Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

After NYSC, What Next? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / After NYSC, What Next? (12078 Views)

NYSC: What To Expect When You Are Posted To Borno / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

After NYSC, What Next? by KdeeHub: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2023
It's been 2 years since John finished NYSC. Allawee had stopped coming in, his plan was to land a high paying job immediately after NYSC unfortunately, life has thrown him lemon but he can't make lemonades. Depression and frustration could be seen boldly written on his face. He is the definition of an "Angry Young Man"

Congratulations on your deployment to your various states and congratulations to the Batch A's who are having their PoP soon. One certain thing is that a large number of the Corp Members after finishing NYSC will black out not knowing what next

The new Corp members will plan to save their allawee but for many, it is their allawee that will save them.

If you must survive immediately after NYSC, have a skill; not just a skill but a digital skill.

If had the opportunity to learn a high income digital skill today for free which would you learn?

Add yours in the comment box!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by chatinent: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2023
Affiliate marketing doesn't really pay in the real world. You only enrich the originals.

I'll vouch for freelancing twice on a Monday.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Starboytwo(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2023
Yahoo straight up.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
The person who commented after the person who created this thread is the same person as the one who created this thread. If you don't understand this statement, I dey try tell you say the OP and the first to comment guy na same person. E dey try promote em business.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
It has been established and it's a fact that the West had engaged in pre colonial, colonial and post colonial exploitation of African resources. The US/West exploits the world through various clandestine activities but most especially it's currency. The economic disparity between the collective west and developing countries can be considered an exploitation or rebranded slavery. The legal minimum wage for jobs in most western countries is the equivalent of $10/hr. For illustration, A factory worker in the US/west earns $15/hr, 8 hours per day in a 5 day work week = about $500 weekly. In 2 weeks time, this factory worker would be able to save about $1000 for a tech product (let's say an iPhone).... I know this worker will have other needs but this is just for illustration. Meanwhile, a factory worker in Nigeria working 8 hours a day..maybe 10K a day ..in a 5 day work week would earn like 50K naira weekly...in 2 weeks, that's 100K naira (less than $250 as of today). Both had the same labour input but the Nigerian was exploited by the hegemon. The West influenced the politics of Africa. Most African countries are still under defacto colonialism. The Western interference in our domestic politics allows them install puppets('African leaders') who in turn give the colonizers a free hand to loot our resources. We can take advantage of the rivalry between the West and East and use it to our own benefit.

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by BluntCrazeMan: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Job
Low-paying Job (for a start)

Then self-employment comes later..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by MimiSheWrote(f): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Keke/transportation business.
Wig business.
Chin Chin business.
POS business(Oops they have ruined this one)

Nigeria is the worst country on earth, you as a Youth you are hyping all these politicians up and down. For what exactly? If they build one road and a 15th century bridge in your city, they would come and launch it with cameras and a whole media crew! And you would be rejoicing and celebrating them. Smh..
Those things are basic in other countries! Such things don't even make it to the news!

One sad thing about Nigerians is that our leaders have been playing with us for so long that we don't even know their original duties to us anymore. We hype and thank them for spending a little public funds on us. We feel they are doing us a favor... But forgetting we are actually the public!

We are easily satisfied, reason our leaders don't feel challenged or the pressure to do more!
Well Continue supporting those bloody politicians! Let them continue playing with your future... Yall dumb and dumber that should be staging a nationwide revolutioncry

I don't think you will fully understand how bad we have it in Nigeria until you step out of this shit hole for a second.

9 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Back then towards the tail end of my service year, I harbored one of the worst fears ever conceived in my life; and it was all about how I would survive after service given that I didn’t really have where to go to and anyone to depend upon for the next phase of struggle ahead.
The future really seemed so bleak for me that I at a particular point I broke down in tears and cried all through the night.
I thank God that all that now is story. Life is really but a phase

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by codekanle(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Pos
Re: After NYSC, What Next? by ghiloman28(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Go and learn hand work

8 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Kentuforchrist(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Go open church

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Truthfulguy10: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Batch A2
Self taught in HTML5 , CSS3, JavaScript and C#
It’s been hell learning this , due to light issues and high data usage for tutorial videos and materials…
I keep on asking myself what next after Service ,
It gives me nightmares cry

The country is 4ked !!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by damble: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Handiwork (ise Owo)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by ZiemMedia: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
You Go and learn a skill from an illiterate

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by otosa(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
POS grin grin

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Mjshexy(f): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Time to make use of the knowledge acquired, improvise and think outside the box because life is indeed a battle field cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by OgaBenji: 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
What ever you do, don't just go back home to your parents house and sit down doing nothing.

Do well to communicate to people that you are in need of Job, while doing so get something doing.

Forget about age or what people would say and get your hands dirty 😉😉, hunger no dey respect swag

14 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by socialmediaman: 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
The knowledge you get from a structured educational institution to earn a bachelor's degree is specialized knowledge, what you do with it to earn a living or become rich is up to you.

If you decide to look for a job, here are some ideas:

1. Decide on the job you want to do for your prospective employer
2. Do a research on the business of your prospective employer
3. Do a research on the competitors of your prospective employer
3. Do a research on how you can contribute to the growth of your prospective employer's business. Be very specific on the skills you're bringing to his team that could help you achieve that for him.
4. Find out the best way to get your message across to your prospective employer, whether through job application, visit and request for audience, anything creative, do some research and see what others have done.

If the above sounds difficult, please do yourself a favor and start frying popcorn or something, maybe that's easier (kidding)

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Jones4190(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
POS
hookup
uncle's promise

4 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by SirJerrie(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
Na Every P.O.P day Una dey ask this question...

Na the same answer una go get:

Open P.O.S

13 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by vickydevoka(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
chatinent:
Affiliate marketing doesn't really pay in the real world. You only enrich the originals.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by BigDawsNet: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
After NYSC

Remember one thing... No job is a available anywhere unless you have Godfathers ..

If age is on your side... search and apply for Federal jobs that are available for recruitment...

I think Immigration and Nationa population, Maybe Nigerian Amry i guess...

Pick a Tech Course and start learning...
I will advice Ui/Ux... this course should take you 5month to be ready for Intern...

Get enough experience... while going through your training...apply for jobs.. if you lucky, You can get one...

Generally if you don't have anyone... it's going to be a rough journey... but you will smile las las

Goodluck

12 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by michlins(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
I see them posing for the camera and smiling not knowing what life has in store for them and how much frustration awaits them in the job market.

But that's life,some will be crying and some be smiling. Don't allow anyone take your joy away

15 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Missgeraldine(f): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
Next is to...

Vote Obi2023

9 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by costandi(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
NPower.

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Toneypen247(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
chatinent:
Affiliate marketing doesn't pay in the real world. You only enrich the originals.

Is a boss speaking 👐💯

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Toneypen247(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
Freelance all the way💯

Welcome to the world of endless possibilities. When the desired is not available, don't relent, make the available desired.🙏
Re: After NYSC, What Next? by vickydevoka(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=FreddieGray post=120579024][/quote]
I was shock that my friend join pastoral line of business. He’s now married

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What Next? by Okortor: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
Jejely go n open pos while u keep Job hunting.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East / B14 Stream II Corpers, Do U Really Want To Miss Camp? Come In For Solution / When Is Nysc Camp Opening For Batch B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.