Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,868 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Akuo: My Visit To A Wetland Farm In Nigeria. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akuo: My Visit To A Wetland Farm In Nigeria. (403 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Fulani Hunters Having Fun In My Farm In 2015 - Aroms Aigbehi Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akuo: My Visit To A Wetland Farm In Nigeria. by MideMrPossible: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2023
Akuo is referred to as a subsistent style of farming in a wetland area especially during the dry season. Most times during the rainy season, the wetland us usually avoided because of how loose the soil could be and could be dangerous as it can suck up someone but during the dry season, Akuo farmers eke a living usually from vegetable that generally has about 45 - 55 days of maturity period and pepper is usually transplants into the wetland for fruiting.

In the video below, I visited the Akuo and had a chat with the farmer and how they do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7Zn2eg9XE

(1) (Reply)

60 Bags Of Dry Poultry Waste Available For Sale In Ibadan. 08079748522 / Defeathering Machines / Moringa For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.