Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,674 members, 7,865,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:38 AM

How To Sell To Difficult Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Sell To Difficult Customers (179 Views)

How To Sell To Nigerians — Here's How Indomie Did It / I Have An Idea I Want To Sell To A Firm. How Do I Do This Without It Stolen ? / 8 Ways To Sell To People Without Begging Them To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell To Difficult Customers by Solo777(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
When closing sales, there are two types of questions you'd likely ask.

1. The close ended question. & 2. The open ended question.
___

A close ended question is one that you gives the customer or client the option to provide a one-word answer.

For instance, imagine asking a customer who was suppose to buy your shoe:

"Are you still interested in buying the shoe?

They'd likely answer "Yes, or No".

And you know such answers could end the entire conversation, and you'd lose the sale, because they'd likely say "No", in most cases.

____

While open ended questions are those that are asked with the intention of making the client or customer to provide the answers in their own words.

For instance, instead of asking your customer:

"Are you still interested in buying the shoe?

You can use the open ended question method, which would likely go like this:

"I know you're interested in purchasing the shoe, but I wanted to confirm why you didn't make the purchase again?

When the customer gets such question, they'd likely give you a detailed reason why they haven't made the purchase yet.

They might say something like:

"Yes, I wanted to make the purchase, but my payment couldn't go through, maybe it's the network, or something else".

And at that point, you can then give them other options to make the payment, that way you wouldn't lose the sale.

____

In a nutshell, an open ended question is one that your client would naturally provide detailed answers when asked, which will make the conversation not to close at one instance.

While a close ended question, would likely end the conversation after the one-word response is given.

So, if you want to effectively apply the open ended question tactic into sales, do this exercise first.

Ask yourself the same question you want to ask your prospect, and see if your response would be a one-word answer.

If it is, then it's a closed ended question, not an open ended. If it's not, then it's an open ended question. You can read more on it from Google.

I hope this helps you.

PS: I'm Olive Jaja ( 08179687499), a business and sales coach. I help ambitious business owners like you to outsell their competitors, grow their businesses and multiply their sales.

Since 2020, I've coached over 6812 business owners in my free and paid classes and helped hundreds grow their businesses from zero or poor sales to been sold out in just 45 days or less.

PPS : If you want to learn about mini importation, Affiliate marketing or how to grow your business, send me a WhatsApp message at 08179687499.

PPS: This February, you can join the next batch of business students I'm coaching and helping to map out strategies and make at least X2 - X5 more sales.

These strategies have worked for hundreds of others and will work for you.

There are 3 segments to join based on the calibre of your business

1. BRONZE : #7,000 ( For the 30 - 45 days coaching program)

2. SILVER : #20,000 ( For a 30 - 45 days coaching program).

3. GOLD ( Negotiable based on business, income expectations and growth patterns).

To join any, send a WhatsApp message to me at 08179687499

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Your High-density Shipping Deliveries Effortlessly / The Ultimate Guide To Choosing The Best Packers And Movers In Pune / What's Affiliate Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.