Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Both Religion And Atheism Are Inconsistent With Science. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Both Religion And Atheism Are Inconsistent With Science. (203 Views)

Atheists And Atheism / Deism And Atheism Are The Different Sides Of The Same Wrong Coin. / Now, With Science And Money, the Curses On Adam And Eve becomes Inconsequential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Both Religion And Atheism Are Inconsistent With Science. by Trollronaldo: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2023
Science is a field of skepticism. Scientific principles requires that you do not outrightly overrule or accept the possibility of a phenomenon until an evidence for or against is available. Both religion and atheism fall short here.
Religion accepts the idea of gods without workable evidence for them while atheism reject the same idea without evidence against all gods (there are evidence against most gods but not all).

Atheism always argue from a philosophical standpoint that religion carries the burden of proof for their claims. While this maybe right in philosophy but however it doesn't hold water in science.

In science, the proposer of a claim is not necessarily required to prove it. Those who are against that claim also can disprove it to show everyone that the idea is wrong. This, as a matter of fact is the core tenent of science.

There are thousands of ideas today accepted in science that were not proven by the person who first proposed the idea, likewise many of the ideas we accept today in science were a result of someone disproving another person's claims. This is simply how science works.

So atheism and religion are not reasoning within the confines of scientific principles which permits you to remain skeptical on both ends until evidence for or against an idea is available.
I have also observed that most atheists equally, are unable to let their ideas go as a religious. The moment you challenge their ideas, you will force them into cognitive dissonance. They are not willing to leave it even in light of a superior argument.

On that note, I conclude that Agnosticism is the best approach to understanding the concept of a god/creator.
Re: Both Religion And Atheism Are Inconsistent With Science. by jaephoenix(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Science is a field of skepticism. Scientific principles requires that you do not outrightly overrule or accept the possibility of a phenomenon until an evidence for or against is available. Both religion and atheism fall short here.
Religion accepts the idea of gods without workable evidence for them while atheism reject the same idea without evidence against all gods (there are evidence against most gods but not all).

Atheism always argue from a philosophical standpoint that religion carries the burden of proof for their claims. While this maybe right in philosophy but however it doesn't hold water in science.

In science, the proposer of a claim is not necessarily required to prove it. Those who are against that claim also can disprove it to show everyone that the idea is wrong. This, as a matter of fact is the core tenent of science.

There are thousands of ideas today accepted in science that were not proven by the person who first proposed the idea, likewise many of the ideas we accept today in science were a result of someone disproving another person's claims. This is simply how science works.

So atheism and religion are not reasoning within the confines of scientific principles which permits you to remain skeptical on both ends until evidence for or against an idea is available.
I have also observed that most atheists equally, are unable to let their ideas go as a religious. The moment you challenge their ideas, you will force them into cognitive dissonance. They are not willing to leave it even in light of a superior argument.

On that note, I conclude that Agnosticism is the best approach to understanding the concept of a god/creator.
@ the bolded, when did science tell you that? Science always tells us a proposer of a theory should back up his/her claim with a premise, at least
Re: Both Religion And Atheism Are Inconsistent With Science. by Trollronaldo: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

@ the bolded, when did science tell you that? Science always tells us a proposer of a theory should back up his/her claim with a premise, at least
I am going to mention you in a thread where I have addressed this.
Re: Both Religion And Atheism Are Inconsistent With Science. by Trollronaldo: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

In science, no one requires an idea to be proven by the person who proposed it, if he can prove it better else other scientists are ready to disprove it easily. Anyone can come out and disprove it.

I have tonnes of examples for this in science.

However, go through my conversations with LordReed on this thread for evidence https://www.nairaland.com/7545302/deism-atheism-different-sides-same/7

(1) (Reply)

How Pro. Kingsley Prayed Down Mysterious Rainfall To Douse Election Tension / The Transforming Power Of Fasting / Yes Theebless Is A Member Of The Pyrate Contraternity Aka Seadog's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.