Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria (37384 Views)

President Buhari Commissioned Largest Rice Mill In Africa In Lagos / Pictures Of What President Buhari Commissioned In Lafia, Nasarawa State / Buhari Commissioned Road Projects In Imo State (Pictures & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Nnadi2020(m): 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2023
yashau:
President Buhari as try his best on infrastructure for Nigeria, meanwhile incoming President Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu will continue his good job come 2023šŸ˜’šŸ‘
don't mention the name okechukwu anyhow
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Bobbiee: 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
blackpanda:

Pls go and sleep
He has been commissioning projects for 8years, you are the one that chose hate and to turn a blind eye

You think life is all about commissioning projects? That's what you think the problems of our country is all about? Lol. Like I said, people like you are food for our politicians. Check the main problems plaguing our country and tell me if he solved even one of them. You can commission a train but what does that do if people get kidnapped riding those trains. You can commission a school but what does that do if people are unable to go to schools because of insecurity or strikes. You can commission airports but what does that do if most Nigerians lack the means to travel and those that can find it difficult because of how many countries have blacklisted Nigerians. The only real achievement this man did during his tenure wouldn't even be called an achievement by most, and to me that is closing our border and investing in rice production. Before 2015, Nigeria wasn't among the top 20 rice producers in the world. Now, Nigeria is the only African country that made the list. Don't just commission, get to the root of a major problem and solve it. Had it been that he just commisoned a rice plant without first closing the border, then it'd have been a complete waste of time, like the Ajaokuta steel mill.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by yashau(m): 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nnadi2020:
don't mention the name okechukwu anyhow
šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by blackpanda: 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bobbiee:

You think life is all about commissioning projects? That's what you think the problems of our country is all about? Lol. Like I said, people like you are food for our politicians. Check the main problems plaguing our country and tell me if he solved even one of them. You can commission a train but what does that do if people get kidnapped riding those trains. You can commission a school but what does that do if people are unable to go to schools because of insecurity or strikes. You can commission airports but what does that do if most Nigerians lack the means to travel and those that can find it difficult because of how many countries have blacklisted Nigerians. The only real achievement this man did during his tenure wouldn't even be called an achievement by most, and to me that is closing our border and investing in rice production. Before 2015, Nigeria wasn't among the top 20 rice producers in the world. Now, Nigeria is the only African country that made the list. Don't just commission, get to the root of a major problem and solve it. Had it been that he just commisoned a rice plant without first closing the border, then it'd have been a complete waste of time, like the Ajaokuta steel mill.

Like i said, go and sleep. You are only good at complaining thats all.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
elasticlala:
These things do not last long. Wasted resources.

Am telling you it wasted resurces

Check out my signature and contact me if u need me
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by ebbo(m): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
chichar1:
10mega watts!!!!!! At this century!!! God damm Buhari and APC

Your papa, which one your darling PDP did for 16 years?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Neoteny7: 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omihanifa:
10mw to supply power to loads of industries undecided nah wa nigeria is joke

Industries don't have to be heavy industries, we're still a 3rd world country last time i checked.

As bad as things are, you people should be patriotic enough to appreciate both giant strides and baby steps... everyone has to start somewhere.

Nigerians are as bad as their leaders. Look at you people hoarding currency and selling it to your fellow citizens, adding to the suffering.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Abemy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
yashau:
President Buhari as try his best on infrastructure for Nigeria, meanwhile incoming President Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu will continue his good job come 2023šŸ˜’šŸ‘

Is he the one that built it, or Kano state
government?
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by asanausana91: 7:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
boldtruthalways:
Everything in the North, what has he done for the South generating the resources that is feeding the nation?
you are fooling yourself. Lagos Ibadan railway, Lagos Ibadan express way, second Niger bridge, Enugu port Harcourt express way, and so many others.
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
07kjb:
10MW this country is finished

A president of a country commissioning 10mw of solar power in 21st century

For starters, it's a state govt project.

Secondly, it's to power industrial areas in Kano. Check the current power allocated to Kano and you will understand why this is significant for them.

It's not everything you just have to be negative about.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by sulaak(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
LegendHero:
Imagine what Northern governors have been doing in Kano/Kaduna specifically. New industries, housing estates, Power generation, and etc. but some ignorant Southerners still believe our states is better than these Northern states.

Most Southern governors are sleeping except few from Rivers, Lagos, Akwa Ibom, and Ebonyi who are still at least trying to an extent.

Those Northern states hold 87% of Nigeria's poverty and the majority of the illiterate. Infrastructures in the land of extreme poverty will be vandalised by the poor. Until Northern Nigerians invest in education and health care for all, all that infrastructure will end up like the Abuja -Kaduna railway.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Cool
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by shegz24(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
It's a good one.

However, generating power has not been the major problem.
Its the distribution of this power generated that has been the major issue.

I doubt if we distribute up to half the power generated ATM.
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
blackpanda:

Pls go and sleep
He has been commissioning projects for 8years, you are the one that chose hate and to turn a blind eye

Louder please!

Those hate filled dwarfs will never see anything good in you

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Goke7: 7:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
sulaak:

Those Northern states hold 87% of Nigeria's poverty and the majority of the illiterate. Infrastructures in the land of extreme poverty will be vandalised by the poor. Until Northern Nigerians invest in education and health care for all, all that infrastructure will end up like the Abuja -Kaduna railway.

is this an excuse for the non-performing governors down south? The states with high literacy, where are their infrastructure projects that can rival what we see in the north

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Goke7: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
VaselineCrew:
Nice one, now imagine this time 36 states.

That would be 360MW of renewable energy. No excuses like, no gas or pipeline burst, bla bla bla.

As long as the Sun is shining, there would be power.

If each state had been building one of these per year, right now we would have had 4GW of power cumulative, just from renewable.

This would take some stress away from gas turbines, and in combination, would lead to more steady power supply.

Brilliant submission here!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Lightorder: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
yashau:
you crack me up like your principal . APC , the party of skit makers
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by MrEndowed1: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is an excellent initiative. I hope it really adds 10megawatts to the grid
yashau:

https://twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1620378469275435011?t=t0CHRhHam5Yt5N79ueSVXQ&s=19
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by newnigerdelta00: 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
yashau:

https://twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1620378469275435011?t=t0CHRhHam5Yt5N79ueSVXQ&s=19

Bad News for peter Obi and obidient,they hate to see good things happening...... always waiting for people's bad News , evil peter OBI and obideafs
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by livenija: 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Give kudos when due!

Which administration ha done such in last 2 decades?

At least, Its a starting point!
u are a fool, say thank u

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
Arafat2022:
I hope it will not be a scam like Kaduna dry port inland
Lol no be only Kaduna dry port. They sold us on Ibadan dry port, Anambra dry port and many more. None of them are anywhere to be seen.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Jonegonu: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omihanifa:
10mw to supply power to loads of industries undecided nah wa nigeria is joke
what do no about power engineering
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Debangis20(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
shocked Impressive!
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Nolevel666: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
sulaak:

That is why I sometimes just wish we can break away from these northern people.

My reasons are
1. Extremely Low number of literates

2.no birth control measures whatsoever

3.their religious conditioning does not tally with our 21st century requirements at all and not in the good interest of Nigeria as a whole

4. Most of them just love to beg and they take pride in it

Iā€™m not a biafran but meh, the odds of this country sticking together and prospering are very low esp with a very high population who see education as a waste of time.

If they can at least control their birth rates, Nigeria will be a bit stable.

Just imagine a country that would take 5 times its land size to cover the United states, now dragging population with the united states,resulting to high population density.

Haba!
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by imagrg(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
Boot licker.
Enemy of the suffering masses. cool
yashau:
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Biggeststar01: 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
We still don't like him
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2023
yashau:

Tinubu will nevertheless be President
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Biggeststar01: 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Bad News for peter Obi and obidient,they hate to see good things happening...... always waiting for people's bad News , evil peter OBI and obideafs

Nothing much..

Just thinking of how tinubu will rule Yoruba nesan cool
Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by Misterone: 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2023
chichar1:
10mega watts!!!!!! At this century!!! God damm Buhari and APC
you no get sense. 10mw can power 10,000 homes if you don't know. Mumu

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by 3seriez(m): 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nolevel666:

That is why I sometimes just wish we can break away from these northern people.

My reasons are
1. Extremely Low number of literates

2.no birth control measures whatsoever

3.their religious conditioning does not tally with our 21st century requirements at all and not in the good interest of Nigeria as a whole

4. Most of them just love to beg and they take pride in it

Iā€™m not a biafran but meh, the odds of this country sticking together and prospering are very low esp with a very high population who see education as a waste of time.

If they can at least control their birth rates, Nigeria will be a bit stable.

Just imagine a country that would take 5 times its land size to cover the United states, now dragging population with the united states,resulting to high population density.

Haba!

Agreed. Break up is over due. Or we should go back to regionalism like in the 1st Republic. And also push for resource control.
One Nigeria is a farce. North and South have alot that are not shared in common. My only worry is the fate of minorities on both sides. We are marginalising each other one way or another.
But nah, these Politicians no what they are doing. They feed fat on the system and our mumu too much.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by oyeb15: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
Celebrating mediocrity. He's even touching the panels as if he's sampling rams in d market

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria by faceland: 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
specialmati:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ist what other countries are making use of. since 1960 till now no steady light

With the billions of dollars bubu stole, I am skeptical if this project cost up to a million dollars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kidnaps Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman In Adamawa / There Is Sinister Agenda By IPOB To Provoke Soldiers Into Killing - Presidency / INEC Press Release On Reported Registration Issues At Catholic Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.