Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 (1777 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Second Class 2:1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 by bayulll01(m): 7:32am On Sep 08, 2011
with the recent mass failure in just concluded nnpc exam,what can we say,are we celebrating mediocrity,1st class and 2.1 are they the only grades to write this exam,what happen to the lower grades,they should just fold there arms,is not like this in the developed world,am not against 1st class or 2.1,cos my grade is not low,just to change the mindset of people,most lower grade graduates are very good,i know some pple will come here and yarn dust
Re: My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 by Plutarch: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2011
I personally believe that all should be given d opportunity. However, i feel 4 employers,we have too many applicants 4 very few place. Around 60 000 pple wrote d test for just about 700 space.
By saying only 20% passed nnpc does not mean they want more than 20% so including pple with 2.2 n 3rd class will cause little upset on that list. I still dont believe that 80% failed d test i only think that 80% do not meet d quota. Selection is based on ff xter n as such they hv diff cut of for diff state.

As par 1st n 2.1, u r always more likely(not certainly) to find better candidates among them take it or leave it. They hv proven themselves worthier in opportunity so far given. People with 2.2,i dont think were excluded from doing better eventhough some factors may affect some but who says same factor didnt affect pple with higher grade.
By and large i believe this world is large enough for anyone to prove himself regardless of his grade
Re: My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 by SHOPPERS(m): 8:22am On Sep 08, 2011
Even you yourself will like to consider the first class and 2.1 students before the lowers- isn't it? That's life. What about the nd and hnd graduates? More so, we are advocating that graduates now should create jobs and not seek- what of that? Anybody saying that? Let's talk on that!
Re: My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 by ednut1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2011
Op face d reality demand pass supply, as u knw 2.2 grad are like 60% in a typical uni, if nnpc hd nt limit it 120000 wil apply 4 700 spaces, its d govt nd our parents fault( too much pikin nd discouragin vocational studies because mr toto pikin is a doc). And dat nnpc test even 2.2 self go bang . Most fc nd 2.1 r beta dn 2.2 pple, wit 2.2 if u cnt be lik odas dt work hard, go hug transformer

(1) (Reply)

Best Safety Training Institutes In Nigeria. / A Letter To Mr President / Piping Eingineering Easter Training Promo With Free HSE Training & Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.