
There is NO CORRUPT PERSON in Nigeria!
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by anataala: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
corruption don't have a barrier, every part of Nigeria is corrupt, May Almighty Allah deliver us from evil men and women
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by velo10: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2011
This statement makes the present EFCC corrupt sad sad
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by fxtopedia(m): 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
like Tinubu, like Jonathan,
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by bunmioguns(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
sley4life:

From Our reporter

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by 2mch(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
[size=20pt]EFCC V. PATIENCE JONATHAN (vice president’s wife): Farida Waziri & EFCC please provide an update[/size]
Posted: November 22, 2009 - 01:00
Posted by siteadmin

In August 2006, the EFCC seized the sum of N104 million from one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu, an associate of Patience Jonathan. On August 22, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court, gave EFCC the legal backing to retain the N104 million seized from an associate of Patience Goodluck, the wife of then governor of Bayelsa state, Goodluck Jonathan, who is now the vice president of Nigeria.

The order was to stay in place “pending the conclusion of the investigation of the activities of the said persons in connection with their involvement in the acts of money laundering and other economic and financial crimes related offences.” The EFCC’s position was that Patience Jonathan stole the money from the public coffers of Bayelsa and was trying to launder it through her friend, Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu.

Like a crack addict willing to do anything for a high, Patience Jonathan was not going to give up her addiction to treasury looting simply because Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC was on her trail. Determined to prove that only mere mortals shivered at the sight of EFCC, she continued with her looting of Bayelsa’s treasury with the full cooperation and assistance of her husband, Goodluck Jonathan, who was the then governor of Bayelsa state. The duo was so successful that on September 11, 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) again seized another $13.5 million dollars (US) from Mrs. Patience Jonathan. Criminal charges were brought against her and Nigerians were awaiting her prosecutionto the full extent of the law. Shortly thereafter and in the face of these serious allegations, the insensitive Olusegun Obasanjo and his PDP that had become a den of thieves, nominated Goodluck Jonathan to be the running mate of Yar'Adua.

Fast forward to post 2007 elections. Goodluck Jonathan is now the vice president of Nigeria, Farida Waziri the head of EFCC and whenever president Yar Adua manages to wake up from his near-permanent slumber he rants about his “zero tolerance” for corruption, despite having an indicted man as his personal secretary and dinning and whining with James Ibori. Farida Waziri would want anyone listening to believe that the presidency does not interfere with EFCC’s decision making process and Yar Adua proclaimed this much immediately after the conviction of Bode George. 

After trying to deceive the public by blaming the judiciary alone for the near snail speed prosecution of public officials facing corruption charges and then advocating for psychiatric assessment for public officials who dared to steal more money than she realized from defending criminals and scheming a percentage off the money she is recovering for the banks. Farida 
Waziri is in the news again. This time around, she is advocating for the death penalty for treasury looters. It will be easier to understand Farida’s cries if she had prosecuted and jailed the corrupt public officials under existing laws and was now seeking the death penalty to discourage reoccurrence. But we all know this is not the case.

Notwithstanding the hypocrisy involved in Farida’s “notice-me” advocacies, I am in complete agreement with her that public officials found guilty of corruption should be tied to the stake and publicly executed. My only concern is she is aware of the fact that she would be among the first to be tied to the stake and executed under the full glare of Nigerians should corruption be made a capital offence? Sorry for the diversion and back to the issue of patience Jonathan.
The case against patience Jonathan has gone cold since Jonathan Goodluck became the vice president of Nigeria. The case has gone cold despite relentless denials of political interference by the EFCC and the presidency, although the president has publicly acknowledged directing investigations into certain allegations when such suits his political purpose. It has gone cold despite Yar Adua’s broken-record equivalent repetitiveness of zero tolerance for corruption, a repetitiveness that leaves Nigerians with two options: the president is either “419”ing Nigerians with his proclamations or lacking the intellectual capacity to comprehend what constitutes corruption.
In the past, Farida Waziri has been quick to blame Sahara Reporters and its ardent followers for drowning out her so called anti-corruption message, despite her trepidations and failure to grant a single no holds barred interview to members of the “non-friendly” press since assuming office. This is her chance. Nigerians want to know what happened to the case of EFCC vs. Patience Jonathan. You can lie to a blind person that there is no oil in the food but you cannot lie that there is no salt. 

http://saharareporters.com/article/efcc-v-patience-jonathan-vice-president%E2%80%99s-wife-farida-waziri-efcc-please-provide-update

Farida caught napping and lying.  grin cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
Infact nobody is corrupt in Nigeria
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by blacksta(m): 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2011
Bode George is a saint -
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by pejol: 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
since first lady have no case in EFCC, then Bode George and bankole are saint,
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by nagoma(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
Saint Bode George grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Not Corrupt - EFCC by HighChief4(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
And my grand mother is still a virgin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Opens Up About Her Intimate Relationship With Femi Fani-kayode / A Standing Ovation For Our President-in-waiting: Rabiu Kwankwaso / Breaking: U.s. Declares Niger Delta Avengers As Fto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.