Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! (682 Views)

Airport Traffic: Abuja Overtakes Lagos since 2019 (pic) / What I Noticed In The Streets Of Lagos Since Tinubu Was Declared Winner. / 101 Boko Haram Suspects Detained In Lagos Since 2009 Without Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by MrEverest(m): 9:14am On Jan 31, 2023
The worst heist ever in the history of Africa is going on in Lagos but no one is paying attention to it. Lagos has been under sustained rape
from 1999 till date and I will explain.

Lagos State is actually richer than Rivers and Akwa Ibom combined! Yet governors in Rivers and Akwa Ibom have built vast numbers of bridges, airports, stadiums, flyovers, airlines, hospitals, etc etc. But same can't be said of Lagos!

The only stadium built in Lagos since 1999 i.e. 24 years now is Teslim Balogun stadium. That stadium is no where comparable to Uyo's Nest of Champions that is world class! Teslim Balogun can only be compared to the ones built in Ikot Ekpene or Eket. Shame!

Akwa Ibom has an airline established by the state government but Lagos that claims to be richer than Ghana, Rwanda and Senegal combined can't even boast of any!

Millions of Lagosians are suffering and wasting vast man hours daily on traffic jams yet aside Ikoyi link bridge there is no significant bridges, flyovers or super highways added to the ones left by federal government. Everyday we see Wike commissioning large number of bridges, flyovers and roads. Same with Akwa Ibom and even Kano but Lagos that needs it most nothing is happening.

Even highbrow areas in Lagos such as VI, Ikoyi and even Banana island still have open gutters everywhere! No pipe borne water in Lagos! Many either dig well or drink salty water from boreholes in 2023!

If you observe carefully, you will notice how these rogues keep hyping private sector investments like Dangote refinery, Lekki port, etc as their achievement. They arrogantly claim Lagos organic growth as their achievement while embezzling all the funds meant to be used in developing Lagos.

Nigerians are not ready to ask this rogue claiming to be Lagos landlord what he is doing with all the trillions being generated in Lagos. Today, the old criminal is using those stolen funds in threatening the rest of Nigeria in the name of Emi lokan.

Who is going to bring this old rogue called BAT to answer for his crimes or is he now bigger than the whole country??!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by Jogs1900: 9:17am On Jan 31, 2023
What is your point now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by brain54(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2023
I wouldn’t want to focus on tilumbu alone…

But it’s a shame Nigerians celebrate mediocrity!

Lagos is a shit.Ty place especially compared to the amount of money she has!

What’s been done with all that money? Lagos state should be a “country “ on its own…

1 Like

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by christejames(m): 9:42am On Jan 31, 2023
Tinubu is standing on the neck of Lagos State treasury...

Sane lagosians should join hands let's push him back to Iragbiji come 2023

2 Likes

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by MrEverest(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2023
Lagos has been having mediocre governors since 1999 and this is as a result of not being allowed to use the state's resources judiciously.

The method used by BAT is embezzle Lagos funds, hype private investments and take credit for them and use media to brainwash Nigerians.

How can a state that is richer than Rivers and Akwa Ibom not experiencing massive infrastructural growth? Everyday we see Wike and Udom commissioning massive infrastructural projects with less money yet in Lagos nothing is happening!
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by LocalStandard1(m): 10:44am On Jan 31, 2023
MrEverest:
Lagos has been having mediocre governors since 1999 and this is as a result of not being allowed to use the state's resources judiciously.
The method used by BAT is embezzle Lagos funds, hype private investments and take credit for them and use media to brainwash Nigerians.
How can a state that is richer than Rivers and Akwa Ibom not experiencing massive infrastructural growth? Everyday we see Wike and Udom commissioning massive infrastructural projects with less money yet in Lagos nothing is happening!
Your post will not see the light of day trust me. As we're talking now it's already hidden somewhere the majority Nairalanders can't see.

That's what happens when you question"almighty" Lagos and it's affairs.
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by sapele914(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2023
christejames:
Tinubu is standing on the neck of Lagos State treasury...

Sane lagosians should join hands let's push him back to Iragbiji come 2023
Go back to Abia State.

3 Likes

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by sapele914(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Your post will not see the light of day trust me. As we're talking now it's already hidden somewhere the majority Nairalanders can't see.

Then how were you able to see the post?

1 Like

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by LocalStandard1(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2023
sapele914:
Then how were you able to see the post?
Good question.

You can see even the most controversial post before they're noticed and maybe deleted, so far the topics are not programmed to delete them automatically.

I have post that are hidden and some deleted automatically, I know cause I've been on Nairaland long enough I notice patterns.
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by Iceberg3: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2023
Everybody in Lagos are now at their mercy...iyaloja got chains and koboko.
Agberoes the same.
LG council the same.
KAI the same....
The worse now that they use in terrorising and harassing and embarrassing the private,educated and high working class people is lastma...

Very horrible things happening in that Lagos
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by ambale(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2023
I think this has to do with our standard as a people

Lagos and Nigeria by extension should be the biggest brother in Africa with our vast resources but celebrating mediocrity has been our bane and gradually every other African country had catch up with us

I laugh when I hear people say Lagos this Lagos that, it can be better than whatever it is now if we have good standards

1 Like

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by MrEverest(m): 11:42am On Jan 31, 2023
LocalStandard1:

They can continue suppressing the truth but a time is coming when Nigerians will come for them fully. There would be no hiding place and most of them will either escape with chopper or face mob action.

Endsars that happened earlier will be a child's play.

1 Like

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by MrEverest(m): 11:48am On Jan 31, 2023
ambale:
I think this has to do with our standard as a people

Lagos and Nigeria by extension should be the biggest brother in Africa with our vast resources but celebrating mediocrity has been our bane and gradually every other African country had catch up with us

I laugh when I hear people say Lagos this Lagos that, it can be better than whatever it is now if we have good standards

Honestly, we have extremely low standards that even other much poorer African countries tend to have better living neighborhoods.

How much will it cost to fix pipeborne water in Lagos? But the rogues will rather use the money to buy private jets and condos abroad.

Why would there still be open gutters all over Lagos including so-called highbrow areas like Ikoyi, VI and Lekki. These BATstards will go abroad and enjoy the serenity and healthy ambience of better developed countries yet they will return to Nigeria and refuse to do the right thing. Yet you see hungry fools with no future supporting them.
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by christistruth01: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2023
The one that happened in Abia State and is still happening is far Worse

That is why many parts of Abia look like a Bomb Blast Site

2 Likes

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by MrEverest(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2023
christistruth01:

The one that happened in Abia State and is still happening is far Worse

That is why many parts of Abia look like a Bomb Blast Site

So it's now a case of whataboutism?

Everyone knows that Okezie Ikpeazu is a mediocre and that's why I like Igbos, they don't celebrate criminals in their midst or try to defend them like most of you do. Igbos attacked Okezie until he picked up. Others like TA Orji, Uzodinma, and Ugwuanyi were never spared. Unlike you guys that celebrate rogues like BAT.
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by MrEverest(m): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
If people like Orji Uzor, TA Orji or Ugwuanyi should contest for president, Igbos will be the first to condemn them.

Continue supporting criminals because of bigotry while other countries leave you behind.
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by christistruth01: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
MrEverest:

So it's now a case of whataboutism?

Everyone knows that Okezie Ikpeazu is a mediocre and that's why I like Igbos, they don't celebrate criminals in their midst or try to defend them like most of you do. Igbos attacked Okezie until he picked up. Others like TA Orji, Uzodinma, and Ugwuanyi were never spared. Unlike you guys that celebrate rogues like BAT.

They love re-electing Mediocrity

The Heist in Abia State is far Worse

2 Likes

Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by CityBoy17: 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bro..
Y'all need to visit my hometown in Ikorodu..
The road is terrible, As we are entering the raining season, I have made arrangement with some of my guys in Ibadan to come stay with them till the season is over.. Raining season is terrible here in Ikorodu...
One good thing here is the great work being done by the Ikeja Distribution Company.. We have light about 20 hours daily.. 😋.
But anything like roads or infrastructure, Lagos lacks a lot. Even the Laspotech road adjacent to where I stay is terrible, can't count how many students get caught up in the traffic or monthly accidents there...

Lagos is a great place, but trust me, it is being overrated.

Most of us here in Ik are either voting for Atiku or Obi. We'd decide few days to the election.

Ive never been a tribalistic person so I have no problem voting for either Atiku or Obi though Tinubu has been my political idol since I started following politics but I just feel he's too weak for the job right now.. Trust me if Jagaban was younger, Atiku and Obi would have stepped down by now sef cos they'd know they won't win..
Re: Exposed: How The Worst Heist In Africa Has Been Going On In Lagos Since 1999! by ambale(m): 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
MrEverest:

Honestly, we have extremely low standards that even other much poorer African countries tend to have better living neighborhoods.

How much will it cost to fix pipeborne water in Lagos? But the rogues will rather use the money to buy private jets and condos abroad.

Why would there still be open gutters all over Lagos including so-called highbrow areas like Ikoyi, VI and Lekki. These BATstards will go abroad and enjoy the serenity and healthy ambience of better developed countries yet they will return to Nigeria and refuse to do the right thing. Yet you see hungry fools with no future supporting them.

With what we have at our disposal and the respect Nigeria as a nation commands from every other African nation, we should be miles ahead in terms of development but sadly don't even know who to blame

(1) (Reply)

IF New Currency Does Not Affect Politicians / Tribalism: Yoruba Leading The Way In Tribal Politics / Datti Ahmed Fails To Deliver Polling Unit For Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.