Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This (364 Views)

Divorcees, What's Your Experience Like? / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by Excober08: 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Can you relate to this? Do you have any experience lIke this?

Last year, someone i got to know on FB called me, sounding frantic. He said he needed N200k to solve an urgent problem. He promised to pay back within 60 days-two months max.

Against my better judgment and prior personal resolution not to borrow money to people anymore, I gave him the money. Two months passed and I didn’t hear a word from. Three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and nine months passed, and still no words, no calls. So I called him. What about the money, I asked.

He responded” Oga, why are you putting me under pressure? This is small money for you. I will give it to you when I have it”. He dropped the call apparently peeved that I had the audacity to call him. He didn’t call back and I didn’t, either.

Fast forward to Wednesday last week. The guy started blowing up my phone. He called me so many times in minutes. I picked thinking he was going to ask for my account details for payment, but he had a new request- his children school fees had not been fully paid and now, the school was threatening to send them home. Also, the children have no food to eat. Hearing that I was touched and asked him what he needed. He said Just N100k. I was angry with the use of’just’ but still wanted to know how I could help because of the children.

I sent him N50k and sent him a text to inform him. He didn’t replied and didn’t call. I concluded he may not have received because of the delays being witnessed in online transactions. After 3 days I called him and asked if he had seen the money. It was then he said” thanks for the other day sir”. He saw the money but he couldn’t call me to acknowledge or say thank you. He waited for me to call. He is an ingrate and I have shut the door against him.

Have you had such an experience?
Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by Zonefree(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
So, he's owing you quarter a million Naira now, bah?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by gaby(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2023
Lol

You are part of his problem.

This isn't how to be kind, he's only using you and taking you for the fool you have portrayed yourself to be.

You've successfully emboldened and encouraged him that he could try such nonsense with anyone else and equally get rewarded just as you have shown.

In less than 3 months, he'd be back on your phone for another request. This time, he might go as high as #500k, and hoping for you to price yourself by sending him #250k.

Are you sure you are okay?

Which kind niceness you dey form when you are exhibiting every hallmark of someone who's not so very smart?

You dey owe the guy for una former life?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
You are weak so it’s normal for weak willed people like you to suffer even when you are trying to be generous, i wouldn’t have given him another money after the first experience even if his children swallowed razor blade..wtf!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by jmoore(m): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2023
Op, give me 500k. I won't be an ingrate.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by faithfull18(f): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hanhan😁 this looks like it was copied.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by doggedfighter(f): 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
You people keep cooking up stories using using here to test your amateurish skills.

See the half cooked lies this one is blowing grin
Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by YUNGLURD(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Another empty vessel

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by YUNGLURD(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nairaland resident millionaire; I hail thee!

This pathological liar fit no get ordinary 50k for hin akant, arindin omo
Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by Lamanii22(f): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
That person must be close to you, for you to have given him such amount…. I feel like he is just using you and I don’t think he is ever going pay you back… how do people even find people that give money like this… nobody used to gimme money maybe they think I’m rich
Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by nicerod(m): 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2023
Super story

If the story is true I'm very sure,it was a lady u met online u sent money to

Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by Nazgul: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
Someone you met on Facebook, and you sent him a total of 250k, I find this story difficult to believe.
Re: Can You Relate To This? Do You Have Any Experience Like This by frozen70(f): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Excober08:
Can you relate to this? Do you have any experience lIke this?

Last year, someone i got to know on FB called me, sounding frantic. He said he needed N200k to solve an urgent problem. He promised to pay back within 60 days-two months max.

Against my better judgment and prior personal resolution not to borrow money to people anymore, I gave him the money. Two months passed and I didn’t hear a word from. Three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and nine months passed, and still no words, no calls. So I called him. What about the money, I asked.

He responded” Oga, why are you putting me under pressure? This is small money for you. I will give it to you when I have it”. He dropped the call apparently peeved that I had the audacity to call him. He didn’t call back and I didn’t, either.

Fast forward to Wednesday last week. The guy started blowing up my phone. He called me so many times in minutes. I picked thinking he was going to ask for my account details for payment, but he had a new request- his children school fees had not been fully paid and now, the school was threatening to send them home. Also, the children have no food to eat. Hearing that I was touched and asked him what he needed. He said Just N100k. I was angry with the use of’just’ but still wanted to know how I could help because of the children.

I sent him N50k and sent him a text to inform him. He didn’t replied and didn’t call. I concluded he may not have received because of the delays being witnessed in online transactions. After 3 days I called him and asked if he had seen the money. It was then he said” thanks for the other day sir”. He saw the money but he couldn’t call me to acknowledge or say thank you. He waited for me to call. He is an ingrate and I have shut the door against him.

Have you had such an experience?

You never see any thing
Dey play
Na you go loose last last

(1) (Reply)

The Journey Back Home To Nigeria | A Very Warm Welcome / Children Out Of Wedlock Experience / Distress Sale! Gas Burner For Cheap Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.