Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,505 members, 7,812,556 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 (585 Views)

Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 / Anthony Joshua: I Thought #EndSARS Protest Was Against Virus / Anthony Joshua: 'I Want Everybody To Bow To Me When I Beat Andy Ruiz' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by SReporters: 9:42am On Feb 01, 2023
Anthony Joshua, a British-Nigerian boxer, has stated that he would like to fight both Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder before the end of 2023.

After losing three of his last five fights, including two to Oleksandr Usyk, the former two-time unified heavyweight champion is rebuilding his career. The boxer is also thinking about moving his training camp to the United States for a change of scenery.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, is planning a ring return for Joshua (24-3, 22 KOs) on April 1. Jermaine Franklin, a long-time contender, is the most likely opponent.

"Finding an opponent to fight me won't be difficult," Joshua told IFL TV.

If Joshua survives his return fight, he intends to return to the top of the division with a big fight.

"In 2023, Fury or Deontay Wilder, both will be good and difficult nights' work." But 2023 is "Furious or Wilder—or possibly both."

Joshua's fans want him to win again.
Throughout the years, Joshua has been in talks to face Wilder and Fury.

Over the last few years, Joshua's team has made significant progress in negotiating with Fury's team, but the initial interest has always ended in failure due to a variety of factors.

When asked if the chances of a Fury fight were over, Joshua remained optimistic about the possibility of a super fight.

"In my heart, no it isn't over. But, if you listen to Fury, it's up and down. But I'm confident he'll fight me. I doubt his father will let him not fight me. I like his father because he is a proper gentleman. So, yeah," Joshua replied. Hearn has also stated that he wants Joshua to fight three times this year, with Dillian Whyte as an opponent in the summer and Wilder following that.

Joshua has previously stated that the Wilder vs. Joshua fight "has to happen" because they are both from the same era.

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/02/01/joshua-i-want-to-fight-fury-and-wilder-before-the-end-of-2023/

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2023
It's going to be win one, and loose one.

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by SReporters: 9:58am On Feb 01, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:

He would lose both! Joshua is completely shattered
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by brain54(m): 10:10am On Feb 01, 2023
The question is…

Does fury still want to fight you?

I think he has moved past you…You weren’t man enough!

Your time is fast speeding past and now you want to fight to stay relevant…

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by SReporters: 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2023
brain54:
The question is…

Does fury still want to fight you?

I think he has moved past you…You weren’t man enough!

Your time is fast speeding past and now you want to fight to stay relevant…

Wilder might want to take a chance to inflict more woes on Joshua!
Just as you rightly said, Fury won't be interested to fight Joshua!! He has moved beyond that!!
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by brain54(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2023
SReporters:

Wilder might want to take a chance to inflict more woes on Joshua!
Just as you rightly said, Fury won't be interested to fight Joshua!! He has moved beyond that!!
Notice the way Joshua was even begging fury stylishly…

It used to be the other way round.

I don’t think even wilder will want to fight Joshua now either. Except as you rightly said just to further inflict more damage to Joshua’s career.

But I don’t think it’s worth it. Except some big money is involved!

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Numerouno94(m): 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2023
AJ and Wilder re in the same Whatsapp group. A fight between them will take the winner back to the top. Cos both of them re psychologically, and emotionally down. Forget Wilder's gra gra, his trilogy with Fury has taken down his confidence so as Joshua's lost to Usyk has nosedived his confidence.

They need eachoda at the moment to stay relevant.
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Numerouno94(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
brain54:

Notice the way Joshua was even begging fury stylishly…

It used to be the other way round.

I don’t think even wilder will want to fight Joshua now either. Except as you rightly said just to further inflict more damage to Joshua’s career.

But I don’t think it’s worth it. Except some big money is involved!

Ur first sentence gat me almost rolling on the floor. grin
I don't tink AJ himself is serious wit that " fighting Fury bullshit talk" his jux trying to get himself some sort of a moral booster. Fury is not on his level for now, that guy is a beast and on top of his game at the moment.

Buh as for the bronze bomber, he has no choice than to accept a fight from AJ. They re technically In the same boat at the moment. They were both beaten like babies and striped off their titles an pride. I blif a bout will do them both good.

And blif me, a fight between them still has the tendency of generating some insane money. Many boxing enthusiasts around the globe still wish to see a fight betwn Wilder and AJ.
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by brain54(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
Numerouno94:

What’s the …..

All about dude?

You got to talk!

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Numerouno94(m): 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
brain54:

What’s the …..

All about dude?

You got to talk!
LoL calm down bro. I'm wit u on this. I intend to add a tin or two.
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by brain54(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
Numerouno94:

LoL calm down bro. I'm wit u on this. I intend to add a tin or two.
Waiting bro…
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Freshtruth(m): 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
Go sit down one place ode. You never feel win a match close to 2years

baba train you said no na DJ cuppy Toto you wan die put

You see wilder and fury no just go there o you see that your fine face way both of them finish with you even Tunubu go fine pass you. Ote

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by SReporters: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
Freshtruth:
Go sit down one place ode. You never feel win a match close to 2years

baba train you set na DJ cuppy Toto you wan die put

You see wilder and fury no just go there o you see that your fine face way both of them finish with you even Tunubu go fine pass you. Ote

cheesy cheesy cheesy bros you wicked oh
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Freshtruth(m): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
who he wan win no tell me say na Wilder because na only fury na done defeat Wilder and na because fury big also.

When wilder go dey Bleep jousha we reasonable Nigerians go dey drink cold hero unsuprise

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Numerouno94(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2023
brain54:

Waiting bro…

Was fvkin busy yesterday. I have added my own thoughts.
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by Numerouno94(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Freshtruth:
who he wan win no tell me say na Wilder because na only fury na done defeat Wilder and na because fury big also.

When wilder go dey Bleep jousha we reasonable Nigerians go dey drink cold hero unsuprise

Bros no to reason am oo. I knw say Fury no b their mate buh see the way Fury beat Wilder 3 gud times like who thief fone for computer village. Wilder jux they fall yakata altru the match. Fury beat am like papa wey dey beat pikin. He came out wit a swollen face and a broken eardrum and needed one or two surgeries after the bout.gringrin

Wilder and Joshua really need the fight. Their moral done go down.
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by SReporters: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Numerouno94:

Bros no to reason am oo. I knw say Fury no b their mate buh see the way Fury beat Wilder 3 gud times like who thief fone for computer village. Wilder jux they fall yakata altru the match. Fury beat am like papa wey dey beat pikin. He came out wit a swollen face and a broken eardrum and needed one or two surgeries after the bout.gringrin

Wilder and Joshua really need the fight. Their moral done go down.

Wilder will destroy Joshua even Fury said he would bet on Wilder to destroy Joshua.
Wilder's knock out power will send Joshua to oblivion
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by brain54(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
Numerouno94:

Ur first sentence gat me almost rolling on the floor. grin
I don't tink AJ himself is serious wit that " fighting Fury bullshit talk" his jux trying to get himself some sort of a moral booster. Fury is not on his level for now, that guy is a beast and on top of his game at the moment.

Buh as for the bronze bomber, he has no choice than to accept a fight from AJ. They re technically In the same boat at the moment. They were both beaten like babies and striped off their titles an pride. I blif a bout will do them both good.

And blif me, a fight between them still has the tendency of generating some insane money. Many boxing enthusiasts around the globe still wish to see a fight betwn Wilder and AJ.
Lol at beaten like babies…

What’s left is just to give them both feeding bottles grin

You right also about both of them been in the same group chat grin

Although I think wilder has a slight advantage. I think josh is a coward though.

You also right about a wilder vs Joshua fight being a potential hit/money spinner. Though it would be more about the money than the excitement of seeing the two slug it out in the ring. (my opinion). I don’t think it would be that great a bout. Except maybe just to put to rest the argument of who the better is between the duo.

As for fury does that mean he is unstoppable for now? Like in a class of his own?

I still think this era hasn’t produced great heavy weights though as compared to past champions. I mean imagine if the heavy weights of this era were to take on those of older eras. The best now would easily be beaten “ like babies” by probably a Holyfield, Lennox Lewis or even a Tyson (iron mike) would easily knock out his namesake.😜

And I am not even talking about the golden era of Ali in his prime or the hard puncher foreman etc.

But of course that’s not taking anything from the Gypsy king the dude is good and at the moment seems unmatched.

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by kestolove95(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2023
You want to die before d end of this year

1 Like

Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by jimmyolasun: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
brain54:

Lol at beaten like babies…

What’s left is just to give them both feeding bottles grin

You right also about both of them been in the same group chat grin

Although I think wilder has a slight advantage. I think josh is a coward though.

You also right about a wilder vs Joshua fight being a potential hit/money spinner. Though it would be more about the money than the excitement of seeing the two slug it out in the ring. (my opinion). I don’t think it would be that great a bout. Except maybe just to put to rest the argument of who the better is between the duo.

As for fury does that mean he is unstoppable for now? Like in a class of his own?

I still think this era hasn’t produced great heavy weights though as compared to past champions. I mean imagine if the heavy weights of this era were to take on those of older eras. The best now would easily be beaten “ like babies” by probably a Holyfield, Lennox Lewis or even a Tyson (iron mike) would easily knock out his namesake.😜

And I am not even talking about the golden era of Ali in his prime or the hard puncher foreman etc.

But of course that’s not taking anything from the Gypsy king the dude is good and at the moment seems unmatched.

Which Ali golden era.. lol, bro i read somewhere in an Ali interview where he said it himself that if he had faced a prime mike in his own prime also, Tyson would have him KO. Walai that Tyson was a beast.. person wey go dey use punch pursue you for ring.. Ali wey dey bounce about for don bounce run comot for ring
Re: Joshua: I Want To Fight Fury And Wilder Before The End Of 2023 by brain54(m): 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
jimmyolasun:

Which Ali golden era.. lol, bro i read somewhere in an Ali interview where he said it himself that if he had faced a prime mike in his own prime also, Tyson would have him KO. Walai that Tyson was a beast.. person wey go dey use punch pursue you for ring.. Ali wey dey bounce about for don bounce run comot for ring
I don’t think Ali…

the “greatest” ever made that statement about Tyson though!

And boxing ain’t just about punches. Ali “run Comot for ring”? Ali was no coward and faced/beat all of the biggest heavyweights of his time. He never feared/dodged no opponent one of the reasons he is regarded as the greatest boxer to ever wear a glove. Because of the caliber of fighters he beat!

Run ke..? He would only dance like a butterfly and sting like a bee! He beat heavy punchers like foreman glove for glove.

I think it is Tyson on the other hand who is more likely to make such a comment. You see Ali is one of the reasons Tyson ever wore a glove. He has profound respect for Ali and regards him as a mentor even though their boxing styles are completely opposite. Ali had great influence on Tyson’s boxing career!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Is Not Technically Good - Mikel Obi- Pulse Sports / Ticket Of The Day / Wenger Wants Country Fa To Be Responsible For Players' Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.