Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink (25707 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Lightorder: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
TristanX:

Mugu!! Will the poor man eat starlink? Will Star link reduce the inflation rate? Will it reduce the price of fuel, kerosene and gas? No be person wey don chop go use Starlink?

Mad man
don’t mind him o . He can’t afford the starlink , even if his poor friends contribute to assist him. NL is where the jobless pose to be billionaires

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria becomes the first African country to welcome Elonmusk’s Starlink data service.

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1620166806722981890?t=tq6rpZyZ7v90aFY1mRSuxw&s=19

I smell a big big rat the two pictures were taken at sterling headquarters in America last year July. Adequate from starling. Did not mention anything about the speed and the course which is very fishy. Because at least in the other African country that trial it was 160 mbps 400 US dollar a month and the equipment was around 700 u.s. dollar. This one is actually a fish or a rat which is incomplete. I have not found anywhere on the internet which talks about cost of products and hardware delivery to Nigeria. This might be another fantasy like Amazon coming to naija. It might be another one like when they said it was coming to Angola and it never arrived Elon Musk starlink. How much did the government pay for this tweet

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Yet some people will still be angry with this news. They dont like any good thing happening to this country. But they want to rule the country.

This is the situation in Nigeria and the illiteracy of the people once they see another African country doing something they start pulling themselves. Let's start from Amazon Then we move to Sterling Then we move to Walmart Then we move to US dollar ATM machine. What happened to the Google data centre which was supposed to be complete in Nigeria not even started. It looks like one politician just sit down and start dreaming and the illiterate masses follow. Where is the equipment in Nigeria where is the test results is it a Twitter with which we don't even know which is going to give us the hard to result

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Brushstrokes20: 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good!...but Nig urgently needs an Internet provider like NTEL to clip the wicked wings of greedy
Shylocks like mtn and Co.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2023
Qtrpst4:
There service is not for poor people like you

Dem no dey accept urchinry money

Before you open your mouth or type something please use your brain if your brain is an illiterate brain try to get educated. SpaceX starlink is the cheapest form of internet in the world at a price of 100 US dollar for 160 mbps. If you want that same data plan from MTN they will charge you something like 300 US dollar.

From the test results all over Africa it is the cheapest but no result has been done in Nigeria yet . The only countries South Africa Ghana and Kenya test results work done and equipment was sold a month later. It is limited order on hardware and equipment 100 to 200 per African country

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Bluffly: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
And so
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bossman:
Yes, the installation cost is quite high. However, that will come down with time. No, it's not really movable. As you will be connecting to a stationary router that's hooked up to the satellite dish mounted somewhere at your property.

You can choose to plan the one which is fixed you cannot move it with more than 100 m, or you can choose the plan which is fully flexible you can carry the dish wherever you like in the world even in the middle of the ocean. These are the two plants which are available In order African countries. The one which is fully movable you can put it on your vehicle's roof or caravan roof or boat or ship is about 30 to 40 US dollar more expensive in other African countries

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by IamANigerianMan: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Yet some people will still be angry with this news. They dont like any good thing happening to this country. But they want to rule the country.
The same man who is not allowing us to use PAYPAL. NONSENSE he carry his nonsense from Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by ThatCEO: 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
Victorclean1:
Nothing new bro. Starlink is meaningless if poverty index is high here.

Based on say Elon Musk is dumb Na, him no see the poverty index before him invest. Give him 4 years, he will hit 1 million subscribers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
Brian47:
This is great news
But the service cost over 200k
Only big men will use it.

Who told you the equipment is about $700 and you will pay about 100 US Dollar in months for the non flexible option. The flexible option where you can move all over the world with it at a speed not exceeding 40 km an hour will cost 140 dollars for every month
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by franksam2009: 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
People jubilating over this are fools, at this age we should be able to manufacture our own high speed satellite, and not allow foreigners to come spy on us with their satellites
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:

It is a lie? . Lol. Funny.

You are even arguing with the owner.

Let's be educated the owner might have released that week because he is not the first time it has happened he did the same thing in Angola and it never took off. July last year he made a tweet in Angola that day will be the first in Africa and nothing happened. Let's be very educated where is the test result of the equipment. South Africa Ghana and Kenya have all done their test results and the range on speed is between 140 to 200 mbps but. 100 u.s. dollar a month. How can you just released a book like that with no backup evidence where can I buy the equipment in Nigeria no way
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Ayodeb(m): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lukgaf:
Similarly, starlink's availability in Nigeria brings hope for a more connected future, especially for students and those who have been limited by the high cost of internet access. I believe this will pave the way for affordable internet, making it possible for more individuals to have access to educational resources, including my Yorùbá mathematics classes. I'm looking forward to reaching a wider audience and sharing my knowledge with more students.

Sure guy! We need to talk!!! O-Cademy!!!
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
You have to understand Elon Musk is a business person similar to Donald Trump. He makes a lot of wild claims and do not follow on them especially. He has been fighting for over 6 months with President Putin on Twitter. He has reopen Donald Trump's Twitter account. He has made a lot of wild claims I do not deliver. This looks like the story of the u.s. dollar ATM machines which was supposed to be in banks but are nowhere to be seen since 2020. Anything happens he just jumped on the bandwagon and truth about it
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lukgaf:
Similarly, starlink's availability in Nigeria brings hope for a more connected future, especially for students and those who have been limited by the high cost of internet access. I believe this will pave the way for affordable internet, making it possible for more individuals to have access to educational resources, including my Yorùbá mathematics classes. I'm looking forward to reaching a wider audience and sharing my knowledge with more students.

Be very wise in what you are getting into because what you reap is what you sow. This timely issue the government has been making noise about it since 2022 match. Just every time they will make noise to three months later you hear nothing next year they're a game making the same noise then you hear nothing again that is how it has been going
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by dfrost: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Chief, you really need to do self-evaluation. Your thread, you commented first and you are already talking to yourself.

Baba, jeje ooh. Make you no wound yourself. Just a friendly and neighbourly advice.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
I am officially said that this story might before 419. It looks like since 2021 the Nigerian government has been making noise about this starlink coming to Nigeria. Last year July Elon Musk made the same tweet

Last year they claimed he has started operation and this year they're claiming he has started operation how many times does a company start operation.

So today government narrative since July last year 2022 he has started operation the hardware's are nowhere to be seen. 419 beware

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by michoim(m): 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Lol. Who are the people you are pointing those accusing fingers to...
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
michoim:

Lol. Who are the people you are pointing those accusing fingers to...

Instead of fighting ourselves on nairaland let us see even if the story is true. Because I can see big cracks in this story it does not make sense. He just looks like the Amazon story.

When these people see another African country doing something they start making noise with nothing to show for it

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by litaninja(m): 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is your definition of "greatness"?

lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by litaninja(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
It's a satellite service. No, it won't pave way for cheap or affordable internet. Any space venture is many times more expensive than its terrestrial equivalent.

Lukgaf:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Brownshoe: 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Really! A ku orire, na that we dey talk.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by frank14011991(m): 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Isa Ali pantami is really trying
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
lhordspy:
Nigeria is doing great.

Eeeeereey why you no carry dem go Agbado-Ijaiye ,Agbado-Oja, Sango-Otta and Co☺
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by KingSunnyville(m): 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
They operate with small low orbit satellites so they are everywhere already. Just buy the hardware. You can use it anywhere you are. They don't need to lay cables anywhere.

Nbote:
Hope they actually spread and give these mobile networks a run for their money.. Where's multilinks, Starcomms and all those other CDMA networks that came put sometime ago
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Elonmuzk(m): 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
It's nothing to be bragged about. The service is highly needed in Nigeria, so it's a good market for him. In South Africa, nobody will buy it.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Lukgaf(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ayodeb:

Sure guy! We need to talk!!! O-Cademy!!!

No wahala
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Victorclean1: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
deji17:

You spend a good portion of your life commenting nonsense online and you expect poverty not to be your best friend? Dey play . grin

Bro face reality. My post is pinching you hard?.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by morikee: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Instead of fighting ourselves on nairaland let us see even if the story is true. Because I can see big cracks in this story it does not make sense. He just looks like the Amazon story.

When these people see another African country doing something they start making noise with nothing to show for it

You keep spamming rubbish guy starlink is fully available for Nigerians go and research instead of ranting

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by fineboynl(m): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
If starlink mean business they should make the router rechargeable battery powered. That's the only way more Nigerians will embrace it.
Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Dshocker(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
On the comment section, someone called out MTN.

And MTN was trying so hard to defend herself grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink by Segzy19: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Na the starlink you take make this post?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gionee Declares Bankruptcy, Enters Liquidation / Infinix HOT 5 Unboxing + First Look / Apple Releases New Smart Battery Case For The Iphone. PRICE N46,440 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.