Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 43. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 43. (97 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 43. by PastorSomba(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 43.

Galatians 4:1-7 (KJV) Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

43. The law did not reveal God as a Father. Israel knew God only as Jehovah or Yahweh. Hence the Jews were angry with Jesus when He called God Father. Only grace and truth of the new testament in Christ Jesus revealed God as a Father. Sonship exist only where there is a Father. Inheritance exist only where there is a father and son relationship. The law only revealed Abraham as their natural father. But the promise of God to Abraham was not to his natural seed who is Isaac but to his spiritual seed who is Christ. Hence being a natural seed does not guarantee salvation or inheritance in Christ Jesus. Inheritance belongs only to the sons of God in Christ Jesus. Inheritance is a free gift of grace from the father to his sons. Inheritance is a free gift of grace based on the labour and finished work of the father.

In Christ Jesus God had done and finished all the work. As sons, God has given all that He laboured and worked in Christ to us as our inheritance. Just as God laboured for six days creating all things on earth and handed them all over to Adam who was the last thing he created on the sixth day. Same way Jesus as the last Adam came at the fullness of times to start a new creation of sons of God who shall be heirs of God, heirs of all things and joint heirs with Christ. The gospel is the call to all men to becomes sons of God through Christ so that they can inherit all things freely by faith. The epistles contain the details of the inheritance. The epistles are the detailed knowledge and revelation of all our inheritance in Christ Jesus and how we are to receive them by faith.

The promised land of Canaan was given to the natural seed of Abraham as a covenant promise before the law. They did not inherit or possess the promised land by the law but by grace of the promise to Abraham and the faith of Abraham. A whole generation of the Israelites perished in the wilderness because they thought the inheritance of the promised land was by works or their ability. As an inheritance they were supposed to possess it by faith. Of all the sins they committed in Egypt and in the wilderness none was able to hinder them from their inheritance until they committed the sin of unbelief. As unbelief hindered them from their inheritance then, so also today unbelief or lack of faith will hinder many believers from their inheritance. Remember every sin begins with unbelief.

The Israelites after taking over the promised land instead of keeping and preserving the land by faith through the atonement, they were trying to do it by the law which was impossible. This led to their captivity. It was impossible because failure in one law amounted to failure of all the law. So also today we are saved by grace through faith and we are to preserve our salvation by faith alone not by works of the law. Same way we are to receive all the promises of God to us in Christ Jesus by faith, use them by faith and preserve them by faith. It is from faith to faith. Unfortunately many believers like the Israelites are trying to maintain and preserve their salvation and the blessings of God by works. This like the Israelites has brought many into captivity.

Like the Galatians you cannot begin in the Spirit and want to be made perfect by the flesh. You cannot begin by grace and want to perfect your Christian faith by the works of the law. You don't get saved by grace and want to work out your salvation by the works of the law. The law was to show Israel and all mankind that the promises and the blessings of God cannot be received by the law and cannot be maintained or enjoyed by keeping the law. The freedom to receive and enjoy all the promises and blessings of God is only available by faith. Grace be with you. John 1:12-18; 5:17-47; 8:39-44; Galatians 3:1-14,16-19,29; Romans 1:16-17; 8:17; 9:1-9; Ephesians 1:3-14,17-23; 2:4-9; 3:1-6; Philippians 2:5-11; 1Corinthians 3:21-23; Genesis 1:1-29; Genesis 15:1-21; Hebrews 4:2;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

It's Time To Pray (2) / What Can Save You? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/03/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.