Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity (11902 Views)

Wike: Abaribe Lacks Integrity, Dumped PDP 3 Days After Collecting Money From Us / Daniel Bwala: Wike 'Frustrated' PDP Zoning Policy / Wike Frustrated Imo-Rivers Boundary Dispute Reconciliatory Efforts - Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by dat9jaguy(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
It's obvious Wike is frustrated and can't even do much for Tinubu in rivers state if truly he's supporting Tinubu

The rivers state people are fully Obidient so there is little that Wike can do for Tinubu in rivers state

Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by jamesversion: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

What is this one saying?
Are you aware Uniport is a federal University

Yes I am. I schooled there. Wike is rebuilding the convocation arena. It is a N3.1B project. I'm saying Wike might abandon the project to spite whoever gave the permission for Atiku to use the facility.

If you think Wike cannot abandon the project because of Atiku, then you don't know Wike. undecided
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by mayklef(m): 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

You are daft
how much is fuel in ur area brainless urchin
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
jamesversion:

Yes I am. I schooled there. Wike is rebuilding the convocation arena. It is a N3.1B project. I'm saying Wike might abandon the project to spite whoever gave the permission for Atiku to use the facility.

If you think Wike cannot abandon the project because of Atiku, then you don't know Wike. undecided
If he abandons it, what will happen
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by jamesversion: 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

If he abandons it, what will happen

Uniport will lose
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
jamesversion:

Uniport will lose
You mean FG can't build it
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by jamesversion: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You mean FG can't build it

Long story short.

The Nation Newspaper

We won’t release our facility to Atiku for campaigns – UNIPORT

Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt
February 2, 2023

The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has denied a report the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar will hold his Rivers campaign at the campus.

The university described the report, which came after Atiku and the PDP were denied the use of the Rivers stadium by the state government, as false.

UNIPORT in a statement on Thursday by its Public Relations Officer, Dr. Sam Kpenu, explained that the university was not a campaign ground.

The statement said: “Management has not authorised any political campaign rally at the University. The University is not a political ground for political campaigns

We are not contemplating releasing its facility to the Atiku Campaign Council

The Public is, therefore, called upon to discountenance this deliberate falsehood aimed at tarnishing the towering reputation of the University as it is simply a figment of the imagination of the author.

“The Institution warns the originator of this falsehood to desist forthwith or face the wrath of the law. Meanwhile, this issue has been reported to law enforcement agencies for appropriate action”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/we-wont-release-our-facility-to-atiku-for-campaigns-uniport/
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
jamesversion:

Long story short.

The Nation Newspaper

We won’t release our facility to Atiku for campaigns – UNIPORT

Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt
February 2, 2023

The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has denied a report the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar will hold his Rivers campaign at the campus.

The university described the report, which came after Atiku and the PDP were denied the use of the Rivers stadium by the state government, as false.

UNIPORT in a statement on Thursday by its Public Relations Officer, Dr. Sam Kpenu, explained that the university was not a campaign ground.

The statement said: “Management has not authorised any political campaign rally at the University. The University is not a political ground for political campaigns

We are not contemplating releasing its facility to the Atiku Campaign Council

The Public is, therefore, called upon to discountenance this deliberate falsehood aimed at tarnishing the towering reputation of the University as it is simply a figment of the imagination of the author.

“The Institution warns the originator of this falsehood to desist forthwith or face the wrath of the law. Meanwhile, this issue has been reported to law enforcement agencies for appropriate action”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/we-wont-release-our-facility-to-atiku-for-campaigns-uniport/
Maybe the ministry never gave approval in the first place because if they did, the University has no say

Wait... The sauce is the nesan. Take it with a pinch of salt
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by jamesversion: 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Maybe the ministry never gave approval in the first place because if they did, the University has no say

Ok. What about the possibility of the institution trying to play safe. What if m Tinubu wins and decides to deal with them for giving out their stadium to Atiku.

Personally I feel the school did the right thing cos a university environment isn't suited for political campaigns.
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:08am On Feb 03, 2023
jamesversion:

Ok. What about the possibility of the institution trying to play safe. What if m Tinubu wins and decides to deal with them for giving out their stadium to Atiku.

Personally I feel the school did the right thing cos a university environment isn't suited for political campaigns.

Like I said, the institution have no say if the ministry approves.
That said, if Tinubu wins, he will deal with the approving authority if he wants to deal with anyone and not the school.
In the US, political campaigns and even debates hold on college campuses more than anywhere else.
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by jamesversion: 10:38am On Feb 03, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Like I said, the institution have no say if the ministry approves.
That said, if Tinubu wins, he will deal with the approving authority if he wants to deal with anyone and not the school.
In the US, political campaigns and even debates hold on college campuses more than anywhere else.

Ok, maybe the university also had a say in whatever happens in their institution especially as it isn't a directive that affects the ruling party.

@bold, why do Nigerians always like to compare themselves with the USA. Its funny cos I don't see the peculiarities between Nigeria and USA. We don't even practice same form of democracy.

Tho not a related issue, but on a thread where Buhari came to commission a 3in1 flyover in Kano, someone asked why Nigerian govt didn't build interchanges like they build in USA, using the picture of The Dallas High 5 interchange to buttress his point. As if he knows the cost of the Dallas high 5 interchange. grin
Re: PDP PCC: Wike Frustrated, Lacks Integrity by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
jamesversion:

Ok, maybe the university also had a say in whatever happens in their institution especially as it isn't a directive that affects the ruling party.

@bold, why do Nigerians always like to compare themselves with the USA. Its funny cos I don't see the peculiarities between Nigeria and USA. We don't even practice same form of democracy.

Tho not a related issue, but on a thread where Buhari came to commission a 3in1 flyover in Kano, someone asked why Nigerian govt didn't build interchanges like they build in USA, using the picture of The Dallas High 5 interchange to buttress his point. As if he knows the cost of the Dallas high 5 interchange. grin
What do you mean by we don't practice the same form of democracy with the US?
That can't be further from the truth
Look. Except the directive didn't come from the minister of education, it doesn't matter whether it concerns the ruling party or not, it will be respected

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bolanle Ambode Donates Conveniences For Children At Ndubuis Park (photos) / INEC Registering Foreigners From Niger To Vote In 2019 - Southern,m'belt Leaders / Oritsejafor Donates Cars, Tricycles To The Less Priviledged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.